Oprah Rocks Larger Than Life Hair On ‘O’ Magazine’s September Cover

Tue, August 6, 2013 10:52am EST by 8 Comments
Oprah Hair O Magazine
Courtesy of O Magazine

Oprah has had a lot of hairstyles over the years, but this may be her fiercest one yet! We’re absolutely loving Oprah’s hair on the September issue of ‘O’ Magazine — are you?

Oprah Winfrey, 59, is not afraid to absolutely rock a look. Case in point: the cover of the September issue of O magazine! The issue is hair themed, so Oprah’s fantastic ‘fro is just right for the cover. We’re really loving this style and how confident Oprah looks rocking it!

Oprah’s Hair On ‘O’ — September Issue Goes Big

On the cover, Oprah is rocking a mile-wide smile and mile-wide hair! Oprah said the issue’s hair-centric theme will be: “exploring why hair has such a hold on us, how to change it, dye it, lose it, buzz it, and grow it out, and everything you need to make yours the best it can be.”

We guess our girl Oprah has a point about hair having such a hold on us — after all, we’re sitting here discussing her larger than life ‘fro. The wig she’s wearing, created by Kim Kimble, reportedly weighed 3.5 pounds!

While Oprah’s hair may be the focal point of the cover, the rest of her beauty look is pretty great too. She’s rocking dark, smokey eyes and a and sheer red lip. Her skin looks positively luminous — not to shabby for a woman turning 60 this coming January!

Oprah completed her look with a fabulous bright orange wrap dress, gold earrings and a matching headband, and some sparky purple bangles.

Tell us what you think of Oprah’s bigger than big hair below, HollywoodLifers!

WATCH: First Look: Lindsay Lohan on Oprah’s Next Chapter

– Sarah Hopkins

More Oprah Winfrey  News:

1. Lindsay Lohan Lands New Reality Series On Oprah Winfrey Network
  2. Beyonce To Oprah: I Will Have Another Baby After This Next Tour
  3. Beyonce Tells Oprah Why She Fired Her Dad: ‘We Would Fight’ — Watch

Julie Y

Posted at 2:55 PM on August 27, 2013

I like the photo.I’m a black woman and I see nothing wrong with this photo. Black hair is vesatile and I think that is wonderful. I can see this turning into some crazy debate when at the end of the day it’s just hair. If you want your hair straight there is nothing wrong with that. If you can rock the fro well God bless. Let’s not bring negativity towards ourselves ladies. Please!!! I don’t like it when anyone tells me what to do with my hair so I would not tell anyone how to wear their hair.

T.L. Draper

Posted at 2:15 PM on August 22, 2013

I love this photo! I am a FAN of BIG hair… and very proud of my heritage… Natural hair… the afro… to me is liberation… freedom of worrying about what others think of what I look like! Love it!

Sammy McFarlane

Posted at 11:31 AM on August 26, 2013

I love big hair too, I was a kid in the early 70’s so a big doo is like eating mashed potatoes and gravy for me, makes me feel warm and fuzzy. On the other hand, if big hair is about to make a comeback, we all need to be prepared to make a little more room for one another. It’s gonna get crowded people!!!

Robyn Racine Roberts!

Posted at 6:37 AM on August 8, 2013

As an African American woman I say OPRAH ‘s asinine ugly wig is an INSULT to us young {Black} women! That UGLY wig could set us back 100 years! “Opie” is not your average AAW, she’s so rich she make Donald Trump look common! That HIDEOUS Wig makes “Opie” look FATTER than ever & OLDER than ever! I will continue to use my FLAT IRON to keep my “BOB”, STRAIGHT & SLEEK & CHIC —-just the way my husband & I like it!

Julie Y

Posted at 3:03 PM on August 27, 2013

Your comment sets us back. Straight hair or fro who cares as long as it isn’t done maliciously. Which I seriously doubt Oprah of all people is trying to do. If you like your hair straight that’s fine but to have such anger over a photo is ridiculous. Models of all colors including the blonds have been photographed with a Fro. It does not need to be perceived negatively.

jm

Posted at 6:49 PM on August 6, 2013

I only see one arm.. where is the other one?? But love the hair!!!

abe

Posted at 11:16 AM on August 6, 2013

I absolutely agree with her.
THIS IS THE RIGHT HAIRCUT FOR THE BLACK FOLKS.

Ethel Dennis (@EthelDennis111)

Posted at 11:24 AM on August 6, 2013

℠℠℠like Dawn implied I am surprised that a mom able to profit $7443 in a few weeks on the computer. w­w­w.G­r­e­e­n­3­7.ℂ­ℴ­ℳ ℠℠℠℠℠