‘The Bachelorette’: Desiree Reveals How She Got ‘Closure’ With Brooks

Tue, August 6, 2013 10:15am EDT by 17 Comments
Desiree Brooks Closure
Courtesy of ABC (2)

Sonja

Posted at 12:40 PM on August 18, 2013

she’s trying to convince herself, Chris, Brooks and the public – NOT!

Sara (@Sara_924)

Posted at 4:21 PM on August 13, 2013

Des had an infatuation for Brooks and she saw Chris more clearly when Brooks left. I also think Brooks is gay.

CHERISSE

Posted at 8:15 PM on August 8, 2013

She’s trying to sound to positive.

sherab

Posted at 4:36 PM on September 2, 2013

yep.

gloria

Posted at 12:23 PM on August 8, 2013

Des’s feelings toward Brooks always felt like a lopsided infatuation to me and across the season I hoped she’d realize what she had in Chris.

More than that, though, the idea that someone couldn’t have strong feelings for more than one person seems like what’s off base in some of these conversations. This kind of thing happens all the time in circumstances far less prescribed than asking one person to audition more than a dozen suitors simultaneously. The idea of The One and Only is what’s ridiculous to me, even if that’s also what Des is saying she ultimately has in Chris.

Bliss

Posted at 1:27 AM on August 7, 2013

I thought Brooks would be back. I was saddened that was not the case. I felt there was real love on both sides. Maybe it was too rushed & too much pressure for him to proceed & the walls just closed in. I hope his life is somehow better from this experience.
Desiree seemed very happy with Chris, but I think it is a different happiness she would have felt had it been Brooks.
I wish them all the best & look forward to hearing their stories.

lee

Posted at 2:53 AM on August 7, 2013

Des is a desperate woman as I see it. She was very much in love with Brooks and yet when she got dumped by Brooks, now she claims Chris was never a second choice, that she is also in love with Chris. That’s a bunch of crap!!!

I have a lot of respect for Brooks for being honest about not having feelings for Des, that he is not in love with Des. Most men will just try to “lead you on” and when they got what they want, they will dump you like a piece of trash. At least Brooks is man enough to admit he is not in love with Des. I don’t believe Chris will marry Des because she is so shallow, dull and boring!

Jitterplug

Posted at 8:04 AM on August 7, 2013

I agree with lee and Bliss. You don’t fall in love with one guy and then a couple of days later get engaged to someone else. She wanted the fairytale ending at any cost.

Chris will find out how Des and Brooks broke up, whether he watches the show or not. People will let him know.

I just don’t understand why Brooks didn’t just tell Des that, although he wasn’t ready to propose to her, he wanted to see where the relationship would go out in the “real” world. I think she would have jumped at the opportunity. And that would have been REAL. Not the farce of an ending that it was. Des and Chris will never last.

Ellen A. Bell

Posted at 11:45 PM on August 6, 2013

I don’t see Chris and Desiree getting married. Chris says they decided not to watch Desiree and Brooks brake up. I wonder how he will feel when he finds out(and he will) that Desiree told Brooks she didn’t want to share her heart with the other guys she wanted to give it to him and that she didn’t want to go on the dates with the other guys but have the dates with him. Not a good foundation for a marriage when Chris has to be smart enough to know that regardless of Brooks leaving the show he will always be the second choice no matter how Desiree sugar coats it.

lee

Posted at 2:45 AM on August 7, 2013

I totally agree. I don’t believe Des is in love with Chris at all! The only reason Des accepted the proposal is to “save face” because she got dumped by Brooks. And I have a lot of respect for a man [woman] who can be honest about how they feel instead of leading you on only to break your heart later.

lee

Posted at 2:59 AM on August 7, 2013

Des is desperate to get married and she will marry any man who proposes to her even if she is not in love with the man – she is in love with love! There is something about Des that is flaky and pretentsious; not to mention that she is immature, no self-esteem, shallow, dull and boring!

I’m sure Chris will find out sooner or later that Des is not the real deal and not the woman he would want to marry.

Jitterplug

Posted at 8:06 AM on August 7, 2013

Exactly.

Jen

Posted at 1:34 PM on August 6, 2013

She settled and will always regret it. Brooks was who she wanted to marry, in fact, she told him she would have married him. She just wanted to get married and knew that Chris loved her so that was enough for now.

suzieq0072

Posted at 12:16 PM on August 6, 2013

Brooks is a confused mixed up mess. Glad she’s with someone who is a lot more stable Chris

ANN

Posted at 11:59 AM on August 6, 2013

I am so glad she ended up with Chris! he was my pick from the very first night. Brooks just wasn’t
her type – not saying he is not a nice guy……….I give him credit for waking away if he truly felt
not in love with her as it would ruin her chances and at least I give him credit – he was a gentleman.
Am so happy for Desiree and Chris, they make a perfect couple!!! GOOD LUCK! Will be watching for the nuptials! Enjoy your romance together…………………. AMR

Jitterplug

Posted at 8:07 AM on August 7, 2013

I just don’t see her and Chris being a good match. Her heart isn’t with him. And it is very obvious to me, watching the two of them together.

gro paulsen lindseth

Posted at 5:06 PM on October 14, 2013

I also think that Brooks is gay. That strucked me from the first time …