Katy Perry Disses Rihanna: I Can’t Save Her From Her Personal Life

Wed, July 31, 2013 10:32am EDT by 14 Comments
Fame Flynet

Rihanna and Katy used to be attached at the hip but they are rarely spotted out together anymore. In a brand new interview, Katy reveals why she has distanced herself from her once bestie.

Katy Perry isn’t dancing around the issue, she and Rihanna have indeed grown apart. The singer tells Elle UK that she will always care about Rihanna but that she has a group of people around her that she doesn’t approve of. Could she be talking about Chris Brown?

Katy Perry Disses Rihanna In New Interview

In a new interview with Elle UK, Katy says that she’s tired of trying to “save” her friends.

“I love her [Rihanna] and every time I see her, I’m reminded of the light that she has,” Katy says. “There’s a lot of dark in this business,” Perry said before elaborating, without naming anyone specific. “I know a lot of people out there with the most detrimental entourages — they are the root of their demise. It’s really unfortunate but you can’t save these people. My days of celebrity saving are over.”

We told you that she distanced herself from Rihanna when she got back together with Chris, but now that they’re not together, do you think they’re getting any closer? By the sound of this interview, it doesn’t look to be in the near future.

Katy Talks About Never Wanting To Date Robert Pattinson

We told you that Katy had no problem addressing the rumors that she and Rob were more than friends.

OK, so here’s the proof there was never anything going on with me and Robert Pattinson,” she says. “I fart in front of him. Properly fart. And I never, ever fart in front of a man I am dating. That’s a rule. He’s my bud, I’m like his big sister. We just hang out. The other day, I said: ‘One of the things I’m most proud of is not sleeping with you, Robert.’ And that’s true.

Katy actually also said that she reached out to Kristen to assure her not to believe the rumors of a romance.

“I sent her a text message saying: ‘I know you’ve seen all this stuff but you know I would never disrespect you. I’m not that person,’” she said. “I’m just trying to be a friend to him but it is unfortunate that I do have a set of t*ts.’”

WATCH: Rihanna – Sexiest Topless Selfies Of All Time

– Chloe Melas

More Katy Perry & Kristen Stewart News:

1. Robert Pattinson & Katy Perry: The Truth Behind Their Relationship
  2. Katy Perry: Why She Urged Robert Pattinson To Dump Kristen Stewart
  3. Kristen Stewart Tells Katy Perry To Back Away From Robert Pattinson

geeze

Posted at 4:20 PM on August 1, 2013

obviously you guys need to take a course in reading and comprehension. there was no diss from katy.

guest

Posted at 6:40 AM on August 1, 2013

She seems like a jerk kind of friend with all this blabbing.

OhMyyy

Posted at 1:43 PM on July 31, 2013

You guys want to start drama, but it will not happen. Katy did not dissed Rihanna in any way, shape or form, she rather praised Rihanna and talked about how much she loves her, and light that she shines.

nas

Posted at 1:19 PM on July 31, 2013

Katy if she is your then you shouldn’t even talking about her.You are so mean, Leave RIH alone.

Faith

Posted at 1:19 PM on July 31, 2013

C’mon you guys. Did you even get the entire interview? She didn’t dis her at all

get it right

Posted at 12:11 PM on July 31, 2013

Katy didn’t diss Rihanna. Read the whole interview. She wasn’t even talking about Rihanna when she talked about entourages. she said she loves Rihanna.

mona

Posted at 12:03 PM on July 31, 2013

we all know katy hate chris so much

tee

Posted at 11:35 AM on July 31, 2013

I love katy tho ,bt I thnk she’s a hypocrt ,how cld she say such about Rih ? And from the particular juncture ,Katty izn even more famous than Rih ,Rih still does owning the game in the industry ,see now shz wrkn on a new album which no one knew abt,shez sinking compared 2 Rih ,Rih is still as famous AF..I thnk jealousy is the only thng that cld explain all the ill talk from Katy ,well its normal tho..much love 4 them both

Fanatic

Posted at 11:25 AM on July 31, 2013

This is so not cool off katy, she shoukdn’t judge rihanna, wo does katy think she is to be judging rihanna.
A true friend takes you for who and what you are and loves you unconditionally.
Katy is a mean, thats not a nice thing to say.
You can have a friend who is for example a shoplifter or whatever, the person is still your friend.
Rihanna is way more beautifull than katy so whatever katy
Look @ russel
And john mayer
Please girl go take a seat
Love me some queen riri
Bless her
She dont need no fake friends

bernard and india walker

Posted at 11:14 AM on July 31, 2013

KATY IT MAKES ME SMILE TO SAY THIS. ROBERT SAID YOUR TITS ARE TOO BIG. RIHANNA SENT ME YOUR ELLE COVER YOU DID TOO. Now it’s scares me as a man that another man is scared of breasts. Rihanna life is diamonds . I blog for her. tell the smurfs we said hi. Maybe chris is scared of breasts. He’s not talking to Ms. Trans either. Me I think cake should always have some Icing .Stop laughing. Enjoy the way you look in the shower . I Do . ah that’s a wedding term right ?

SunnyAutumnn

Posted at 10:53 AM on July 31, 2013

Meanwhile, pictures are circulating of Rihanna wearing the colors of Chris’s Nike shoe lambo, going to eat at her supposed favorite restaurant last night. Mind games. Coincidence, I think not.

liz

Posted at 11:31 AM on July 31, 2013

You are sometimes funny tho…not to mention the same shirt as Drake!

Sammy

Posted at 12:13 PM on July 31, 2013

And the watch Chris gifted her!

Jessica

Posted at 10:36 AM on July 31, 2013

i believe katy shouldnt talk about rihanna personal life cus ur not perfect. Its best to keep ur mouth shut cus ur likely doing the same.