Jennifer Aniston Disses Brad Pitt Marriage — I Needed ‘Therapy’

Tue, July 30, 2013 3:57pm EST by 19 Comments 19,642 Article Views
Jennifer Aniston Brad Pitt Marriage
Courtesy Of Glamour/GQ

Jennifer opens up in the September issue of ‘Glamour,’ revealing that she needed therapy when she was in her 30s and married to Brad. Ouch! Is she dissing her ex?

In the September issue of Glamour, Jennifer Aniston admits in a revealing new interview that she wishes she had gone to therapy in her thirties — which is right around when she was married to Brad Pitt.

Jennifer Aniston & Brad Pitt’s Marriage Wasn’t Perfect — Jen Regrets Not Going to Therapy

Jen has come a long way from her failed marriage to Brad, which lasted from 2000 to 2005, when Jen was in her early-to-mid thirties. Jen’s Meet The Millers co-star Jason Sudeikis interviews the actress in the new issue of Glamour, asking her what advice she would give her 30-year-old self.

Jen replies, “Thirties. Go to therapy. Clean up all of the s**t. Clean up all of the toxins and the noise. Understand who you are. Educate yourself on the self.”

Jen was married to Brad for the better part of her thirties, and she also went through a very painful and public divorce during that time. Was her advice about therapy a diss to Brad?

Her ex-husband has famously slammed their marriage several times, including in a 2011 interview with Parade Magazine where he said, “It became very clear to me that I was intent on trying to find a movie about an interesting life, but I wasn’t living an interesting life myself. I think that my marriage [to actress Jennifer Aniston] had something to do with it.”

Jen might be trying to settle the score with Brad in this interview, but she does sound like she’s moved on and is genuinely happy.

“You can undo a lot of things. If you’re not happy, you can become happy,” she said. “Happiness is a choice. That’s the thing I really feel. Like with friends who refuse to get happy, who refuse to rise above the discomfort of where they’re at.”

Jennifer Aniston Is Happier With Justin Theroux

In the interview, Jennifer confesses how happy she is with her fiancé, Justin Theroux. Was this another diss to Brad?

“You actually deserve to have a family. And once you meet yourself, and truly love yourself, then you attract that. And look—I mean, the two of us have found these two, beautiful, loving, open people,” Jen explains to Jason, who is engaged to Olivia Wilde.

What do YOU think HollywoodLifers, is Jennifer trying to get back at Brad? Let us know!

WATCH: ‘We’re The Millers’ Trailer

–Sandra Clark

More Jennifer Aniston News

1. Jennifer Aniston: Justin Theroux Has ‘Amazing Paternal Instincts’
  2. Jennifer Aniston’s Bigger Bust Fuels Pregnancy Rumors
  3. Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie: Proof He Cheated On Jennifer Aniston?

ambi

Posted at 5:49 PM on November 7, 2014

I am a huge fan of Jennifer Aniston. I couldnt stand angelina when she was with billy bob thorton. I definately can’t stand angelina & brad. Jennifer doesnt need to stoop to brad/angie level. They are ridiculous with trying to atone for sins by faking good deeds & adopting kids from other country’s. There are a lot of children in the U.S that are waiting to be adopted. They should have started in U.S.

patty

Posted at 7:01 PM on August 28, 2014

OH My Here we go again what the hell does jennifer aniston got to do with pitt and jolie getting married. He was married to her 10 years ago get over it .. Just my opinion ..

Becky

Posted at 12:00 AM on May 24, 2014

If ever a movie roll fit the black haired witch playing Maleficent should come natural for jolie and the wort faced helper fits Pitt to a tee. I have no respect for either of them.

blaze

Posted at 7:09 AM on April 16, 2014

I feel terribly sorry 4 jenn.i hate “brangelina”…

mata

Posted at 2:29 AM on February 2, 2014

After my break up, I sat in my bed all day, every day. I cried constantly I actually started to Google ways to get over a broken heart, and that’s when I found your email I just wanted to thank you so much for your help. It has gotten me through a lot, and I appreciate it immensely thank you for bringing my husband back to me and our kids thank you drlawrencespelltemple@hotmail. com you are truly a blessing.

eljeran

Posted at 1:52 AM on August 23, 2013

Jen probably was unhappy. she wasnt mature enough and comfortable enough to chose a man who wasnt a star struck media obsessed punk. I have often times in my past chosen the hot looking big shots because I had low self esteem and I thought they were cool. I was always WRONG! when I started liking myself and doing good things for my body, mind, and soul, my husband came along!

Kar.

Posted at 11:54 PM on August 10, 2013

Thank heavens no one ever asks me what I think of Brad that woman and that tribe of kids just wish they would go off to a castle some where and never be heard of again.

What THEY did and what HE has said about Jenn makes me sick he is just a little man who needs a hair cut he is Yak and whats her name is just the same. God help us all when they let those kids loose when they are in their teens. HELP.

Jenn hope you are very happy I wish you all all the best.

sheppard

Posted at 7:34 PM on November 4, 2013

Wow – you’re a nasty piece of work.

Sarah-Lynn Shaw

Posted at 4:01 AM on December 23, 2013

@Kar… totally agree with you. I really dislike Brad and Angelina. Their both awful ppl, very heartless!

isjeh

Posted at 8:15 PM on July 31, 2013

she was asked those questions and answered it truthfully…if it took time for her to get therapy at least her action shows she has moved on..her experience in her first marriage make her cautious …wanting to choose happiness to make your life meaningful is a best example of winning against your life’s adversity.

fatal

Posted at 8:05 PM on July 31, 2013

sounds like she is trying to “get back” at Brad but it really is just back firing on her-as is all that therapy psychobabble she is spewing-what a load of crappppp-and she is total NOT belivable or sexy as a stripper-she looks manish and trying way too hard-and even worse as a stripper trying to play a housewife-again it looks like it COULD have been a decent flick with all the high power studio tricks and all but Anustain just tries to make it all about her and that make sit totally boring cause she is boring

Gena Bonds

Posted at 12:44 PM on July 31, 2013

Why does it have to be about a diss on Brad. She is saying that she has grown and learned to love herself. Evidently that was missing. It has made her better in this relationship. Has nothing to with Brad. We must take responsibility for ourselves and stop trying to find someone else to make us happy or blame that person for our unhappiness. You first have to love yourself and feel comfortable with yourself before you can be in a good relationship. And even with that you really never know what’s around the corner because two people with different personalities and histories are involved.

Lisa 7

Posted at 5:58 PM on July 30, 2013

She’s just saying what worked for her and how she’s grown. Stop trying to make her look bad. Pitt is the “PITTS!” He deserves all the bad KARMA HE GETS! That bi*ch of his too. Big deal she had her breasts removed. SHE DID NOT HAVE CANCER PEOPLE! She’s no hero. My BEST FRIEND IS THE HERO! She was adopted, a mom, a wife, a nurse, and the best person EVER! She died from breast cancer after SUFFERING and leaving 2 beautiful boys. SHE IS A HERO! She wasn’t on T.V.! She didn’t walk the RED CARPET! She wasn’t a millionaire. But I’ll tell you one thing……..SHE WAS A BETTER PERSON THAN THOSE TWO CHEATERS EVER WILL BE!

Gena Bonds

Posted at 12:50 PM on July 31, 2013

Lisa you have problems. A lot of pent up anger. Sorry about your friend. But there are a lot of people who lose family, parents and dtrs from breast cancer. What about the girl who had been with Jason for 14 years that he dumped when he got with Jenn. Don’t hear anything about that. Oh she’s not a big celebrity. Different standards. Brad and Jen are not the first and will not the last couple in Hollywoodmto get a divorce. Get over it!

marian (@parkermarian77)

Posted at 4:01 AM on August 9, 2013

His name is Justin not Jason. justin was not married to Heidi bivens. they were having problems any
way.

Adele

Posted at 1:49 AM on July 25, 2014

Gena, his name is Justin, not Jason. And according to him, his relationship with Heidi had been over for some time before he started dating Jen. Heidi had asked him if she could stay in his house while she found another place to live, and he agreed as a kindness to her. He moved out of his house and she stayed there for some months until she found another place. Was Justin telling the truth about that? The way I heard it was that Jen grilled him quite a bit on that because she didn’t want to date someone who was already in another relationship. She didn’t want to do to Heidi what Brad and Angie had done to her. It would be interesting if we could sit down with Jen and Justin, give them some truth serum, and find out if this is the truth.

paouser70

Posted at 7:36 PM on November 4, 2013

I’ll tell you one thing – You’re an idi0t.

Ancesterel

Posted at 4:40 PM on July 30, 2013

what Tina responded I cant believe that a stay at home mom able to earn $6198 in 1 month on the internet. did you see this web site..www.blue78.com

Vickie R. Boston (@VickieRBoston)

Posted at 4:36 PM on July 30, 2013

what Stephanie implied I am amazed that a mom can profit $9393 in 4 weeks on the internet. have you seen this web link… Ç­a­n9­9.ℂ­ℴ­M