When I first read about ‘Shake It Up’ being canceled on HollywoodLife.com’s sister site Deadline, I was crushed. Disney sure is shaking things up and I don’t like it one bit!
It’s true: Shake It Up has been canceled after three seasons. As a faithful viewer since day one, it’s sad to know I won’t see Bella Thorne and Zendaya dancing on my TV screen once this fall’s final crop of episodes have aired. I adored my weekly Disney dance party!
5 Reasons To Love (And Miss) ‘Shake It Up’
1. First and foremost, the dancing! I’m not going to lie, I’ve picked up some serious moves from Bella and Zendaya. They are so fun and hip! There’s no doubt these super-talented teens can break it down like the pros.
2. I’ve seen a lot of successful singers pass through Disney Channel – Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez to name a few — and the Shake It Up stars really upped the stakes for future Disney darlings. Bella and Zendaya have performed so many catchy singles for the show, including my favorites: “Contagious Love” and the mash-up of “Something to Dance For” and “TTYLXOX.” After the show ends, I can only hope to hear more from Bella and Zendaya.
3. The friendship between Rocky and CeCe is one of the best parts of Shake It Up. It never felt forced, and they always seemed like real-life BFFs. They are so adorable — and are totally the new Demi and Selena.
4. Roshon Fegan, who plays Ty Blue on the show, is another reason I will miss Shake It Up. Not only can he sing, but he’s also absolutely hilarious. Roshon was cool, sarcastic, and always smooth with the ladies. Did I mention he makes an excellent host? Ryan Seacrest, watch out!
5. Last but not least, the theme song! How could anyone not love this song? It’s catchy, it’s peppy and it’s sung by none other than Selena! This theme song was perfect for Shake It Up, and totally signified Selena passing the Disney torch to Bella and Zendaya! Who will they pass it to?
HollywoodLifers, will YOU miss Shake It Up? What was your favorite moment from the show? Let me know!
WATCH: Zendaya & Bella Thorne’s Mash-Up ‘Something To Dance For/TTYLXOX’
– Avery Thompson
- ‘The Glee Project’ Canceled: Oxygen Officially Axes The Reality Series
- ‘The Lying Game’ Canceled By ABC Family
- ‘Dexter’ Ending After 8 Seasons — Report