Ian Somerhalder: Out Of The Running For ‘Fifty Shades’ Movie — Report

Fri, July 26, 2013 10:45am EST by 196 Comments
Ian Somerhalder Fifty Shades
Courtesy of The CW, Amazon

maryann

Posted at 10:32 PM on August 26, 2014

Jamie Ian should have been Christian. But, alas we were given wimpy Jamie. I won’t see film, can’t find anyone going. We should all boycott.

jamie

Posted at 2:33 PM on August 26, 2014

No ian should so be mr grey the role practicly made for him

maryann

Posted at 10:46 PM on August 26, 2014

I agree read my post

Karen

Posted at 8:34 AM on December 15, 2013

YES HE IS PERFECT!!! IAN SONERHLADER HAS THE PERFECT LOOK AND HE CAN PLAY WITH EMOTION AND AT THE SAME TIME, HE CAN STILL BE EVERYONES FAVORITE BAD BOY!!! IF YOU DONT PICK IAN, THEN IM SORRY, BUT IM GONNA BE SO DISSAPOINTED AND IF THE CHOICE OF CHARACTER IS WORSE THEN IAN, THEN IM NOT WATCHING IT!!!!

June Yasuda

Posted at 8:48 PM on October 13, 2013

lets hope that Ian gets that call now to play Christen.

Stephanie

Posted at 11:34 AM on September 17, 2013

Chirstain Grey SHOULD be Ian not just because of his perfect looks but, AWESOME talent! His scarcastically cold humor and his ability to portray an amazing sexy sardonic character but, at the same time the loving and gentle make him the PERFECT Christain Grey. I honestly do NOT think I could even think of watching this movie because I couldnt even picture him not being in it!

Maryann

Posted at 3:57 PM on September 17, 2013

I so agree with you that Ian should have been Christian Grey. I did not even know who he was until I read the books and he was what I saw when I read the books. I won’t be seeing the movie. EL James knew he was out of the running probably when I first discovered who he was and just used us for hype. I read an article that she actually did that with Matt and Ian’s fanbase- used us for hype and publicity. I can’t get over that I will never be able to see a movie I was so looking forward to seeing.

faith

Posted at 12:38 PM on September 4, 2013

the main character is suppose to be stunning,yet evil….won t go to see this run of the mill looking choice. ian somerhalder had all qualifications except needing to bulk up…wouldn t look at this choice twice, and will not bother with movie…mutt!!! totally NOT the character in the book..yech!!

Maryann

Posted at 12:54 PM on September 4, 2013

I so agree with you. I don’t know why they even audition Charlie. He is so average. Better to have gone with a beautiful, stunning man. Not the high school jock. He EVEN looks bad in a suit. Need to lose like 30lbs.

LindeB

Posted at 1:44 AM on September 4, 2013

matt bomer is Christian grey. too bad he wasn’t picked. Charlie hannam and EL James are both british. need l say more? patronize your own!!!!!!!!!!!

karina

Posted at 3:33 PM on August 19, 2013

Although I think Ian is sexy I didn’t feel like he was right for the part. I would much rather see Henry Cavill play Christian….. Soooo Hot and can definitely act out all the shades that Christian’s character has.

ale

Posted at 12:14 AM on August 19, 2013

ah! im so mad this is so not fare!!!!! ian has got to be the best of ALL the candidates there where, i mean just look at him!!! he has everything to do this project! i hope it’s a false rumor, as for matt bomer i think he is a grat actor and everything but i just dont see him as grey, dont get me wrong he’s a hottie and he defently has that bad boy attitud, but i just think its too safe to choose him, it’s like we’re kinda expecting that, if there where another choice for christian i’d say it should be jared leto… im just hoping this is false i so want ian to be in 50 shades!

Shannon

Posted at 11:54 PM on August 12, 2013

While I’m a fan of Ian and The Vampire Diaries, I don’t think he would be a good choice for Christian Grey. He’s not what I pictured at all. I’ve never seen Matt Bomer act, however he is definitely closest physically to what I pictured Christian to look like. As for this actor Garrett Hedlund, I’ve never seen him in anything either but he’s not nearly attractive enough.

Leah

Posted at 11:26 PM on August 8, 2013

Ian is the absolute best actor to play Christian Grey. I can’t fathom how you look at him and not think Christian. The Fifty Shades film team is crazy to not sign him. And how unprofessional of Ms. James to go around at parties saying he wasn’t cast if that’s true. So much for her saying she wouldn’t comment on casting. Ian is the only actor to have shown her project any respect he didn’t deserve that. Most Fifty Shades fans would love to see him in the role perhaps they will show their displeasure when it comes to them forking over their money or not for the film at the box office.

Maryann

Posted at 11:34 PM on August 8, 2013

I so agree with you Leah! I am so hoping these rumors are not true. I wanted to see this movie but, won’t waste the money without the REAL CHRISTIAN GREY.

Kayla

Posted at 10:52 PM on August 13, 2013

Agreed the only reason I was going to watch was if Ian Somerhalder was the lead.So if he really isn’t playing the lead then i’m not watching.

ale

Posted at 12:17 AM on August 19, 2013

i agree with you too! and btw he was the reason i was going to watch this lol i hope he gets the part in the end… fingers crossed its not true!

AdriWho

Posted at 11:43 AM on August 22, 2013

Totally agree with you. He is the perfect Mr. Grey!! I’m not as excited about the movie anymore. The other actors, Henry & Matt are great actors but Ian’s demeanor is CG!! If he’s not going to be cast, I’m definitely not interested. I can wait for DVD.

Maggie lopez

Posted at 7:37 PM on August 7, 2013

Its a shame because he is perfect for the role ian is the best choice

Teleka

Posted at 4:01 AM on August 5, 2013

Matt Bomer…

Rosie

Posted at 9:21 PM on August 4, 2013

My friends and I so annted Ian to be Cristan Grey….we would have watched the mivie many times…we are 40 year olds and he is the hottest and best to plsy thd part….