‘America’s Got Talent': Why I’m Glad Anna Christine Made The Next Round

Thu, July 25, 2013 4:55pm EDT by 10 Comments
Courtesy of FOX

I’ve been rooting for Anna since her very first audition. This girl has some major pipes, and I’m so happy that ‘AGT’ is giving her the opportunity to showcase her amazing voice.

When it was announced in the final moments of America’s Got Talent on July 24 that Anna Christine made it through to the semi-finals, I breathed a huge sigh of relief. Who can deny Anna’s incredible talent?

Anna Christine’s Endless Potential

When I heard Anna’s first audition on the season premiere of America’s Got Talent, I was completely stunned. Like, jaw-on-the-floor stunned. From this shy, small 10-year-old girl came this breathtaking voice!

Like me, the judges were also amazed at Anna’s voice. Howard Stern even claimed they’d found a “superstar.” Did I mention she’s also an amazing pianist? Talk about a double threat.

In her first live show at Radio City Music Hall, Anna was understandably nervous. (For crying out loud, she is only 10 years old!) However, she still wowed with her rendition of “Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood.”

I was over the moon when Anna was sent to the semi-finals over American Hitmen. Not that the band of war veterans isn’t talented, but Anna has so much potential. She just needs a platform to let her talent shine. I’m excited to see her open up over the season and give me more of that magnificent voice.

Give this girl a few more years and she’ll be on the music charts for sure!

So HollywoodLifers, do YOU agree with me about Anna Christine? Let me know!

WATCH: Anna Christine Wow With “Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood”

– Avery Thompson

More ‘America’s Got Talent’ News:

1. ‘America’s Got Talent’ Recap: 8 Acts Cut In First Elimination Episode
  2. ‘America’s Got Talent’ Recap: Branden James Brings Down The House
  3. ‘America’s Got Talent’ Recap: Chloe Channell Stuns With Sass

Insert_POLL

Angela

Posted at 6:07 PM on September 5, 2013

What is wrong with those idiot judges? I. Am so depressed! She’s the ONLY reason I watched this show.

Norma Pope

Posted at 10:10 PM on September 3, 2013

WOW is all I can say. I had not been following AGT to much this season, but just watched Anna Christine sing. Her voice is amazing and the arrangement of Wild Horses just showcases her vocals even more. Listening to her without watching you’d think she was an older more seasoned performer. I hope she makes it to the end…but no worries because I am sure plenty of people in the music industry have already taken notice. She has a very bright future.

Angela

Posted at 4:25 PM on September 2, 2013

Brandon James is 1 riding on his irrelevant backstory, sob story, and 2. He is a professional with gigs in LA, not undiscovered talent, 3.he has a commercially appealing voice without soul. Anna is. Extraordinary! Really gifted.

Angela

Posted at 3:07 PM on August 26, 2013

She’s really the only truly gifted singer this year. In addition, she is an amateur and Agt is supposed to be a competition for amateurs. Brandon James, the others already have gigs in Hollywood and Vegas. Anna Christine has an unbelievably rich and powerful voice, incomparable. It will be a travesty if she does not win. An aside, in her first audition, she was fresh; a normal, pretty ten year old without make up. Then, she AGT realizes what a star she is and puts make up on her and curls her hair. I think this contributed to her nervousness. She did not go off the track. The track skipped!
It was a mechanical error that would have throw even Streisand off, but Anna moved smoothly through it.

Patti Dawn

Posted at 4:32 PM on August 15, 2013

Anna Christine ALL THE WAY!!! EXCITED to see more of her!!!!

Van

Posted at 1:52 AM on August 10, 2013

You said that you think that she will be on top of the music charts in a few years. I disagree. I think it will be in a few months. She is incredible!

Chris

Posted at 3:19 PM on July 31, 2013

Um…I really don’t know what to say. She’s great and all, but you have Branden James competing against her. And im gonna be honest, she was good. But she was not near Jackie Evancho. And it’s nice and all, but we’ve always had singer acts and dancing acts win. It’s time for other stuff to win such as danger acts, magic acts, or even comedian acts. We need new stuff.

John Riley Goldsmith

Posted at 11:52 AM on July 31, 2013

In her second audition she had a little trouble with the darkened stage like singer dancer Hollie Steel did on Britain’s got talent a few years ago. They inserted some guitar music in the middle of the song that she had to wait for. She apparently couldn’t see the other musicians which really wasn’t fair to her. That is why bands and orchestras have conductors. The second song was a little too quiet for her big voice. They need to turn her loose on really big songs. It looked like she was really enjoying the big piano. I think the makers of grand pianos like Steinway ought to have a talk with her.

richard40

Posted at 7:04 PM on July 26, 2013

I was also very glad to see that anna made it through. Although I like the hitmen as well, and hope they come back for the callback show.

Kim Henke