Meet the fresh faces coming to McKinley High — and the Big Apple — when ‘Glee’ returns for its fifth season.
Though it’s too soon to have any idea what Glee will look like in season five, following the tragic and sudden death of star Cory Monteith, we’re starting to learn about a few new faces coming to the hit Fox sing-along this fall. Two new characters are being cast by producers, according to a new report from E! Online, a process that began before Cory was found dead in a Vancouver hotel room July 13.
The report also says that Glee bosses will be meeting in a few days to begin to process how the show will move on after losing “Finn.”
‘Glee’ Season 5: Meet The Newbies
Here’s a quick breakdown of the two characters currently being cast for season five:
1. Jenny will be a “cute and quirky” girl in her twenties. She’ll first appear on the second episode of season five. Because of her age, it’s safe to assume she’ll be involved with the characters in New York City, rather than with the glee club back in Ohio. The role of Jenny requires singing.
2. The second character, who has yet to be given a name, is described as an African-American student at McKinley High. Unlike “Jenny,” this character is clearly going to be attached to the glee club. This role also requires singing.
Will ‘Glee’ Season 5 Begin On Schedule?
Though Cory’s death has devastated the entire Glee family, there are currently no plans to move the season premiere date from Sept. 19, 2013. That could change, but for now, it’s set.
HollywoodLifers, how do you think Glee should handle the loss of Finn, following Cory’s tragic passing? Drop a comment below.
— Andy Swift
More ‘Glee’ Season 5 News:
- ‘Glee’: Naya Rivera Reveals Santana’s Ideal Girlfriend Post-Brittany
- Cory Monteith: How Will His Death Affect The Future Of ‘Glee’?
- ‘Glee’ Scoop: Adam Lambert Joins The Cast For Season 5