Cory Monteith Struggled With Fame Before Death — Report

Wed, July 17, 2013 8:28am EDT by 5 Comments
Cory Monteith Struggled Fame
Courtesy of Fox

justsaying so chillout

Posted at 9:17 AM on July 17, 2013

Sorry to say, told you so but I have gotten alot of flack for saying what was true since his death. He died of an overdose of HIS OWN DOING no need to make him a hero. When someone does a stint in rehab you don’t go back to heroin alley I mean would an alcoholic work in a brewery or winery or would temptation and sickness win over, well we all know the sickness would prevail and heroin is the most difficult of substances to stay away from. Once again let his family put him to rest and please do not make this guy a hero for there is nothing heroic in shooting up heroin. People are dying of cancer every day who want to live but then the illnesss takes over, these are the heros, the fighters not some drugged out junkie! Enough on this if he didn’t have the desire to live then why should I care.

justtelling dontfreak

Posted at 12:52 PM on July 17, 2013

Apparently you don’t know anything about addiction.

justsaying so chillout

Posted at 10:49 AM on July 18, 2013

@justtelling dontfreak. Unfortunately I know alot about addiction, had my own struggles. But what I’ve learned is that I was responsible for my addictions and therefore it was my responsability to get and stay clean.Not an easy task , takes a lot of hard work and yes relaspses do happen. I guess some people are stronger than others. Anyways I think we shouldn’t make him into some kind of hero because addiction is a cowardly action. Can’t we just let him RIP and let the people who loved him ( not fans) grieve in peace?

michelle davison

Posted at 2:58 PM on July 17, 2013

I get what you’re saying and you are so right. We cannot blame any one for Cory’s death, but Cory himself. In some strange way, it’s like Russian Roulette with suicide, you know? Just doing the drug knowing that at anytime it could be your last high. Addicts don’t give a crap about life or death or the people they hurt with their substance abuse problems. He left in the wake a lot of very sad and devastated people, who loved him despite his addiction and selfishness. That’s the hard part.

I really enjoyed Cory’s character, Finn on Glee. I don’t know him outside of that. From the interviews and things, he seemed like a very good person, and I’m sure he was, he just didn’t have a very strong character and let addiction take his life. To me, that’s a tragedy. He should never be hailed a hero, but should be a representation of another young life lost to the disease of addiction and this is not fantasy, this is reality. No one is immune to it. Heroin will take you in and spit you out. It’s a nasty drug and one of the hardest to kick, so I’ve been told. Let this be a lesson learned. Just stay away from the stuff, no one is immune to the wickedness of it–no one.

bokiluis

Posted at 8:49 AM on July 17, 2013

I always liked Cory from the beginning with his funny, awkward dance moves and kind demeanor. My heart goes out to Lea and Cory’s family.