Lea Michele Needs Professional Help To Heal After Cory Monteith’s Death

Wed, July 17, 2013 9:41am EDT by 14 Comments
Lea Michele Professional Treatment Al Anon
fameflynet

org.uk

Posted at 6:19 AM on November 4, 2013

I don’t know if it’s just me or if perhaps everybody else encountering problems with your site.
It appears like some of the text on your posts are running off the screen.
Can someone else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them
too? This may be a problem with my web browser because I’ve had this happen before.
Cheers

Diana Navarrete

Posted at 3:05 AM on July 24, 2013

I feel for Lea the most. Just reading that she screamed…..it sounds horrible. Idk what happened but from watching her in glee I can imagine a total meltdown. I feel for her and his family. If Cory was able to see how it was affecting them……

Gleefamily

Posted at 3:43 AM on July 21, 2013

There should be an ‘It’s none of our business’ option on the poll…

Ripcory

Posted at 10:09 PM on July 17, 2013

Hopefully she can have some of his ashes so she always have him ill be praying for here it’s truly heartbreaking what happen.

Liz

Posted at 9:56 PM on July 17, 2013

Ugh, disgusting, disrespectful, and cheap article. Shame on you.

Monica

Posted at 8:00 PM on July 17, 2013

didn’t she say give her and his family some respect and privacy, instead of analyzing her shes a grown woman..let his death be at peace and their lives. shame on you. really. disgusting.

Patrick

Posted at 11:49 AM on July 17, 2013

Oh please this makes me so sick. Why didn’t she help Cory with his drug problem but sat back and watch him kill him self with this drug. You can not hide a herion drug habit so she can’t say i didn’t know he wasn’t a drug user. She should be responsible for his death and didn’t nothing to help him or even love him.Lea should be put in a mental hospital for just being stupid and hiding the fact she was dating a drug user and did nothing to help him.

anonymous

Posted at 12:43 PM on July 17, 2013

Excuse me, but Lea did every thing she could to help Cory. She knew about his battle with drugs. She was the reason he went to rehab, she stuck with him throughout the whole process. She was always there for him, supporting him. If that’s not helping, then I don’t know what is.
What was she supposed to do? Breathe down his neck and ask tell him every five seconds not to do drugs? Lea is anything BUT responsible for Cory’s death.
Obviously you don’t know their story, so next time you post something like this, think about wether your “facts” are true or not.

Have a good life,
Patrick

RIP Cory and Pray for Lea

Posted at 2:47 PM on July 17, 2013

You said it perfectly! I could not have said it better myself. That Patrick person obviously doesn’t know what he is talking about!.

Sharon

Posted at 5:44 PM on July 24, 2013

I will not say that Lea killed Cory but she should have done some research regarding this disease. I know all about it because of my husband. He went to rehab but that was only the beginning of the journey for him. When they get out, you put your hands out and say okay, lets do this together. Put your hand in mine and I’ll be with you every step of the way. You put your life on hold. She should have been in Vancouver with him. Letting him go alone was a death sentence especially for 8 days. I knew that myself and she was off on a vacation in Cabo. I’m sorry, that should not have been her choice. I’m not saying this to me mean or spiteful but she should have been with him every step of the way. I did and my husband is still her today and when he falls, I’ll be there to catch him because is a wonderful man caught up in this world of drugs. Again, I’m saying this to mean, I just don’t understand why?

Sharon

Posted at 5:46 PM on July 24, 2013

Yes she should have been breathing down his neck. These people are vulnerable. It is like putting a diabetic outside a candy store window and the door is unlocked.

mimi

Posted at 11:27 PM on July 27, 2013

I trully believe that Cory alone in Vancouver was a mistake. It was like “putting a diabetic outside a candy store window and the door is unlocked” as Sharon have stated. There was little time he was out of rehab, and Vancouver has lots of places He used to go to get high, and friends he used to go out with, it was a perfect scenario for a slip up , but blame on Lea is too much. I believe she was misguided about how to deal with Cory in the first months after his rehab or maybe naive at the point of believe in his word about being ok, maybe she has given him a vote of confidence to prove she believed in his recover 100%, or maybe she insisted to go, but he refused. It was a mistake let him travel alone to the place he start to use heroin? YEAH! It was, but there is a lot of other circunstances behind this fact, and we have no clue about what really happend, so I won’t judge her, or blame her, because when a close my eyes and think about my family, I’m afraid I would be the one feeling the pain they are feeling right now one day. Lea is just a 26 years old girl, famous, and rich, but in the end, she was someone who tried to save a loved one and who fought with the weapons she had. Sorry about my English, I’m not natve speaker, and I’m still learning :)

michelle davison

Posted at 2:45 PM on July 17, 2013

I have to reply to this statement about her not helping Cory. That’s not true. She did try to help him, she’s the reason he went to rehab in April. She tried to get him off the junk. What do you want the poor girl to do? Getting people help and trying to be there for them in support of getting them clean is all anyone can do, it’s up to the addict to do the work. Get it together and stop being so callused. Whoever the hell you are.

Pathfinder79

Posted at 2:50 AM on July 18, 2013

This is obviously all heartbreaking; Cory shouldn’t be gone and Lea shouldn’t be helping plan a funeral for her otherwise healthy 31 year old boyfriend. It’s all just sad and senseless. Maybe if we as a society could address addiction as the public health crisis it is instead of something to be swept under the rug and denied at all costs there would fewer of these sad stories.

The bottom line is that 30 days is nowhere near long enough in rehab for something as serious as heroin addiction. The clinic should have addressed that with Cory. Who knows – perhaps they did, but 30 day stints for serious addictions are kind of the rule. It really all comes down to insurance companies. They don’t want to pay for the three to six month rehab stays that are more realistic for serious addictions.

Counselors at the clinic also should have gotten real with Cory before he was discharged to make sure that he understood that his tolerance after rehab would be much lower and if he used again he’d need to cut his dosage way back – like by half or more. I’m sure it sounds counter-intuitive to talk to an addict about how to relapse safely, but the reality is a very high percentage of people will relapse or have “slip-ups” after rehab. This is the kind of information that could save their lives if they do.

In any case, from all I’ve seen it seems Lea did everything any sane person could have expected and more. She obviously has no reason to feel guilty. And while I get people feeling these kinds of articles are inappropriate, in this case the “expert advice” isn’t bad and could be helpful to some of Cory and Lea’s fans if they find themselves dealing with similar issues.

In any case I hope Lea has people around her who will advocate grief counseling and probably some co-dependency counseling as well.