‘True Blood’ Season 6: Major Death Will ‘Change The Tone Of The Show’

Tue, July 16, 2013 3:50pm EDT by 89 Comments
True Blood Season 6 Spoilers
Courtesy of HBO (3)

Brandon

Posted at 3:00 AM on July 18, 2013

Check my theory out what you think?just my theory plz tell me what you think

Brandon

Posted at 2:56 AM on July 18, 2013

I have three I’m on the edge about picking I personally think Pam or Eric is gone but then again that could be a twist they threw into the rumor mill to throw fans even more off when it happened .. So thinking that probably lafayette is gone .. His storyline has consistently gotten smaller and smaller since Jesus has been taken out . I would half to say it will be him and it will probably be an accident by sookie somehow with him being possessed by her dad .. They said 6 deaths this season but one wouldn’t stick 3/4 faerie girls gone Willa turned but dead we can say that’s the one that didn’t stick because it just gave her character value so that’s 4 then Lafayette that makes 5 the. Last will be bilith or warlow

Jayde

Posted at 10:54 PM on July 17, 2013

It won’t be Pam, Eric or Jess. They were all seen in Bill’s premonition at the Vamp Camp awaiting true death.. It could be Terry as he has asked to be killed?

Posted at 1:10 AM on July 18, 2013

It could be Terry. I’m just not sure how his death changes the whole tone of the show.

lavondacamp

Posted at 6:17 PM on July 17, 2013

you know it will be pam she will kill her own self because she knows eric want do it and she don’t want nothing to happen to him

Posted at 1:11 AM on July 18, 2013

Yeah, she’s a definite possibility, and her loss would change the tone of the show.

Gayle

Posted at 5:43 PM on July 17, 2013

If Eric goes so do i

Posted at 1:10 AM on July 18, 2013

Thanks for the notice

tammy

Posted at 1:48 PM on July 17, 2013

i would like to know who turned steve newlin……can some answer that question please……

Posted at 1:12 AM on July 18, 2013

Many of us have guessed it was Salome, since he was so easily manipulated, but we don’t know for sure.

keep calm and read

Posted at 11:04 AM on July 18, 2013

I think it was Nora and that she might show up in camp and command Steve to kill the other people in the room.

Breen

Posted at 1:15 PM on July 17, 2013

I think Sookie gets turned. That would totally alter the feel of things and the show itself.

I can’t see anyone offing Eric…talk about a way to kill viewership….especially after Charlaine spit in the eyes of all the fans of the books and the fall out from it. I can’t see it being Bill cause of this whole “save the world” plot he has right now. It might be Laf, which would be totally depressing cause we really need his input to keep the show fresh. I hope its Tara. She is such an annoyance, and while I’m sure some folks would be upset, I can see her gone…I hope I can see her gone. I hope its not Jess, she’s too much fun. I also hope its not Pam….she’s needed to keep Eric being Eric, along with her fashion sense :)

Nick

Posted at 3:58 PM on July 17, 2013

I thought that Bill had to die because I thought that this was going to be the last season but since it’s getting renewed. I’m not so sure anymore. I’m certainly expecting him to die because I think he’s going to somehow sacrifice himself for everyone, whether by somehow walking in the sun for some reason or by defying what Lilith wants so she kills him.

This whole “Bill, the save the world” plot is a total bore to the show. It needs go as fast as possible.

Posted at 1:24 AM on July 18, 2013

The Lilith/Bill/Warlow plot is fascinating, IMO. I think the characters play off each other very well. But it has to end this season. We need resolution to Lilith using Bill, and Warlow going after Sookie. ( I’m getting a little tired of the monotone, deadpan faced Lilith.)
The vamp camp, the governor’s daughter being turned, and Jessica killing 3 fae girls are all terrific story lines too.
The s/l I am not committed to is: the werewolves going after Sam to get Emma…snooze.

Posted at 1:15 AM on July 18, 2013

Well, CH wrote the ending to her novels the way she saw it should be for Sookie. If certain fans, and it was definitely not all fans, had a preconceived notion of the ending, that’s their problem.

I agree, it might be Tara, but it could also be Pam or Jessica, which would be sad.

Terri

Posted at 12:58 PM on July 17, 2013

If Eric dies I will not watch anymore Bill might as well have died already I hope it’s Newlin though

Rhonda

Posted at 9:51 AM on July 17, 2013

I think it will be Eric….which will be very sad to see

Nick

Posted at 10:45 AM on July 17, 2013

I can’t imagine HBO killing off Eric, especially now that they renewed TB for another season. Many viewers sure would quit TB if he is killed as he is the main draw for majority (as he used to be in the books).

sookieannette

Posted at 2:43 PM on July 17, 2013

idk who it will be, but i bet i will need a box of Kleenex sunday night. In the books Eric doesn’t die, but Arline does, idk if they are trying to still follow any of the books anymore.

Posted at 1:28 AM on July 18, 2013

Eric is a big draw, that’s true. But if you read non-biased sites, many people watch for the whole cast, and the story lines, and not for any particular character. It would not be the end of TB, but I don’t think they will kill him off. He drives the story well, as does Bill, and Sookie. It could be almost anyone besides those three. I’m hoping it’s not Jason or Jessica or Pam.

Posted at 1:25 AM on July 18, 2013

I’m almost positive it won’t be Eric.

Fanny Parker

Posted at 3:15 AM on July 18, 2013

I remember sometime back that killing off Eric was being tossed around. And he commented something like ‘but you never know, I might come back’. I would hate for it to be him though! I’m thinking Tara but really, her death would not alter much. Only a major character will cause some huge change in everything. So it would really have to be either Bill, Eric or Sookie. Even Sam dying wouldn’t alter the landscape all that much, nor would Alcide.

steve

Posted at 9:32 AM on July 17, 2013

lafayette , just like the books will die, he lasted longer than he should have

Posted at 1:30 AM on July 18, 2013

It could be Lafayette. That would change the tone of the show. But I’d be very sad to lose him, I really like Laffy a lot!

Ben Monk

Posted at 5:20 AM on July 17, 2013

I think it will be sookie as Anna now has a child to look after amd all of the plots for the other characters are set up so it could definately continue without her. I would be devastated though.

Rhonda

Posted at 9:52 AM on July 17, 2013

Considering the movies is based off the Sookie Stackhouse novels I am not sure if it will be the main character.

Posted at 1:32 AM on July 18, 2013

No, the whole show would crumble, because Sookie drives the fae story line, and is a huge part of the vampire s/l too..

Willette

Posted at 12:06 AM on July 17, 2013

It’s said someone was gonna die not leave the show. I think Warlow is gonna turn Sookie.

Jason Castleman (@lethargicj)

Posted at 11:09 PM on July 16, 2013

It’s OBVIOUSLY Pam. The previews for next week’s episode made that pretty clear. The show ended with Eric and Pam being forced to fight. The previews showed Eric still alive with the area covered in blood. The vampires always explode blood everywhere when staked.

bokiluis

Posted at 8:18 AM on July 17, 2013

Hmmm, I didn’t notice the section where Eric is still alive….I need to go back.

bokiluis

Posted at 8:38 AM on July 17, 2013

You’re right. It shows Eric going after Steve Newlin for his Intel so poor Pam, whom I really like, looks like she loses the mock hunger games. Darn.

Rem

Posted at 9:35 AM on July 17, 2013

Just because there’s blood doesn’t mean it’s either Pam’s or Eric’s. Or if it is that it’s a fatal wound. They’re not killing off Pam. Besides, Kristin was still doing reshoots a couple of weeks ago.

NB

Posted at 8:51 AM on July 17, 2013

How someone could think Eric Northman is going to kill his OWN progeny is beyond me. Do they really watch the show? It’s obviously a human inside the control room, people. He’s not stupid.

bokiluis

Posted at 9:29 AM on July 17, 2013

Did you forget that Eric released her as his progeny in your grandstanding remarks?

Rem

Posted at 10:07 AM on July 17, 2013

@bokiluis: he released her, but she’s still his progeny. Eric would probably rather be killed than kill in this situation. He has rather strong feelings about family-unlike say Bill or Gov. Burrell.

NB

Posted at 5:45 PM on July 17, 2013

@bokiluis – Do we ever stop being our parent’s children? Did you see that Eric calls her “his child” even after he released her? Did you miss the part where Sarah Newlin said Pam was one of “his progeny” while you were making useless remarks?

Posted at 1:34 AM on July 18, 2013

Agreed, Eric is not going to kill Pam. He would die first, but he won’t.

bokiluis

Posted at 9:29 AM on July 18, 2013

What amazes me are the people who offer their opinions, but, cannot resist being condescending. Alan Ball has not followed the books to the letter and almost any scenario is possible. State your opinion, but, try to do it with dignity and stop the urge to take a shot…..it doesn’t hurt, really it doesn’t.

Greyk

Posted at 10:15 PM on July 20, 2013

It certainly looks like Pam’s blood from the previews, and you can really see the pain in Eric’s eyes when he looks at her. I hope she’s only wounded. I hope they know each other so well that they work out a survival plan on the fly. But to save himself, I think Eric would kill her. That’s how you reach 1000 years as a vampire.

bokiluis

Posted at 10:52 AM on July 21, 2013

Oh no! In the very last frame of the new trailer could it be Bill who meets the “true death”? I’ll be heartbrokened!

Jake

Posted at 11:07 PM on July 17, 2013

A lot of people are saying the blood is actually from the inside, meaning someone in the room with the governor dies.

BB

Posted at 10:22 PM on July 16, 2013

I don’t care who dies, as long as its not Eric, best character by far…and why couldn’t they just let Tara stay dead at the beginning of ;last season, she is so useless.

bokiluis

Posted at 10:21 PM on July 16, 2013

Where there’s smoke there’s fire. The rumor mill has been most active on Eric. He has had a couple of feature film roles, albeit in small indie films. Whereas you haven’t heard much about Bill actively hired for film roles despite his theatrical pedigree owning his own theatre company. It is set up for Pam to win “The Hunger Games”, but, that may be too obvious. It will be a lost, for sure, but the show was fine before Eric came on board with his longer Nordic haircut sitting on the throne in The Fangtasia Bar. Regardless, the show has never been so exciting so it will be a lost.

Nick

Posted at 11:01 PM on July 16, 2013

And Anna Paquin? She also has had a couple of feature film roles. I do not see her leaving because of it.

Rem

Posted at 6:32 AM on July 17, 2013

If they kill Eric the show loses a lot of its viewers. And HBO knows it. And it’s unlikely that any of the three leads will die unless it’s the end of the series.
There are synopsis for the upcoming episodes that include Pam and Eric. Most of the rumors surrounding Eric’s death this season were because Alex had about two weeks off in February, therefore freaking certain people out. who then decided if Alex wasn’t filming Eric must have been killed off.
Human who dies is probably Laffy, and I suspect the next vamp to go is Nora (no great loss).

erics#1fan

Posted at 7:08 PM on July 17, 2013

Alexandar Skarsgard said just last year he would be stupid to leave trueblood willingly. and they would not kill him off as they would lose LOTS of fans!!!!

Posted at 1:39 AM on July 18, 2013

AS far as TB goes, where there’s smoke,there’s usually NO fire. They are the best at misleading the viewership with false rumors and clips that make it look like something happens that really does not happen. AS has continued to say he loves working on TB. I would be totally shocked. Of course, they could always make him a reappearing spirit, like Godric was, but I don’t think so.

Gigi Spuler

Posted at 10:19 PM on July 16, 2013

Are you all forgetting that andy (the sheriff) made an oath to “the light” that at least 2 of his daughters would reach adult age? only one survived, it could totally be him.
But it could also be Lala (i would hate that ’cause i love him), perhaps warlow runs to the rescue and kills him without knowing he’s possesed.
And the other options is that eric kills himself to save pam. Please don’t be eric please please please

marvin

Posted at 8:08 AM on July 17, 2013

From the previews of the next show …. it was Eric who was looking through the who was looking through the blood soaked hole in the window … and sayying “steve Newland…. I see you in there”

Posted at 1:42 AM on July 18, 2013

Yes, it could be Lafayette. I will be very sad too. I love that character. It could be Warlow or Bill who comes to the rescue of Sookie and kills Lafayette. His humor and witty one-liners would be sorely missed!

Nick

Posted at 1:57 AM on July 18, 2013

Or Sookie herself in self-defense kills Lala. What would be a great and interesting twist to her character.

Jen

Posted at 9:27 PM on July 16, 2013

As long as it’s not Bill or Jessica!! Love them. Too bad they can’t kill off Sookie, stupidest female character on TV. Benlow (Warlow) is a total psycho and a total bore so unfortunately knowing this show he’ll stay :((

Nick

Posted at 9:45 PM on July 16, 2013

I also think that Benlow (Warlow) is a psycho dull and a total bore character to the show. It will only last on the show until the tenth episode of 6th season (I think). If he was at least ‘enjoyable’ like Franklin or Russell Edgington :o….

But I think it’s time to Bill disappear from the show, if I recall he died and was reborn as Lilith. All of this Billith (saviour) plot has become tiresome. The show needs of more dynamic plots than this current storyline.

The vamp governor’s camp storyline is fun and interesting to watch though.

Posted at 1:49 AM on July 18, 2013

For either Bill or Eric to leave the show, given their long term adversarial love/hate relationship, would be a real mistake. Eric and Bill’s best scenes are when they are playing off each other. When they aren’t in scenes together i really miss it. As a Bill fan, I am enjoying the Lilith/Bill s/l, but I think it should come to a conclusion this season, definitely,. The vamp camp is a great s/l!

Posted at 1:45 AM on July 18, 2013

I’m not a big fan of Warlow, but he does have an important part in the present s/l. Since there is that contract between him and Sookie’s great great great grandfather they need to solve her predicament of being promised to him. I hope they do that soon.

I love Bill and Jessica too, but Jessica did say she should burn in hell for what she did (killing the fae girls) so she is a possibility. I will truly hate that.

Nicole

Posted at 6:58 PM on July 16, 2013

I just hope Pam, Eric, Tara, Jessica, Sookie, Lafayette and even Warlow I’ve started to like his character. Please let it be bill he’s annoying now

Posted at 1:50 AM on July 18, 2013

I love, love, love Bill.

Jane

Posted at 6:38 PM on July 16, 2013

What about Lafayette? His names not even a choice in the poll. I’m afraid it’s going to be him. Love LaLa.

Maybe...?

Posted at 6:23 PM on July 16, 2013

How dead is this character going to be? dead-dead or vampire dead? Because I would be okay with Jason “dying” and coming back as a vampire. Maybe Jason almost dies saving Jessica from vamp camp and a heart broken Jessica turns him before he can take his last breath? That’s the only way I’d be okay with anyone dying. Plus, Jason as a vampire would greatly change the dynamic of the show (at least for me it would). Jason is Sookie’s last link to the normal human world. Having him turned into a vampire would change Sookie’s life forever, she would never be able to distant her self from the supernatural/vampire world with her brother (her only living relative) being a vampire himself.

Posted at 1:51 AM on July 18, 2013

i agree, that would change the dynamic of the show totally! But i’d hate to see Jason as anything other than human…he’s just great the way he is.

Deborah

Posted at 6:02 PM on July 16, 2013

You forgot Terry. His friend is going to kill him.

Rem

Posted at 7:39 PM on July 16, 2013

Terry’s not a principal character, though. And his death wouldn’t change the tone of the show. I still lean toward Laffy dying, but I’m not sure his death would change the tone of the show either, since he currently doesn’t have much of a storyline.

Nick

Posted at 5:40 PM on July 16, 2013

Bill has to die this season right? I feel like there is no way Bill can live if Lilith needs to die.

However I’d get sad and did not even have the interest to follow the 7th season if it is Eric. The plot has been lost since the fifth season, Currently I just watch this show for individual performances.

Lz

Posted at 4:28 PM on July 16, 2013

All I know is that it better NOT be Pam. !!! I will stop watching the show I love her!

Ashley

Posted at 3:59 PM on July 16, 2013

I think it will be Jessica…just can’t see how they will go from her killing Andy’s kids…I think she will sacrifice herself to save someone. If it’s a human, I think it will be Terry…just don’t how it will be devastating.

Posted at 1:56 AM on July 18, 2013

Yes, I have a strong suspicion it will be Jessica too. I will be really sad and unhappy, I love Jessica, Always have, since her first episode.

Luz

Posted at 3:57 PM on July 16, 2013

I’m starting to think Pam is the one who’s not gonna make it to the end of this season, I hope I’m wrong, because I adore her.