So tragic. Cory’s autopsy results have been released, and the ‘Glee’ star died from ‘mixed drug toxicity,’ which included heroin and alcohol.
The British Columbia Coroners Service has completed the autopsy of Cory Monteith, and TMZ is reporting that Cory died from a fatal combination of heroin and alcohol. The Glee star was found dead on July 13.
Cory Monteith — Died From Heroin & Alcohol
Cory, 31, died from a lethal combination of heroin and alcohol, Canadian authorities tell TMZ. The British Columbia Coroners Service says an autopsy and toxicological analysis show the actor died on from a “mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol.”
The Vancouver police staged a press conference, and Cst. Brian Montague said the following:
This was an overdose and a tragic accident..
The police investigation has now been concluded, unless new evidence is received.
He was alone at the time of his death. There were three people with him [earlier that night], we spoke with them all and they were co-operative. It is not relevant to a police investigation.
There was no evidence to suggest anything out of the ordinary. There was no sign of a struggle or a robbery. Evidence was consistent with a drug overdose. Foul play was not involved.
He was last seen after two in the morning, and he was found at noon. We believe he was dead for several hours before he was found.
This is truly devastating news. It had been reported that alcohol and drugs were found in the hotel room he died in.
Cory was staying at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel in Vancouver, where he was found dead. A local source tells HollywoodLife.com that this area of the city has “an open air drug market.” Here’s what we were told:
Cory’s last known meeting took place at East of Main Cafe (223 E Georgia St., Vancouver) — this is four blocks from Hastings and Main, which is often described as ‘the epicenter of Vancouver’s drug trade.’ The hotel Cory was found in is 10 blocks from Hastings and Main. As a former Vancouver resident, I can tell you this area is terrifying — even during the day! There is an open air drug market and everything from heroin, crack cocaine and crystal meth is on offer. The police control the perimeter of this area, but once you enter, it’s a free for all with users openly shooting up in the streets. Every time I’ve been in that area — even in the daylight — I have seen junkies with needles in their arms and have been offered coke, crystal meth and speedballs (heroin and cocaine mixed). It’s a scary place, but for anyone using or fighting addictions, it’s especially dangerous since it’s nearly impossible to walk through there without being offered drugs.
It has been reported that Cory kept his substance issues under control in LA, but when he went back Vancouver he tended to revert to old ways.
Cory left Glee in April 2013 to enter rehab for substance abuse issues. Cory left the facility a month later and returned to the loving arms of his biggest supporter, his Glee co-star and off-screen girlfriend Lea Michele, who we know is devastated by his death.
What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Are you surprised to learn that Cory died from heroin and alcohol?
WATCH: Vancouver Police Confirm Cause Of Death
– Eleanore Hutch
More Cory Monteith Death News:
- Cory Monteith: Alcohol & Substances Found In Hotel Room — Report
- Cory Monteith Death: Cousin Lays Flowers Outside Hotel Where He Died
- Cory Monteith: ‘Glee’ Star Found Dead In Vancouver Hotel At Age 31