Jay-Z’s New Album ‘Magna Carta’ Slammed By Rapper Earl Sweatshirt

Fri, July 12, 2013 4:07pm EST by 10 Comments
Earl Sweatshirt Disses Jay Z
Fameflynet/Courtesy of Fader Magazine

KTA

Posted at 10:19 PM on July 14, 2013

For all you idiots saying,”Oh why is earl SAYIN anything at all I’ve never even heard that guys name he probably sucks because he doesn’t have as much fame as jay z.” You’re indisputably stupid. Earls lyrical skill is WAY beyond jay z’s. Jay Z cannot compete with Earl and the reason why he isn’t as famous as Jay Z is because him and the rest of Odd Future is still rising. They’re going to get big but the kid is still really young, and he is young prodigy. If you’re a true hip hop head and you know people like MF Doom then you’d know that anyone like Earl would lyrically destroy Jay Z. At the end of the day you could have hundreds of millions of dollars but still your rapping wouldn’t be as good as a true MC.

Babegirl27

Posted at 12:14 AM on July 13, 2013

HATE IS UGLY lol u think Jay give a hot d*** what this clown thinks hell no HE GETTING PAPER!!

cel

Posted at 7:36 PM on July 12, 2013

I agree with Earl, thank you for being real. The album wasn’t good at all and its only popular due to Jay’s name. It’s like blockbuster movies, people who don’t know much about film will think its a good movie if everything around the content is top notch.

I like Jay-Z’s older stuff, but watch the throne and this new album aren’t good, and if you think so, I’m sorry, you don’t know music.

cel

Posted at 7:38 PM on July 12, 2013

Furthermore, The lyrics to the opening song weren’t great either. Timberlake killed his singing aspect, and the production in terms of beat and audio engineering were of course perfect. Jay-Z’s verse sounded forced, choppy flowed, and not cohesive from line to line in terms of relevance. You can tell the his talent is not as polished as he once was.

just sayin'

Posted at 6:50 PM on July 12, 2013

I’m sorry, who is Earl Sweatshirt?

DORA22

Posted at 3:11 PM on July 14, 2013

Lol that’s what I thought. I don’t even know the ugly foreheaded dude. LOL

jean vie

Posted at 6:38 PM on July 12, 2013

I don’t like JC period. his rapping ability consist of words that disrespects women.he uses the words N….., B……, & such. he is nothing but a bully. wasn’t he a criminal, a dope pusher when he was younger?

Can't knock the hustle

Posted at 5:47 PM on July 12, 2013

Let’s begin with Jay becoming famous due to his talents. 2nd- you don’t lose black fans because you diss J unless the reason they gave you a chance IS because he gave you a nod to begin. You sound bitter. Since Ive nev heard your name before today, I’m mad that HL even picked this up as news. I have a few more thoughts but why waste them.
Stay in your lane carpooler !

DORA22

Posted at 3:14 PM on July 14, 2013

Oooohhhhhh BAM. You told him lol!!! I feel the same

J Dot

Posted at 11:39 PM on August 26, 2013

Yeah, I’m sorry but for those of you who don’t know who earl is….I….you know what, sometimes, stupidity is better left alone. EARL is true hip hip, and so is Jay Z…but Magna Carta was possibly the worst thing he’s ever put out. Doris on the otherhand (Earl’s new album) is quite frankly a work of art. I understand this is extremely old news, but I had to way in.