Cote De Pablo Leaving ‘NCIS’ Next Season

Thu, July 11, 2013 1:06pm EST by 47 Comments
Cote De Pablo Leaving NCIS
FameFlynet

Say it ain’t so, Cote! The ‘NCIS’ fan favorite announced on July 10 that she would be stepping down from her role after eight years. She’ll definitely be missed!

Looks like the NCIS team is going to need a new agent. Cote de Pablo, who plays Ziva David on CBS’ hit drama NCIS has announced that she is leaving the show.

Cote De Pablo Will Leave ‘NCIS’

The 33-year-old actress released an official statement on July 10 to The Hollywood Reporter:

I’ve had eight great years with NCIS and Ziva David. I have huge respect and affection for Mark [Harmon], Gary [Glasberg], Michael [Weatherly], David [McCallum], Rocky [Carroll], Pauley [Perrette], Brian [Dietzen], Sean [Murray], all of the team and CBS. I look forward to finishing Ziva’s story.

CBS also confirmed Cote’s departure soon after:

We respect Cote’s decision, thank her for being an important part of the NCIS team, and for eight terrific years playing Ziva David. Cote and CBS share a great respect for the NCIS audience, and we look forward to working with her and the producers on appropriate closure in this chapter of Ziva’s story.

As of now there is no clear reason why Cote would choose next season as the time to leave the show — it’s still successful, she was one of the most featured actors last season, and she doesn’t have any other roles on the horizon — but it’s certainly a blow to NCIS. Her character, Ziva David, is easily one of the most well-liked on the show, and the romantic possibilities between Ziva and Anthony DiNozzo (Michael Weatherly) had fans begging for more.

It’s very sad to see Cote go, though we’ll definitely be seeing her elsewhere. The only thing we’re worried about is with all this talk about “finishing Ziva’s story,” we really hope she doesn’t get assassinated!

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Let us know!

WATCH: Cote De Pablo’s Best Moments On ‘NCIS’

– Andrew Gruttadaro

More Stars Leaving Shows:

1. ‘Teen Wolf’ Shocker: Colton Haynes Not Returning For Season 3
  2. ‘Ravenswood’ Scoop: Tyler Blackburn Joins ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Spin-Off
  3. ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Shocker: Eric Dane Announces His Departure

Aimee

Posted at 11:57 PM on January 20, 2014

If Tony and Ziva had a girl together, they could name her Tova. TOny, ziVA. And it is actually a Hebrew name.

Posted at 8:48 PM on January 5, 2014

Hi, yeah this article is genuinely pleasant and I have learned lot of things from it regarding blogging.
thanks.

Carla Dolores

Posted at 8:13 PM on December 22, 2013

I felt really sad when Ziva (Cote de Pablo) left NCIS. I am still hoping that she could come back soon. Her last episode with Tony tells me a different story, that there is a reason why Ziva left her precious necklace to him…it’s still a big question mark for me, digging deeper into details, not really the end of Ziva’s character..stories can get twisted, this is just my point of view.I just hope when she comes back, she and Tony will get married and have their own baby as part of the NCIS family..anything can happen. There will never be a better replacement for Ziva as the love interest of Michael Weatherly “Tony”, The group could always get another character as a female NCIS agent, but not to replace Ziva’s character….

As for Cote de Pablo, I do respect her decisions to leave and take a break, but
I am still hoping that you can come back to the NCIS team.

janet

Posted at 5:51 AM on November 16, 2013

cote you will be missed l hope the future will be great for you, all the best from janet from Melbourne australia

Sharon

Posted at 10:31 PM on October 22, 2013

I’m sure she had a good reason, but I do wish they would bring her back even if only as a filler. They could have her and Tony dating or even marrying. I prefer her as an agent but as long as she is there, it would be better than nothing. So far I have been rather disappointed with the show. I used to think Gibbs was my favorite (or Abby), but she took over very quickly. I do wish her all the best whether illness, pregnancy, or personal. Please come back.

June

Posted at 4:56 PM on October 30, 2013

i agree i loved the show would never miss it but this last one was so boring i.m afraid its not going to be as good anymore.

Kay

Posted at 5:18 PM on October 7, 2013

Please bring her back. It will not be the same with out her. She will really be missed. Kay

mike

Posted at 6:11 PM on October 3, 2013

I hope they bring Ziva back next season after she has her baby.

James

Posted at 4:45 AM on September 25, 2013

Another thing. Stars do this all the time. I guess we should be used to it

James

Posted at 4:43 AM on September 25, 2013

You don’t want to know what I think, Very sellfish to fans . I believe it will be a career breaker for miss depalo. You don’t just up and leave a hit show

Liz Shaffett

Posted at 4:18 PM on September 23, 2013

I watched all the NCIS and will miss Ziva very much she made me laugh,strong, and glad I’m a woman. Because we can be anything we want to be in life. It doesn’t matter how old you ate I life. She really fit that part. I wish she wouldn’t leave. A great fan!

Ruth Chellew

Posted at 12:08 AM on September 8, 2013

I am extremely sorry to see Cote DePablo leave NCIS. She plays one of the dominate roles in this series, along with Mark Harmon. I am afraid it will cause people to loose interest in NCIS.

Neil Westin

Posted at 7:57 PM on August 24, 2013

There are two possible motives for what she is planning.
1. She’s pregnant. I find this to be the most logical reason.
2. She’s been diagnosed with a severe illness.

ladyd10

Posted at 2:47 AM on September 18, 2013

Neil, I have the same suspicions. Either she’s pregnant or very ill. Let’s hope a statement will come from her and soon.