Blake Jenner & Melissa Benoist Engaged: ‘Glee’ Co-Stars Set To Marry

Thu, July 11, 2013 9:05pm EST by 32 Comments
Courtesy of Twitter

Lucy

Posted at 7:16 PM on December 18, 2013

First of all y’all should definitly delete this “Move over Lea Michele and Cory Monteith, these two ‘Glee’ co-stars are going to beat you to the altar!” because it’s really offensive and plain-out horrible. You’re literally joking about how a couple that loved each other very much and was planning on getting married couldn’t because the guy DIED. So yeah. And secondly it might be quite fast, but getting engaged doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll get married straight away, so there’s that; and there’s also the fact that we don’t really know for how long there had been something going on there. Making a relationship public doesn’t mark the starting point of it, so the fact that it was made public 3 months ago isn’t very relevant.

Nick

Posted at 5:23 PM on February 22, 2014

This article was written on Thu, July 11, 2013 9:05pm ESt. That means that it was written two days before Cory’s death. THis article was no way supposed to be offensive.

ash

Posted at 6:54 PM on August 1, 2013

I think its a bit fast. They are so young why not continue dating for a while. Hollywood seems to rush to the alter and think later. I hope it works out. You never know. If they’re happy I’m happy for them.

Lea

Posted at 11:41 PM on July 31, 2013

I don’t think it’s too fast for them. I was engaged after three days of dating someone (that I’d been friends with for five years.) Crazy? Definitely. But we waited a year and a half to get married. So perhaps a bit more sensible. We’re now going on three years of marriage and we’re very happy.

I think it can work out for these two. I have a good feeling about them.

serafine24

Posted at 7:21 AM on January 9, 2014

Well you said that you was engaged for 3 days after you both dated right? But you also said you’ve known him as your friend for 5 years. So, it means you guys already know each others’ personalities so it still seems okay to just date for 3 days then got engaged. But this is different. They’ve just known each other for a couple of month then they dated, then 2/3 months later they got engaged. So this is definitely a different situation:)

KC

Posted at 11:36 PM on July 31, 2013

This is a surprise! But so happy for them! Cute couple!

Might wanna edit this article a bit though. I realize it was posted two days before but… Yeah….

Ianna

Posted at 10:44 PM on July 22, 2013

You should really change that title about beating Cory and Lea to the alter. Very poor choice in hindsight. But congrats to them, they looked better together than Jake and Marley did in my opinion.

CHINDHOO (@OuterS0u1)

Posted at 2:00 AM on November 20, 2013

I AGREE WITH THE TITLE….

CHINDHOO (@OuterS0u1)

Posted at 2:01 AM on November 20, 2013

I agree with you about the title change i mean.

Emily

Posted at 10:50 PM on July 21, 2013

I find this relationship completely random. I had no idea the two had anything going. In my opinion the couple should wait a while to get married, but really only the two of them know the right answer for their relationship. If they are really engaged then cheers to them!!!

Emma

Posted at 7:12 AM on July 14, 2013

Not a lot to laugh about given this recent news. If only it really could be about which would make it to the altar first. Such a tragedy, for such a loved man. RIP Cory, sending thoughts to Lea, his family, friends, co-stars and fans

Fernanda

Posted at 7:29 PM on July 13, 2013

they need publicity. I love them together but is too soon. I don’t want any gleek real wedding, including Monchele. The show would end in two years and none of this couple should last. Cory would back to Canada and Lea will back to Broadway or dating a hot box office movie actor.

the only couple that I wanna become real is OverCriss. hahahaha kidding, i’m obsessed with BLAM become a real couple

Cajun moon

Posted at 7:38 PM on July 13, 2013

Monchele should last and i agree with blam

froggergleek30

Posted at 8:58 PM on July 12, 2013

congrats i think its awesome

kathyG

Posted at 1:05 PM on July 12, 2013

Even if they are engaged they can still wait a while before they are married. My friends i knew were engaged after 5 months of dating but had the wedding like a year later

Bertha L. Collins (@BerthaLCollins)

Posted at 3:55 PM on July 12, 2013

like Ryan said I’m taken by surprise that anybody can earn ($)7635 in one month on the internet. have you read this site link… can99.ℂ­om

Will

Posted at 9:44 PM on July 12, 2013

LOL you have a good point, people can wait a while after an engagement but a year is typical for engagements…if it was say 3-5 years then that would be a while. Waiting a year isn’t really that long.

teddy

Posted at 12:16 PM on July 12, 2013

HELLO THRER .My friend Ted is dating with an amazing black girl now . They met through ★ blackmenkissing.com ★.A Serious interracial dating for black and white singles seeking relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more.Millions of singles have joined it. and I am eager to let more and more people kcow it. So, if you want to look for people with which you can date, you are at the right place.You can meet (lawyers,busy professionals, benefactors. models, celebrities, etc….)If you are single, perhaps you can have a try.dsf

Hallie

Posted at 11:44 AM on July 12, 2013

surprised but I wish them the best but I’d rather see Monchele get married

Jennoist

Posted at 9:40 AM on July 15, 2013

Monchele will never get to be married now… RIP Cory :'(

Claudia

Posted at 10:26 AM on July 12, 2013

Wow. That was quick. -_-

ARMI SOLIVA

Posted at 9:23 AM on July 12, 2013

it was shocking… but anyway congratulation to both of you! welcome to the real world

Pinkku

Posted at 8:56 AM on July 12, 2013

what’s the damn rush with their situation anyway… like they didn’t have time to date first and know each other better, or what?

Jennoist

Posted at 8:23 AM on July 12, 2013

Um excuse me, my parents dated for about 2 months-ish and they’re still happily together until now for about like 19 years of marriage already. How long a couple has dated does not indicate their readiness or preparedness to get married. My aunt dated his boyfriend for about 5 years but they broke up and she got married to someone whom she dated for only months. So congrats to Blake & Melissa if this is true and show them haters that you have found TRUE LOVE! :)

blah, blah.

Posted at 1:31 AM on July 12, 2013

Boring idiots.

eab

Posted at 12:00 AM on July 12, 2013

she is only in this because he is slim.
FAT AMERICANS INDEED LOOK LIKE “Losers”.

Jen

Posted at 4:45 AM on July 12, 2013

your inability to use she and he consistently shows that you’re one of the losers, loser.

Sick of skeptics

Posted at 11:24 PM on July 11, 2013

You don’t even know these people so how do you know they won’t last? My husband and I met, moved in together, got engaged and got pregnant (in that order) all within 3 months of meeting each other. No one thought we would last and they all thought we were crazy and delusional to think we could know so quickly that it was the right thing for us. Well we certainly proved them wrong. We are happily married with 3 beautiful sons and Tomorrow is our tenth anniversary. As long as they understand that marriage is serious and you have to work hard to make it work long term then they will be fine. All the best to Blake and Melissa. I hope they prove all the skeptics wrong and have a happy and wonderful life together.

crazy

Posted at 11:11 PM on July 11, 2013

That was super fast, he broke up with his long time girlfriend recently and is with Melissa for about five months and they are already getting married. It is crazy

Cajun moon

Posted at 9:07 PM on July 11, 2013

What wait what how long we’re they together

GUEST

Posted at 9:13 PM on July 11, 2013

Not long enough if they are getting married.

Will

Posted at 9:47 PM on July 12, 2013

Well I dunno about that, my parents were married within 10 months of meeting each other and they’re together still after 33 years and still going strong. My family doctor met her husband and married him a week later and again still happily married after many years. Sometimes the heart just knows :)