Dustin Hoffman Gets Emotional Talking About ‘Tootsie’

Wed, July 10, 2013 7:38am EDT by 9 Comments
Dustin Hoffman Tootsie Interview
Courtesy of YouTube

A video of Dustin Hoffman has gone viral! The legendary actor took part in a 2012 interview and cried while talking about taking on the role of Michael Dorsey in ‘Tootsie.’ Keep reading and watch the video!

Tootsie may have been released over thirty years ago, but memories of making the film turned Dustin Hoffman into a crying mess during a 2012 interview.

Dustin Hoffman ‘Tootsie’ Interview — Actor Cries In AFI Video

In the 1982 film, Dustin plays Michael Dorsey, an actor struggling to find a job. However, he dresses as a woman and lands a female lead on a soap opera.

In a 2012 interview with AFI, Dustin talks about going to the studio and asking for make-up tests so he could see if he could walk through NYC dressed as a woman and not get strange stares.

“When we got to that point and looked at it on screen, I was shocked that I wasn’t more attractive. I said, ‘Now you have me looking like a woman, now make me a beautiful woman.’ Because I thought I should be beautiful. … And they said to me, ‘That’s as good as it gets,'” Dustin says in the video.

Then, Dustin starts to cry while discussing the standards of female beauty. Watch the video below!

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Are you a fan of Tootsie?

WATCH: Dustin Hoffman On ‘TOOTSIE’ & His Character Dorothy Michaels

— Chris Rogers

More Movie News:

1. Julianne Moore: Bold New Blonde Hair For Robert Pattinson Movie
  2. ‘Maze Runner’: Why We’re Excited For Dylan O’Brien’s New Sci-Fi Movie
  3. Kristen Stewart Returns To LA To Start Work On Her Sexy New Movie

Debbie Niemeyer

Posted at 12:01 PM on July 10, 2013

Gag me. How stupid for someone to say condescending things about women that we ALREEAAADDDY KNOW A– BOUT, you moron (DH). Yes men, even unattractive ones like Dustin H, think skinny women, with mousey faces are HOT. Which I think ARE NOT. True, men are brain washed into thinking gnarly looking, under developed, skinny women are the cat’s meow. Idiots….but you don’t have to be brain washed….just a little extra stupid and retarded. Sniffle sniffle!

Beau

Posted at 12:34 PM on July 10, 2013

But he has now become aware of his own flaw and for that there is hope that others will become more of the beauty within. We are not those airbrushed creatures that have been foisted off on them. We are real, human, and diverse in all appearances, but still beautiful and intelligent.

He has been affected. Maybe all men should spend a few hours in a makeup artist chair to see what kind of woman ‘they’ would be.

Eddie T. Head

Posted at 12:03 PM on July 11, 2013

Yes men are all so shallow. I suppose women have no standards or qualities they look for in a man do they. Women are rushing to marry nice homeless guys and unemployed losers in droves. Women are such hypocrites. Women discriminate even more than we men do. So I am supposed to date ugly, obese women? Hell no! Why must men be expected to have no standards whatsever? Women are constantly whining about something or another. Dustin’s comments are just plain stupid. Ugly guys go through exactly the same thing, this is not unique to women. Dustin is an idiot. I have not read such crap in a hello of a long time.

bokiluis

Posted at 9:26 AM on July 10, 2013

I understand. I so often wish I wasn’t so invested in physical presence.

arin9med9

Posted at 8:07 AM on July 10, 2013

I think it was tears of happiness.

arin9med9

Posted at 7:47 AM on July 10, 2013

Reblogged this on arin9med9's Blog and commented:
And why do you think he cried apart from his opinion?

Beau

Posted at 9:47 AM on July 10, 2013

Because he saw where he failed in his life; the opportunities to meet other intelligent women.

arin9med9

Posted at 7:42 AM on July 12, 2013

oh really? i just think it was tears of happiness

Beau

Posted at 8:45 AM on July 12, 2013

Tears of happiness about what? IMHO, they were tears of shame accompanying the cleansing of confession.