Boyfriend Scares Sleeping Girlfriend With ‘The Ring’ Puppet — Watch

Tue, July 9, 2013 6:35pm EDT by 8 Comments
The Ring Prank Video
Courtesy of YouTube

Just like ‘The Ring,’ you’re going to want to watch this video and pass it along to your friends!

It’s a little late for an April Fool’s joke — or early, depending on which calendar you’re looking at — but that didn’t stop one guy from pulling an epic prank on his sleeping girlfriend, taping the incident and posting it online. Naturally, as most incredible videos do, the stunt went viral.

Here’s your debriefing: The boyfriend, James Williams, created a puppet replica of Samara from The Ring – you know, that creepy little girl who crawls out of the well and murders her victims with a single glance — and hooked it up to a TV in the room where his girlfriend was taking a little nap.

The Aftermath

Needless to say, James’ girlfriend experienced a range of emotions; first she was terrified, then relieved, then pissed. Here’s James’ retelling of her reaction, which he posted below the video on YouTube:

I had to stop her running out the house. She said “my legs went like jelly, I couldn’t really think what was happening but all I knew was that thing just kept coming at me”. At the end you see her looking over at it. She was asking. “What is it? What is it?”. I like the fact torch stayed standing up right the entire time. Even with all the kicking lol. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a mouth open so wide screaming.

But here’s my question: How did this girl not break up with him?!

WATCH: The Ring Style Wake Up Prank

— Andy Swift

More Pranks:

1. Justin Bieber Attacked By Fans After Cruel April Fool’s Day Prank
  2. Australian Radio Station Cancels Show After Kate Middleton Prank
  3. Robert Pattinson Tricked Kristen Stewart With Lie Detector Prank — Report

trippy

Posted at 9:40 AM on October 6, 2013

She obviously has extremely low self esteem to forgive this guy on the spot and he gets away with just owing her a hug. If that were me I would put him in the hospital.

Manda

Posted at 8:52 PM on October 7, 2013

You’re stupid. You know nothing of “the grand scheme of things”.

Trippy

Posted at 8:45 AM on November 5, 2013

In the grand scheme of things she has low self esteem. And is incredibly stupid for staying with him.

lee

Posted at 11:18 PM on July 10, 2013

Lame….and I hate a screamer. That said, he’s lucky she didn’t hurt him.

Kerry Hitch (@KerryHitch16)

Posted at 1:04 AM on July 10, 2013

uptil I saw the receipt which was of $5854, I have faith …that…my mother in law woz realie earning money in there spare time on there computar.. there brothers friend had bean doing this for only 20 months and just repayed the loans on their house and purchased a new Honda. I went here, ————-> Rich6(dot)com

Melissa

Posted at 10:50 PM on July 9, 2013

This is so funny! I would hate my boyfriend if he did this, but then I’d laugh about it! Good job, man!

j