‘Bachelorette': Desiree Hartsock Should Get Engaged To Chris Siegfried

Tue, July 9, 2013 12:10pm EDT by 19 Comments
Chris Siegfried Winner The Bachelorette
Courtesy ABC

Abby

Posted at 4:35 PM on August 6, 2013

I am so glad Desiree chose Chris and so glad that Juan Pablo is the bachelor!

Daysi

Posted at 10:09 PM on August 5, 2013

SHE CHOSE CHRIS! :D

Victoria geissler

Posted at 8:55 PM on July 29, 2013

Where is my original comment would like to see it viewed?

Victoria geissler

Posted at 9:13 PM on July 29, 2013

Being married for 46 years an together for fifty I know that love is where the heart lies, not in how cut the person is. When I look at my husband I see the person I first looked into his eyes and knew how blessed I was that he was in love with me .He aways says when he saw me He knew i was the person he wanted to marry. I have no regrets only grateful and blessed to have him in my life. Brooks is not the one!!!

lauren e.

Posted at 3:58 AM on July 18, 2013

I think Brooks would be so relieved to be voted off the island — he’s only there for his 15 minutes – not for marriage. He’s still an adolescent and confused – head’s in the clouds not just on Cloud Nine. He makes me sick —- his brothers said, “Can she hang with you??” LIke, what does that involve — is there some art to hanging around this jerk? She’s too mature for him —please, no!

lauren e.

Posted at 3:40 AM on July 18, 2013

It’s: “He’s 27 years old (no hyphens).” Only use hyphens when used as a noun i.e. He’s a 27-year-old male or he’s a 27-year-old. Just an editing suggestion if you’re interested.

Yes, Chris is the one for her and I hope that she’s only playing to the audience to add Brooks to the equation. I lived in Salt Lake City for 15 years and also graduated from U of U – and know his type all too well. He sells gym memberships – it’s a job – but, you know those types. He’s not highly motivated for achievement – still in the adolescent stage. My impression: He signed up for the show as many do – Hollywood aspirations – not to find a wife. I think he’s getting cold feet and doesn’t know how to respond to her interest in him – don’t think it was part of his plan. Like when a dog chases a car – then catches the car – and doesn’t know what to do with it. He’s immature and confused about what to do in the situation – his head seems to be in the clouds He’s not interesting – not do I think interested in marriage at this point. He’s award in conversation – has nothing of depth to contribute – not a man, yet. On the other hand, Chris is the total package and he adores Des. His family is kind of weird – typical of Oregon – lived there too for 18 months – and near McMinnville. Oregon’s motto is “Keep Oregon Weird.” Chris is well adjusted and perfect for her. I hope it’s her pick or I’ll be really upset – the thought of Brooks or even Drew is nauseating.

lauren e.

Posted at 3:48 AM on July 18, 2013

Correction: meant to write, “He’s not interesting – nor do I think interested…
and, “He’s awkward in conversation….”

Sasha

Posted at 11:07 PM on July 24, 2013

Brooks works for a marketing company as a sales rep so you are wrong…oh and I know quite a few Laurens and they are all total sluts…so I guess you are a total slut as well? If we are going to generalize that way….

sadie dudley.

Posted at 11:04 PM on July 10, 2013

i love Drew better he’s more cuter then other boy’s on the show;) just ask him. to be his wife;

Mike

Posted at 9:05 AM on July 10, 2013

And once more the viewing audience is the victim of a lie by the show’s producers. (1) The first whopper happened when the season was just starting, when Desiree was advertised as being “a devout born-again Christian with strong religious convictions and high moral standards.” Each successive episode has provided more evidence to show this was a lot of hooey … with Munich and Barcelona putting the icing on the cake. (2) Now the Portugal episode … after all the ads preparing the audience for maximum drama and Desiree tears, absolutely nothing happened. It was the most boring episode of the season. The show’s production staff is just about out of integrity … almost to the point of having to cancel the show entirely. Indeed, this is one season where they should just call the whole thing off, cut their losses, and let everyone go home … ALONE!

One more point: No grown man is going to develop deep feelings for a female who is still actively playing Backseat Bingo with multiple other men. And a committed relationship with said female is absolutely out of the question. And no grown mature woman is going to fall in (true) love with multiple men at the same time. Desiree is 27 going on 16. She is in love with love.

Lee

Posted at 12:33 PM on July 10, 2013

Well said, Mike! Totally agree with your analysis of Des.

I’ve watch the first 15 minutes of each episode and I switch channel instantly. Why? I find Des so boring, immature and no depth in her. She is not smart enough to engage in an intelligent conversation with the men. Besides, in my opinion, she is not the best catch in the world – she is nice and pretty, but not “deep” enough for any man to be interested in her – they’ll get bored with her very SOON.

And Des being advertised as a “devout-born again” Christian contradicts her in this show. I would rather hear a man/woman saying he/she believes in God and has a strong faith, than say “devout” and “born again” when their actions is the exact opposite of what they claim to be. HYPOCRITES!!

KC

Posted at 2:45 PM on July 10, 2013

You can fall in love with 2 at once, I think. I’ve never loved two people at once, but I’d had crushes. I think with how intense this experience is, she could fall in love with two people.

Dee

Posted at 5:09 PM on July 9, 2013

I am disgusted after this last rose ceremony.. I loved Michael. He was such a sweetheart and she got rid of him for ZAK? Michael was crazy for her and wanted a family with her. Chris was my 2nd pick. However I know who she ends up with and all I will say is it will NEVER last. It’s not even over yet and she screwed up.. I have no idea what she likes about the one she chose. just another failed batchelorette show.

KC

Posted at 2:48 PM on July 10, 2013

Michael was pretty awesome. I still think she should pick Chris, but Michael would be a good next Bachelor! He’s interesting, he’s a little confrontational, and he doesn’t look like he’d be easily fooled by the primadonna catty girls. I think it’d be great to see him!

I don’t think Zak is all that attractive. I like Chris best, then Michael.

Sonja

Posted at 4:45 PM on July 9, 2013

Brooks is not gay. He shows sensitivity, caution, is genteel, quiet spoken and not confrontational, all excellent characteristics in a man! Everyone has different pain levels, how dare anyone question the pain he felt with broken finger (I have a 6’4″, 20 lb. male relative who is horrid with pain and blood!) Remember too, that Brooks had only brothers for the man figure during his impressive years, and a mom with lots of sisters looking after him. To say that Brooks is gay is an injustice to Desiree as well as Brooks. You should watch Roseann reruns instead of the Bachelorette~!

dcl

Posted at 4:04 PM on July 9, 2013

Do you know how to spell? It’s Angle, not Angel (they have wings).. I hate seeing bloggers who cannot even spell things correctly…spell check only does so much….it’s called proofreading!

eab

Posted at 1:02 PM on July 9, 2013

if she does she will regret this the rest of her life………

Sarah

Posted at 8:41 PM on July 11, 2013

how could she be in love Brooks. If she chooses, it might not last. All three men have expressed how they felt about her. Drew told her in Monday’s episode, Zak in his art and gifts, Chris in his poetry, but Brooks does not. Even Michael expressed his commitment to her. Desiree did say in first few episodes, she wanted a guy who can express how he feels and she said, in her last relationship she was the one to say ‘I love you’ to the guy. She needs to open her eyes and seriously reconsider choosing Brooks.

Victoria geissler

Posted at 8:48 PM on July 29, 2013

I know with all my heart either Drew or Chris would definitely be a better match .My opinion Drew I haven’t been married for 46 years and dated 4 years that’s 50 years and not recognize true love!!!!