Oklahoma City basketball player Kevin Durant asked WNBA star, Monica Wright, to marry him on July 6. We’re so thrilled, but who exactly is Monica? We have all the answers!
After months of dating, Kevin Durant and Monica Wright are officially engaged! The 24-year-old NBA player asked for Monica’s hand in marriage on July 6, according to a new report. Of course, we wanted to know more about Monica, so keep reading to see what we discovered!
Monica Wright — 5 Things To Know About Kevin Duran’ts Fiancee
Monica, also 24, recently showed off her engagement ring in a picture obtained by Media Takeout, confirming that she and Kevin got engaged. Immediately, we wanted to know more about her, so here are five things you should know about Monica Wright:
1. Monica is a professional basketball player for the Minnesota Lynx of the WNBA.
2. In high school, she averaged 22.6 points, 9.0 rebounds, 6.8 assists and 4.0 steals per basketball game.
3. Kevin and Monica met at the 2006 McDonald’s All-American high school all-star showcases in San Diego, and have remained tight since.
4. Monica, a 5-foot-11 guard, was the second overall pick in the 2010 WNBA draft. She is averaging 9.0 points, 3.6 rebounds and 2.5 assists a game for the Lynx this season.
5. Monica has the same name as a character in the 2000 film Love & Basketball. In 2011 Kevin tweeted, “Or maybe I need a basketball playing girlfriend…hmm lol…monica wright where r u(love and basketball.” At the time, many though he was referring to the film’s character, but now it seems likely that he was hinting at his relationship with Monica.
It sounds like Kevin found an amazingly talented woman. It’s a good thing he put a ring on it! Plus, their future children are going to be insane basketball players.
Congrats, Kevin and Monica!
— Chris Rogers
More Celebrity Engagements:
- ‘Vampire Diaries’ Star Candice Accola Is Engaged — Congratulations
- Seth Meyers & Alexi Ashe Are Engaged
- Brooke Hogan Engaged To Dallas Cowboys Center Phil Costa