‘True Blood’ Recap: Sookie Discovers Ben’s Dark Secret

Sun, July 7, 2013 10:00pm EDT by 15 Comments
True Blood Ben Warlow
Courtesy of HBO (2)

fluttereyes

Posted at 1:07 PM on July 24, 2013

Oh and the whole werewolf, shifter thing is past its sell by date. Too much of it now.

fluttereyes

Posted at 1:06 PM on July 24, 2013

Don’t get why people didn’t see Ben was Warlow from the minute she found him on the ground. I want a warlow if there’s one going spare please

bokiluis

Posted at 11:46 PM on July 17, 2013

Great acting from Anna and Stephen. I would imagine its a lot more challenging and fun to have their “True Blood” relationship in a questionable state when they are a happily married couple in real life. But what do I know……

Luz

Posted at 5:34 PM on July 9, 2013

Was Alcide ever interesting? For me, he was just an excuse for showing some skin. I hate when he showed up in S3 and still do.

It was a great episode! I’m really lookinf forward to the next episode.

zyggie

Posted at 3:04 PM on July 9, 2013

The question now is …Is HE the real enemy?

Sunset

Posted at 12:37 PM on July 9, 2013

The scene between Jason and Ben was insanely hot and excellently portrayed. It may be difficult to imagine Sookie with the supe that killed her parents but I hope they find some way to keep Rob Kazinsky as a series regular for his acting skill as much as his abs!

Mrs. wright

Posted at 2:01 PM on July 8, 2013

This show needs to get back to more hot and steamy sex scenes. Even if they are a dream sequence…bring on the sex!

Jessica

Posted at 1:29 AM on July 8, 2013

Loved this episode! Seriously, just when I thought I had the rest of the season figured out, this episode happened! I was somewhat starting to like Ben (the lack of romance was starting to bother me, it seems haha) and I’m kinda sad that he turned out to be Warlow. I thought he was going to be the one to STOP Warlow (though, somewhere deep down, I really wanted Eric or Bill to save her).
But Jess’s final scene…it tore me to pieces. I honestly don’t know if I’ll be able to watch Andy walk in next week…it’s going to crush him. Her comment about serving the devil though? Should be interesting.
Not so in love with the power-tripping werewolves and Sam’s little side-story. I mean Luna died, what, a week ago? and her orphaned daughter is sleeping in the other room. Quit taking advantage of emotionally-traumatized peace-core workers.
Cannot wait until next week though!!

bokiluis

Posted at 9:49 AM on July 8, 2013

Jessica,
I loved this episode also. I guess I am not one of the more intelligent members of the “True Blood” viewer tribe because though the Jason/Ben shaving dream gave me cause to pause…I didn’t begin the Ben/Warlow connection until the episode began. I did suspect midway but not like before this week’s grand episode. I dunno what to make of Bill. I miss the humanistic Bill however, and that character seeds.
I love this series more than ever though….and the thought that we may be getting down to its final seasons…breaks my heart.

Jessica

Posted at 2:35 PM on July 8, 2013

Well I think my hold up was the fact that I saw on True Blood’s Facebook page before the season started that Ben was supposed to be Sookie’s new lover, and I figured that there was no way she would ever fall in love with Warlow. He’s supposed to kill her. He’s supposed to be feared. But according to an interview with his actor that I read after the episode last night, Warlow’s character is going to turn out fairly interesting, and he is genuinely in love with Sookie. So, we’ll see, I suppose.

asfandancer

Posted at 11:52 PM on July 7, 2013

Not so much cleaver fans more so a predictable a show. In my eyes Alcide has never been interesting.

bokiluis

Posted at 10:35 PM on July 7, 2013

Oh my goodness, this new episode was like a finale with sooo many things happening. I knew something was weird about that shaving dream Jason had, but, I didn’t make that big of a leap. Poor Sgt. Andy Bellefleur, he’s going to be heartbroken, but, possibly even more motivated. I am glad to see Sooki’s discovery, but, which way will it go? They built up Ben’s debut on the show that I couldn’t imagine the speed with which this storyline is developing. Do I hate Bill now? I dunno. Do I hate Eric? I dunno. What an exciting episode. Its like an unbelievable night of sex that is hard to imagine you can ever top again! Bravo “True Blood”! Both “Mad Men” and “True Blood” continues to reinforce why they make my Sunday evenings so darn…..hot!!!

Jess

Posted at 10:10 PM on July 7, 2013

On the bright side, Warlow has finally proven that all roads DO lead to f*cking Sookie. Pam can feel finally feel validated.

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:25 PM on July 7, 2013

Brilliant.

Jess

Posted at 10:06 PM on July 7, 2013

To be fair, technically Jessica did get them to stay.