Taylor Lautner Shows Major PDA With Sexy Brunette On 4th Of July

Sun, July 7, 2013 4:19pm EDT by 124 Comments
Taylor Lautner Date
SplashNews, FameFlynet

Posted at 1:47 PM on July 12, 2013

@taylor – yes it’s his life, but how he conducts it determines if he has a career, as well as his work.
That’s the nature of the profession he chose. I also think he and his team decided he desperately needed to shake the teen heartthrob image born from Twilight if he wants to go forward. Hence the facial hair; it makes him looker older. Dating different young ladies gives him an adult image too. No more pairing him off with girls that are still popular with teens (Swift & Gomez); that keeps him with that crowd. Dating the high school sweetheart (Hicks) feeds into a teen girl’s fantasy that Taylor would date a “regular” girl; i.e., they have a shot at him. Again, it ties him with that crowd. He went off track and dated Hollywood royalty (Collins). She was the longest lasting; she was 2-3 years older, and has no teenybopper cred, but a reported snob. Maika may or may not still be with him, but Taylor likes to hit the clubs like that Tumblr pic indicates. Maika is under the US legal drinking age so she can’t go with him. Apparently he’s not refusing to go to clubs in order to wait a year or two until she is old enough. Marie is 27; getting involved with a woman that is three years shy of 30, if true, really adds to the maturity. Taylor is changing his image in his professional life and in all likelihood his personal life.

taylor

Posted at 12:38 PM on July 12, 2013

it is his own life after all, but as long as there no scandal about him and drugs, then it’s good.

taylor

Posted at 11:18 AM on July 12, 2013

@mist: I agree with you. I do not like the *new Taylor* image. But maybe the reason to him not being in a serious relationship right now has something to do with his previous relationships, and his dating record. Maybe he don’t want to be *heart broken* again. But it really amazed me that he didn’t drink in his 21 birthday.

Posted at 12:17 PM on July 12, 2013

@Taylor-I don’t think he was quite ready to drink on his bday, plus he was with a lot of people who did drink and was probably being cautious. He is def throwing it all to the wind now.

Taylor

Posted at 10:58 AM on July 12, 2013

I just saw the interview right now. Thank you so much @misti. When Taylor said *I’m sure the tabloids have me with a few different people* He looked like he disagree with all the rumors. I don’t know but he was almost chuckling when he said that, so I do think he is well aware of all the rumors about him, and maybe all of them are not true? But it’s great that he finally said something about his dating life (though it wasn’t that much, but still) Is it just me or did he grew up much? cause he looked a little older with the beard and everything

Posted at 11:06 AM on July 12, 2013

@Taylor-welcome! It looks like since he turned 21 in Feb he just took on a whole different image. I know he has to have the facial hair for this movie he’s working on, but openly PDA’ing with girls and then saying there’s “nobody serious” kinda makes him look like another HW playa, not good to me, IMO.

taylor

Posted at 10:18 AM on July 12, 2013

@ misti: If you don’t mind me asking. Where did you find this interview? I checked on YouTube, but didn’t find anything. What I understood from what he said, was that he’s single, right?

Posted at 10:36 AM on July 12, 2013

@aquarius-it was posted on E!online. He basically said he was which is like a denial, IMO, of any relationship with either Maika or Marie (or whoever he was all over in that club).

Posted at 1:33 AM on July 12, 2013

Just heard him doing an interview at the premier and he stated “nobody seriously at the moment” when asked who he was dating. Said he wanted to “focus on the work right now”. Also said “I’m sure the tabloids have me with a few different people”. Ya think! Pics are proof dude. Just came back to post an update.

Posted at 7:28 AM on July 12, 2013

@misti – hi again. You think his answer was damage control? Like I said in my last comment, I’m glad he dealt with it. This means two things: he broke up with Maika or he’s keeping it light with her and she’s seeing other guys. If the latter I hope she knew that going in.

Posted at 10:01 AM on July 12, 2013

@aquarius-hello! I hope he made that clear with her too before he left, maybe when he first took her out. I think he likes the attention though or he wouldn’t be so apt to show the PDA all of the sudden since he turned 21. His answer was kinda “off” though.

cara

Posted at 6:38 PM on July 11, 2013

@aquarius The problem is you are literally the only person I ever see imagining all this PR controversy for him. That you can even compare this nothing to Kristen’s scandal shows how biased you are. He could be seen making out with any random girl tonight and the reaction would not be “OMG, what a cheating dog!” It would be a shrug and a “Oh, that must be his new girlfriend.” Because Taylor is NOT in an established relationship so far as anyone knows. YOU are the only one imagining all this drama and bad PR.

If anything is going to hurt his image and career, it’s not going to be possibly making out with some random co-star. It’s going to be the fact that his movies are getting terrible reviews, Tracers sounds awful, and he has nothing else lined up.

Posted at 8:18 PM on July 11, 2013

@cara – This is my opinion and I am free to express it, despite what you think. We do agree on one point – bad movie reviews and low office will hurt Taylor’s career; but actions that go against a put up image can hurt too. Another makeout can be interpreted by others as “manwhore”.

Lulu

Posted at 1:46 AM on July 12, 2013

Cara, I totally agree with you. If you want check above what I said about him and Maika and the interview in the GU2 premiere.
And I agree that what he must be concerned now is his career because tracers doesn’t sound good and there are a lot of people making fun of it (in a not good way) based on the plot.
If we and other fans are concerned about his love life is not important, what matters is that the huge audience needs to go see tracers, so it will not fail like abduction, but it does not look like people like it so far.

taylor

Posted at 3:58 PM on July 11, 2013

I’ve noticed that Taylor never comment any of the stories written about him. Maybe because he likes to keep private, but still. I agree that he would seem like a Cheater by not denying this kind of stories, or even defending himself. So for us, it looks like he’s together with Maika, but hooking up with another girl. BUT we absolutely don’t know what’s going on between them, or even if they are still dating. So we just guessing.

Posted at 4:16 PM on July 11, 2013

True and I guess we’ll just have to see what the coming weeks/months bring. I think this story has all but tapped itself out and so I am done here. We can’t all agree on the same thing, but we should all be able to come to these sites and voice our opinions, respectively of course.

Posted at 4:43 PM on July 11, 2013

OK, misti. Nice chatting with you. See you on the next story. They’ve been putting the movie plot out with the film footage. Curious to see if they put out shooting the bedroom scenes, since he’s supposed to be seduce here. Any calls on nudity?

Posted at 5:10 PM on July 11, 2013

@aquarius-1 more for the road. I will keep tabs on the footage they put out and comments as well. As far as nudity goes for him, I think it’s just a matter of time, but I do see him doing it eventually unless he finds a good woman and settles with her. He might not feel comfortable doing it after that. See ya next story :)

Posted at 4:36 PM on July 11, 2013

@taylor – that’s true we’re guessing. But if you let a charge go unanswered too long, or handle it poorly, the negative perception sticks and no statements later on will erase it. Kristen Stewart is still regarded as a trampire one year and a breakup later. Her career is still in question. Taylor’s career had a setback with Abduction, he got a Razzie Award for BD2, and GU2 is getting trashed by the critics. Rotten Tomatoes gave GU2 4% on the TomatoMeter. Even the Twilight movies got an occasional good review. Taylor doesn’t need a self-inflicted scandal, which this has the potential of becoming if not handled right.

Posted at 2:07 PM on July 11, 2013

@taylor & @cara – you’re not seeing the point. Taylor and his team are letting people think he has a gf or letting the press write he maybe cheating, thus running counter to the image they put out about him over the years. And I mentioned you can’t tell who the groping girl is in the Tumblr pic, but it still looks shady. @cara – I guess you think because Maika and Marie are not big names in their own right Taylor should be allowed to dog and disrespect them? Had this have been Taylor Swift or Selena Gomez in this scenario there would be calls for Taylor’s head. I strongly doubt you would be so charitable to him if you were dating him and you see a picture of another female feeling him up on the Internet. No female, no matter what their pecking order in HW, or outside it, should not let a guy treat her like crap. And it doesn’t matter how long you were with the guy, it’s a matter of respect.

cara

Posted at 2:52 PM on July 11, 2013

My point is there’s no proof that he’s “dogging” either of them. Maika and Taylor literally haven’t been seen together in weeks and before that they were seen together only a couple times. I don’t think most people think Taylor HAS a girlfriend to cheat on. So everyone thinking he needs to release some statement saying he broke up with a girlfriend no one knew he had and that he wasn’t cheating in the pic that no one has even seen, would be the very definition of thirsty. He’d be mocked for thinking anyone cared. Maybe in your little insulated world, this is a big gossip story, but out in the actual gossip world, no one is talking about this and he’s not getting any negative press over it.

Posted at 4:05 PM on July 11, 2013

@cara – ok, fine. Think what you like. Apparently I am talking to a shipper who thinks Taylor is perfect and can never do anything wrong. The guy is still acting like a dog IMO. I can see if this is confirmed you will take it as bad as the Twihards did when Kristen was caught in the Mini-Cooper with a married man.

Taylor

Posted at 1:42 PM on July 11, 2013

just because he has been seen with a girl, does not makes her his girlfriend. And for the very first time in public, he was holding hands with a girl. And this girl happens to be Maika, so. And I do agree with @cara that there is no evidence that the girl here is Marie, or if the story is even true. I can’t say for sure, cause I never analyze Taylor lautner’s behavior, or any other celebrity for that matter.

cara

Posted at 1:26 PM on July 11, 2013

@aquarius I make of the Maika stuff that it was back in May. If they were dating it doesn’t appear it was ever serious when they were spotted together like twice, and only once that the general public even knows about. You’re acting like she was his long time girlfriend that everyone knew about. She wasn’t. She’s a nobody he was seen with at a baseball game back in May. The tabs won’t pick this up because no one cares. If he and Marie are seeing each other, it’ll just look like he was dating one girl, then started dating another 6 weeks later. There’s nothing scandalous about this. If he was dating Ashley Benson and they were papped all over town for months, then a week after their last photo op he was suddenly seen with Victoria Justice, THAT might get picked up by the tabs. But what story are you expecting “Taylor might be cheating on this girl you’ve never heard of and didn’t know was his girlfriend with this OTHER girl you don’t know”?

Posted at 12:53 PM on July 11, 2013

@misti – that’s how Taylor came up: the all-American boy a teenage girl’s parents would approve of her dating. There’s nothing wrong with him dating different girls, the apparent overlaps are what’s bad. Unless it’s understood from the get go they are not exclusive an image is tarnished.

Posted at 1:01 PM on July 11, 2013

True, and there was never any denial or confirmation by eithers reps. Does make him look like a cheater and/or player.

Posted at 11:15 AM on July 11, 2013

@? – The only interview so far is the one at the NYC GU2 premiere, talking about the movie & working with Sandler & co. (GU2 reviews are coming are in; and they’re not good.) and @misti – the true nature of the Taylor/Maika relationship should have been clarified before images were dinged up. By not commenting when asked Taylor looks like a cheater now. He’s been accused before but now there’s a picture out there that supports that perception. Because Maika has been with Taylor for a short period of time she looks like a meaningless jump off. If she and her team were hoping to get good press and a high profile for being connected with Taylor they can forget it. From here on out the press will dismiss her as Zac Efron’s AND Taylor Lautner’s conquest. (She’s already been described as Taylor’s notch on the bedpost.) Her work will take a backseat to the fact she was (is) a fling for two well-known Hollywood hunks. Of course her team will try to clean it up and make her look like a sought-after female but if you can’t keep them for very long you were a piece.

Posted at 11:44 AM on July 11, 2013

I do believe Maika is trying to put herself out there and doing it all wrong. Serial dating the Hollywood hotties is not a good start. It will only get her bad press and meaningless roles. Taylor is on his way down that road right now. I’m sure all their reps are sitting back trying to figure out how or if to comment at all on his behavior as well as all the ladies he is starting to be seen with showing the PDA.

cara

Posted at 11:48 AM on July 11, 2013

I think you’re making way too much out of this. No one was even sure if he and Maika were together. Imagining this will be some kind of scandal because he MAY have been seen with 2 no-name girls within 2 months is giving Taylor’s love life too much importance. As far as the public is concerned, he’s single. The only ones who have any clues about his romantic life are obsessive fans. And even they don’t have any proof that he and Maika have spent any time together in the past month OR if the girl in the pic is even Marie. There is no scandal here.

Posted at 12:38 PM on July 11, 2013

That is your opinion and I respect it, however, this is a guy who was once on top of his game on the big screen and in peoples hearts because of his good nature. He was with Maika showing PDA’s and within a few weeks someone else, even more explicitly in public. His career has tanked since Twilight and if he want s to keep a decent fan base, this behavior won’t fare well. This is simply because he was blown up as the well-mannered religious man with morals and values. Girl hopping suddenly for PR or sexual reasons will only keep him on the downslide. Note: This is only IMO

Posted at 12:39 PM on July 11, 2013

@cara – what do you call the Dodgers’ pic where they were holding hands – a PR stunt? And also a reported date night with Taylor’s friend Edi? The press ran with this and said this looks like his gf or it is his gf. A simple statement from either one of their reps saying no they’re not dating would have shut that down. Again, without clarification and a Tumblr pic with a girl putting her hand on Taylor’s thigh it looks like he’s cheating. If it’s over with Maika before he got to this girl in club (can’t tell if it’s Marie) say so. Otherwise Taylor comes off like a dog. BTW – the other sites that have ran this have not pulled the story.

?

Posted at 9:28 AM on July 11, 2013

I actually saw it before, and if you ask me, they did look like they were more than friends. Not just the way she had her hand on his tight. But the way they were facing each other. So I totally think his relationship wiih maika is already over. Is there any new interviews of him? Since he was in the premiere of the grown ups 2.

?

Posted at 8:46 AM on July 11, 2013

I would like this story to be true. Not because of cheating or anything, but in my oppinion Marie looks so much better with Taylor than Maike. I don’t know why, but I don’t find him looking great with blonde girls. Not to be mean or insult anyone.

Posted at 9:02 AM on July 11, 2013

@? – go to Tumblr & judge for yourself about the picture I mentioned.

Posted at 11:47 PM on July 10, 2013

Taylor was at the premiere of GU2 tonight. Looks like he came solo.

Posted at 12:32 AM on July 11, 2013

Interesting. Guess we’ll see what happens next. Thx 4 the update!

Posted at 7:37 AM on July 11, 2013

@misti – According to a web article Taylor is filming Tracers in NJ for the rest of the week.

Side note: Someone on this thread said there’s a pic of him at the club. Found it on Tumblr. He’s sitting with a brunette (can’t see her face) and her hand is on his thigh. Whoever she is, she’s being a little too familiar with a guy who allegedly has a gf. Plus the pic has a caption over it: ”R.I.P MAIKA”. (That’s harsh.) Perhaps that’s why there is no statement: Taylor may know he was busted on social media and he can’t deny it; addressing it gives the story more press time. If I can find it, dollar bet Maika and her team can, if they haven’t already. (Surprise the tabloids haven’t gotten a hold of it.) Why guys – and girls – do their dirt out in the open in this day and age is beyond me. Current technology makes it too easy to get caught.

Posted at 9:02 AM on July 11, 2013

@aquarius-I saw that pic and at first thought maybe it was just from a scene in the movie but learned later it wasn’t. It’s almost as if he knows he’ll get snapped and really doesn’t care. Even if he kissed off Maika before he left, it still tarnishes his rep as a good guy. Thinkin’ he learned a little sumpin’ from Tswift?

taylor

Posted at 6:48 PM on July 9, 2013

really? is the premiere tonight? I doubt Taylor Lautner would have a date, but it should be interesting if he does. Cause if the date is Maika, then I think it’s safe to say he cares about her.

Posted at 8:27 PM on July 9, 2013

If he goes, and he should, because the press keep mentioning him in the movie, then he should go alone. If he takes Maika, then he looks like a dirtbag since he was just in a bar all over another girl.

Posted at 6:09 PM on July 9, 2013

Slightly off topic – GU2 has its premiere tonight in NYC. Taylor will most likely be there. Interesting to see if a reporter brings up Maika or Marie. In light of this story if he praises Maika it looks like damage control. If this story didn’t come out and there’s the “no comment” then it’s chalked up as private about his love life.

taylor

Posted at 5:00 PM on July 9, 2013

It seems so, but it’s kind of sad. Cause I thought he was the only decent guy in hollywood, not that I’m a fan of anyone or anything. But we just have to wait and see what happens. Guys usually grow up and get more mature when they are older. It seems like the opposite when it came to Taylor. Maybe he is just starting his teenager days. It’s kinda funny if you think about it that way. But I still think he is way better than many other celebrities in his age.

Posted at 5:06 PM on July 9, 2013

I have to admit I was smitten with him as well early on too. He was brought up well mannered and very decent but the Hollywood scene can change anyone, if they let it. Just wish his dad would back off and/or make better decisions with him, not for him.

Posted at 4:54 PM on July 9, 2013

@misti – Taylor is going to have a tough time with his action cred. Some location shots while filming Tracers show Taylor walking around with some guy following him with an umbrella over Taylor’s head. Way to sell a macho image for action movies.

Posted at 4:56 PM on July 9, 2013

I noticed that too! Couldn’t stop laughing because he looked like a prima donna, kinda.

taylor

Posted at 3:37 PM on July 9, 2013

It’s actually a little ironic, because they always say he is a gentleman and sweet, even Lilly said that. But I thought he and Sara were just friends hanging out. And I think she is so much better with him, than any Hollywood girl he dated. But i like the way he handled himself in the media, and with the fans. He’s always smiling and joking around.

Posted at 4:49 PM on July 9, 2013

@taylor – that was then, this is now. I think they are going for image makeover. The boy next door has to go.

Posted at 4:52 PM on July 9, 2013

I think that’s exactly what he’s willing to shoot for also in order to put his career back on track. This current movie he’s working on is not going to fare well at the box so he’s got alot of work to be done. Player, sadly enough, is not the way to go though.

Taylor

Posted at 1:55 PM on July 9, 2013

Not that I doubt you or anything, but how did you know he was together with Sara many times?
And I really hope Taylor stop what he is doing right now, (if this story is true) because it’s demaging his image. You know “the nice and gentleman and everything”. And the strange thing is that he never showed PDA with any of his x-girlfriends before, so why doing it right now?

Posted at 3:08 PM on July 9, 2013

@taylor – because over the years the press has reported Taylor is back with Sara every time his Hollywood romances go bust. Then he goes hooks up with a starlet and leave her behind. This is another thing I don’t like about him: he looks like he strings her along (@ash mentioned Sara tweet about her sadness after Maika was presented to the world). It looks like a status thing – Sara doesn’t come from a wealthy family, she’s not a name in her own right, and she’s a Clippers girl – a gig that pays $75 a game. She’s not good enough to be on his arm at industry events, certainly not to be photographed with him at those venues. The most she gets are occasional pap strolls with him to help keep his name out there (and shut down gay accusations). Other celebs date and marry people that are not in the business and they don’t shy away from them. Out of town trips with the family lends an air of respectability, but after all these years he still doesn’t treat her right IMO. That’s why I feel she needs to cut him loose.

Posted at 11:43 AM on July 9, 2013

@taylor & @misti – he has been with Sara many times during the Twilight years – and has dumped her many times for a girl whose name appears in boldface type. Taylor may think of Sara as a friend, but I think she’s banking on a wedding ring.

The fact that this story has stalled now is also an indication of Taylor’s status in HW. He looks like he’s cheating on a C-list actress with another C-list actress. (Sorry the fact he has not clarified that he and Maika are not serious is allowing people to presume they are.) He looks like he can’t get a girl from the A-list now, probably they don’t want to contend with Taylor’s PR team led by Pimp Dad. If this have been Taylor Swift or Selena Gomez playing the wronged gf or the “other woman” this story would be all over the place and still running. @misti – I agree with the PR stunt; Taylor and Maika were looking dead at the camera for the handhold money shot. This story, not even debunked on Gossip Cop, shoots down any indication of romance.

Posted at 11:54 AM on July 9, 2013

@aquarius64-I do see your point and believe he is not able to get an A-list date due to the way he is starting to move around. He has the right to see who he wants, but it is sad when he goes on a hand holding date to a ballgame one week with one girl and the next he sucking face in a bar with another. His image is getting somewhat tarnished if he is practicing the cheating game. Sadly enough, his fans will never know whether to be excited for him or not when he does show alot of PDA with these girls. Very unusual for him, but I guess his “well-mannered Roman Catholic” upbringing is slowly fading and Pimp Daddy just sees the paychecks without another care in the world.

Posted at 3:34 PM on July 9, 2013

@misti – Pimp Dad may have had a role in Taylor’s endorsement deal for Bench. In an interview Dad-a-ger was answering the questions for why Taylor chose Bench. Why couldn’t Taylor answer that himself? Pops was at the photo shoot too. I also think the team wants to roll out a new image for Taylor so to shake off the Twihards. Juggling girls is one way, but it can be off-putting. You can date, but you can do it without looking like an irredeemable dog.

Posted at 4:44 PM on July 9, 2013

@aquarius-Daddio also used millions of his money a few years back to start up his own production company (Taylormade) which went bust right from the git go. He financed a movie-Cancun- that never got off the ground. Dad is messing alot of stuff up and now that his son is an adult he needs to back off and let him speak for himself. BTW-I thought the bench promos looked a bit too gay-IMO. He should have went for more manly attire if he wants to keep the gay rumors shook off.

Taylor

Posted at 9:38 AM on July 9, 2013

@misti- I do think you might be right about his career. I know many people have already forgotten about him. And maybe him and Sara were only friends?

Taylor

Posted at 8:37 AM on July 9, 2013

you know I didn’t even know he has been together with Sara lately. I mean I know they were together before twilight, but not after. Besides I find it strange that he hooked up with Maika only one month after he said he was single. But you never know with the Hollywood people.

Posted at 9:02 AM on July 9, 2013

He went on a 5-6 hours road trip with Sara and her family to her sisters volleyball game, not sure it was anything else. As for Maika, I think that was just a PR stunt to put her out there a bit more and to keep him in the spotlight since his career was at a halt.