Desiree Hartsock Nearly Quit ‘Bachelorette’ Because Of James Case

Tue, July 2, 2013 11:00am EDT by 11 Comments
Desiree Hartsock Quits Bachelorette
Courtesy ABC

Nikki

Posted at 11:26 AM on July 23, 2013

No way was James the biggest villain yet. I don’t think his comments were that big of a deal, really. The only mistake he made was verbalizing it out loud, that’s all. Half of the guys that were there were for “other” reasons. I think the biggest villain on Desiree’s show was Michael, the lawyer, to be honest. I think he was there to promote his attorney skills. He did nothing but try to cross examine any man that he thought was “unworthy” of Desiree. Michael was an arrogant creep. James may not have been the right one for Desiree, but he wasn’t the huge villain he was edited to be.

Lee

Posted at 12:59 PM on July 3, 2013

I don’t understand why Des could be so immature (at age 26?) and expect the guys that came on the Bachelorette show are really looking for love, least of all be interested in her! Des is sweet and pretty, but let’s face it, she is not the mot desireable woman! And yes, you can tell most of the guys are not really “into” her; they are more interested in their time in the “limelight,” free travel and appearance “fee.” And if anyone (or some) of those guys went in to this show with the intention to be the next Bachelor, what is wrong with it?

I think Des does not realize this is NOT really a competition among guys for her heart – it’s a match-making show – to find the man that is best match for her! And if some of the guys feel Des is not their match but would be interested as being the next Bachelor, what is the problem? They are entitled to find the right “match” for them too.

That is why I truly believe Sean Lowe of the Bachelor made the right decision to eliminate Des – she is very immature, shallow and boring – not a good the match for him. And I would say Sean made the right choice in Catherine who is very smart and gorgeous – they match and complement each other!

Anthony

Posted at 3:49 PM on July 3, 2013

Everybody has their opinions–but any woman or man who truly loves JESUS is in the world’s eyes going to be considered boring, etc.

Lee

Posted at 6:35 PM on July 3, 2013

Oh, please don’t try to bring Jesus into this conversation!

Jesus has nothing to do with Des trying to find “love” by being the new Bachelorette! Yes, we all have our opinions and most of the opinions I’ve read so far expressed their disappointment in Des as Bachelorette – most people find her not smart enough, not attractive enough, and most of all BORING and full of drama! And these are mostly men.

And in my opinion, if Des thinks she is smart and beautiful that she can attract any man, then why did she applied to be the new Bachelorette? She is 26 and I’m sure she’s already met a lot of men. Obviously, the men she met prior to the Bachelorette gig are not particularly attracted to her nor are they interested in her. Plain and simple!

Nki

Posted at 10:09 PM on July 8, 2013

i think Des will make the worst pick. She dose not kwon how to play the game or as background question. it gonna hurt her at last in making bad choice among the remaining men

Kathyp

Posted at 7:08 PM on July 2, 2013

I think James was misunderstood. What’s wrong with thinking about possibilities. The guys were like its not “normal to be thinking about being the bachelor when u r here in a relationship” we’ll it’s also not ” normal” to be dating someone who’s dating 6 other guys and there is a very good possibility it will not be u that she picks!

loic

Posted at 3:04 AM on July 3, 2013

i have to agree. I felt bad for James. Although what he said may not have been appropriate under such circumstances, I don’t think he meant any harm by it, and to be honest he was only voicing what everyone knows or should know to be a reality deep down. It didn’t help that James failed at expressing himself. Lashing out did not help his case at all. But for the other guys to gang up on him the way they did and blow things completely out of proportions to me was really cruel and somewhat pathetic

rosew

Posted at 8:42 PM on July 23, 2013

I agree, and he seemed totally honest in what he was saying (he might have tried to gloss over the words the first time they confronted him, but to be fair, it’s hard to know what to say when you get put on the spot like that). I mean, I’m not a fan of his, but he was just being realistic, and I felt like everyone else was so swept up making him the villain that they didn’t take a step back to try and see it from his perspective. Tbh, I was far more annoyed with Michael and Kasey for being so self-righteous and obnoxiously aggressive about the whole thing, and I lost respect for Des for backtracking on her opinion in the MTA.

I feel like the other bachelorettes told her, “don’t let the men pull one over on you,” and she wanted to make it seem like, “I’m standing up for myself.” However, I would’ve respected her way more if she would’ve just been like, “I get that you were just being realistic, but for me, that’s not the type of guy that I want.” Doesn’t make him a bad guy, just maybe not the most romantic or tactful.

Ugh Michael and Kasey both really put me off, like they are just trying wayyy too hard. Esp Kasey’s stupid hash tags.

lindz

Posted at 3:04 PM on July 2, 2013

I don’t think you should be pitting Des against James. It wasn’t those two that had a confrontation, it wasn’t a problem of compatibility and mutual respect.

If you HAD to do a poll it should be Kasey/Michael G/Drew against James… and not Des vs. James. Especially as Des struggled to let James go. The two obviously had a connection.

abe

Posted at 11:08 AM on July 2, 2013

he is just filled with hormons & doping to look tough.
BUT EVERY GIRL LIFTS MORE THAN HIM!!

lindz

Posted at 3:05 PM on July 2, 2013

Are you one of those fake twitter accounts Drew paid? He went from 1000 to 50K overnight. Could you be one of them?