The once-loving couple drew serious battle lines this week. You can stop shipping them now.
Though the verdict is still out as to whether Bill (Stephen Moyer) is good or bad, one thing is clear: Dude is crazy! He officially accepted his role as the ‘savior’ of the vampire race on the June 30 episode of True Blood, and turned to an unlikely ally for support — Sookie (Anna Paquin)!
After stepping into the sun, like an idiot, Bill determined he’ll need a serious dose of fairy blood if he hopes to save his people. So he hightailed it to the Stackhouse residence which, surprisingly, he did not need an invitation to enter. Following a supernatural domestic spat — Sookie threw a plate at Bill, and he froze it in mid-air — Bill told Sookie she’s “dead” to him, which she was “fine” with.
Real talk: I’m fine with that, too. Anyone still rooting for a Sookie/Bill reunion is living in the past. I’d love to see Sookie back with Eric (Alexander Skarsgard), but even if that doesn’t happen, Sookie/Bill is not an alternative. Let it die, people.
Speaking of Eric, he took the governor’s daughter Willa (Amelia Rose Blaire) hostage — partially as leverage, but also to pump her for information the “experiments” being done on at vampire “camps.”
But because Tara (Rutina Wesley) is an irredeemably terrible character, she helped Willa escape. Seriously, does anyone not hate Tara at this point? She’s survived death so many times throughout the series, but I’m still crossing all my fingers and toes that her luck will eventually run out.
Warlow Strikes Again
For all the hype surrounding Warlow, that story line is turning out to be kind of a stinker. He may or may not have attacked Sookie this week — honestly, it happened so quickly, I couldn’t tell — but regardless of what happened, Jason (Ryan Kwanten) fainted and fell down the stairs.
Meanwhile, Niall paid a visit to the fairy nightclub, only to discover that Warlow had already made a meal out of… well, pretty much everybody.
Odds & Ends
1. Thank Lilith that Steve Newlin (Michael McMillian) returned to us this week! That we also got Sarah (Anna Camp) was really just the icing on the cake. Even though her reappearance seemed a little random, it was a nice throwback to the show’s earlier seasons — aka, the good ones — and I anticipate good things to come.
2. While I’m celebrating the return of fan-favorite characters, I have to give a shout out to Ginger (Tara Buck). She’s so thirsty for Eric, and I love that he promised to have sex with her. Someday.
3. I want the werewolves to eat all the kids who have been spying on them, and then I want the werewolves to leave town forever. Not a fan of that story line, either.
HollywoodLifers, do you agree that Sookie and Bill are done for good? And do you hate Tara as much as I do? Drop a comment with your review of the episode, and your theories about the rest of the season.
— Andy Swift
More ‘True Blood’:
- ‘True Blood’ Recap: Sookie Meets Ben, Sparks Fly
- ‘True Blood’ Post-Mortem: [Spoiler] Talks Tragic Season Premiere Death
- ‘True Blood’ Season Premiere Recap: Sookie Takes A Stand Against ‘Billith’