A holiday is always a fun time to jazz up your nails and be festive! With Independence Day near, it is time to start thinking about the perfect patriotic nail art for the occasion. Nail stylist Steph Stone is describing the steps to achieve the perfect nail look for the holiday! Read on for the how-to!
Nail stylist and celebrity favorite Steph Stone is notorious for creating the most fab manicures! With July 4th right around the corner, she is letting us know how to get super trendy nails that are festive yet chic. Keep reading for the step-by-step tutorial!
4th Of July Nails — Get The Look
To achieve the perfect patriotic nails, follow these easy steps:
1) Begin by applying white polish to your pointer and pinky fingers and paint the rest of you nails with a red color. Steph used NARS Ecume polish for the white and NCLA’s Rush Hour for the red.
2) After your nails are completely dry, cut out small strips of scotch tape and place them on the nails that have red polish. Do so in a way that makes the nail look like the strips on the American Flag. Also, to make the strips look like they have movement, you may cut the scotch tape into wavy, rounded strips. Tip: make sure the tape is pressed down all the way so that there are no bubbles underneath.
3) Paint the white polish over the part of the nails where the red is. Once the white polish has dried, gently remove the tape.
4) Use a blue polish on the all-white nails to create a blue-moon manicure, leaving the natural moon of your nails exposed with the original white showing. Stone used NCLA polish in Venice Beach Vixen for the blue polish.
5) With your blue nails still slightly wet, apply two gold stars down the center — use Tana Nail Star Stickers.
After you have completed all the steps, apply a top coat to seal it all in and there you go! The perfect trendy Fourth of July nails!
Will you try this trend, HollywoodLifers? Let us know below and enjoy the holiday!
— Shira Benozilio
More Nail News:
- Rihanna’s Fabulous Pink Nails In France — Get Her Hot Look
- Khloe Kardashian’s Cool Coral Nails — Get Her Look
- Kendall Jenner & Kylie Jenner Show Off Fun Nails — Vote On Your Fave