Mellody Hobson married George Lucas on June 22. But who exactly is George’s new wife? We have all the scoop!
On June 22, Star Wars creator George Lucas married his longtime girlfriend, Mellody Hobson, 44, at his Skywalker Ranch in Marin County, California. Of course, we wanted to know more about Mellody, so keep reading to see what we discovered!
Mellody Hobson: 5 Things To Know About George Lucas’ Wife
1. She graduated from Princeton University with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Princeton’s Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs in 1991.
2. She is the president of Ariel Investments.
3. Mellody has become a nationally recognized voice on financial literacy and investor education. She is a regular contributor and analyst on finance, the markets and economic trends for CBS News.
4. Mellody is chairman of the board for DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. as well as a director of The Estée Lauder Companies Inc., Groupon, Inc., and Starbucks Corporation.
5. Mellody began dating George, 69, in 2006. They announced their engagement in January 2013 and married on June 22, 2013.
It sounds like George found an amazing woman. It’s a good thing he put a ring on it!
Congratulations, George and Mellody. May the force be with you! (Yes, we said it.)
WATCH: George Lucas On His Relationship – ‘Oprah’s Next Chapter’
— Chris Rogers