Demi Lovato Pays Tribute To Late Father With Touching Picture

Tue, June 25, 2013 3:30pm EDT by 8 Comments
Demi Lovato Dad Dead
Courtesy Twitter, FameFlyNet

Following her father Patrick’s sad death on June 23, Demi has tweeted a cute throwback pic of her and her ‘daddy.’ So sad.

Demi Lovato and her estranged father Patrick Lovato may have had a difficult relationship, but she appears to have disregarded their troubled past since he passed away. Demi tweeted an adorable picture of her as a young child with her father saying she loved him and that she hoped he was resting in peace. Poor Demi.

Demi Lovato Dad Died: Demi Tweets Cute Picture Of Her Father

Demi, 20, tweeted the above picture of June 25, with the message “RIP Daddy.. I love you.. Love, Your little partner ❤.”

It is not known exactly how Demi’s dad died, but he was battling cancer for years and has been very ill. They had a strained relationship, and had not been talking since 2007 according to reports.

Demi is clearly hurting, but she has someone special to lean on during this hard time.

Demi Lovato’s Dad Dead: Wilmer Valderrama Supports Her

Wilmer Valderrama, Demi’s on/off boyfriend, has been a huge source of support for her during this difficult time.

“[Wilmer] is her rock and he has been in constant contact with her, both by text and in person, during this difficult time and he’ll continue to be her shoulder to cry on,” a source tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively.

Demi, who is currently a judge on The X Factor, is taking some time off work and the FOX team have been really supportive about it.

Not only did Simon Cowell tweet, “My thoughts are with you Demi,” but HollywoodLife.com has also EXCLUSIVELY learned, “[the show is] going to give her all the time she needs to mourn and take care of that sad situation. She can return when she is ready.”

What do YOU think HollywoodLifers? Do YOU think Demi is being really strong throughout this ordeal?

WATCH: Demi Lovato Talks Defeating Bullies and X Factor

– Eleanore Hutch

More On Demi Lovato’s Dad:

1. Demi Lovato & Other Celeb’s Tweet About Father’s Day
  2. Demi Lovato’s Dad Speaks Out On His Daughter’s Condition
  3. Demi Lovato’s Cancer-Stricken Father Begs Her To Call Him

Jaqueline

Posted at 3:04 AM on July 15, 2013

I simply wanted to appreciate you once again. I do not know the things I would’ve achieved in the absence of the actual strategies discussed by you over such a area. It became a real challenging circumstance in my view, however , seeing the specialized way you dealt with the issue took me to cry over contentment. I’m just grateful
for the information and even believe you find out what a great job you have
been accomplishing instructing some other people using your site.
More than likely you haven’t come across all of us.

rishqa davids

Posted at 10:45 AM on June 30, 2013

Be strong. I’m your biggest fan. I love u

Kellie Ayers Burk

Posted at 1:25 PM on June 26, 2013

Her family is there for her more than anyone else. She is grateful to her fans and friends but its her family that currently are giving her the most support.

Carmen

Posted at 5:41 AM on June 26, 2013

Feel so sorry for her… In the end, family is all that matters! Love♥

chloe

Posted at 4:17 AM on June 26, 2013

my granddad died a day before my birthday this year in April the 20th he was a good guy R.I.P
granddad joe

rishqa

Posted at 3:46 AM on June 26, 2013

I hope u and your family will get threw this and I’m prayin
g for u and your family. And I know your dad is in good hands he doesn’t have pain anymore so u don’t have to worry anymore because u know that he is safe. I wish u good luck and my preys are always with u and so are gods angels I love u. You are the best, x factor should be luck to have u as a judge.

kimmy

Posted at 8:04 PM on June 25, 2013

Demi you are being soo strong!! Don’t give up

Maria