Kate Gosselin’s Controversial Twitter Photo: Is She Mocking Asians?

Mon, June 24, 2013 8:33pm EDT by 52 Comments
Kate Gosselin Racist
Courtesy of ABC/Twitter

Thomas Williams

Posted at 7:37 AM on June 28, 2013

I’m happy to see by the poll people are getting fed up with this leftist PC that puts people in chains and has absolutely become a cancer that has infected American society for far too long.

Thomas Williams

Posted at 7:35 AM on June 28, 2013

*Didn’t mean to write the same thing twice.

Thomas Williams

Posted at 7:34 AM on June 28, 2013

She’s not racist! Racist is hateful…much different from making your eyes thin like an Asian when you’re wearing an Asian headdress. Racist is hateful…unless you know a person well enough to make a character judgement on her heart, don’t cast the first stone.

Micah Carey

Posted at 10:30 PM on June 27, 2013

How are the kids “half Korean.” If their father is himself “half Korean” and the mother has no Korean ancestry whatsoever? Are American unable to do simple division problems? Are they really that profoundly uneducated? A half Korean father means the children are 1/4 Korean not “half”! How stupid!

observer

Posted at 12:56 PM on June 27, 2013

People complain about the dumbest things. The Wayan brothers can dress up and pretend to be white girls and nobody bats an eye. A white woman who was married to an Asian plays with her eyes and it’s called racist. The PC bullcr@p in this country is freaking appalling. “It’s hurtful!” “It’s racist!” Grow up already. Isn’t it interesting how it’s only the whites who are singled out for this rubbish?

sueton

Posted at 1:54 PM on June 26, 2013

I am full Chinese. I went to predominantly non-Asian schools my whole life. People made this same face at me, while they teased me because I look different. She is definitely mocking Asians. For all those who said this photo isn’t racist, you were not mercilessly teased by people making this face.

Thomas Williams

Posted at 7:43 AM on June 28, 2013

It’s unfortunate that happened. It is. I empathize with you. It may be insensitve on her part…or it may innocent, in that she actually just may be pretending to be Asian. Please, not everyone is the same…and she just may not be the same as the people who gave you a hard time in school. Think before you call someone ‘racist’, because that is a very very harsh word.

MusicGuy

Posted at 6:18 PM on June 25, 2013

For crying out loud. Just how stupid is this whole thing going to get. If these press idiots keep this up, people will eventually be afraid of leaving their houses for fear of “looking like”, or “dressing like” somebody and half the English language will be banned so as not ONE SINGLE PERSON is in danger of getting their precious feelings hurt. Get over it!

Thalie

Posted at 4:32 PM on June 25, 2013

If Kate is being a racist for that picture that would make every one who dress up in a sumo costume or a costume from another ethnicity a racist.

Steven Scott

Posted at 3:00 PM on June 25, 2013

wtfc

if I spell it out some idiot will delete it..

Bigot

Posted at 1:17 PM on June 25, 2013

Kate may not make fun of Asians, but I sure as hell do. The more people become sensitive to this type of thing, the more fun I have. Hey, at least I don’t have to throw the silverware down the stairs to come up with a name for my kids. Black people sound like chickens clucking too.

MarkusUSA

Posted at 12:10 PM on June 25, 2013

Imitation is the highest form of flattery. What’s the issue here?

jimmycrackcorn

Posted at 11:50 AM on June 25, 2013

no problem with what she did. it was all in fun. some are too sensitive and should shut the hell up

Tom Sturgeon

Posted at 11:42 AM on June 25, 2013

The Romulans and Vulcans should be highly offended.

Dee

Posted at 11:40 AM on June 25, 2013

Come on! How many out there at one time made Chinese eyes.
Society is becoming oversensitive.

Johnnyb

Posted at 11:34 AM on June 25, 2013

Anyone who thinks is racist needs tog o eat a bag of d!cks.

Johnnyb

Posted at 11:35 AM on June 25, 2013

damn keyboard!!!
Anyone who thinks this is racist needs to go eat a bag of d!cks.

lukebandit (@lukebandit)

Posted at 10:10 AM on June 25, 2013

I think what kate did was a very hurtful and racist thing to do. Not only to her children, but to their children’s father and family and the Asian community as well. KATE GOSSELIN is a RACIST! On Thanksgiving she made her kids dress up as Indians and run around going WOO WOO WOO. Nobody does that! She called her AA bodyguard Mr. Chocolate and forced her children to call him that name too. Can’t imagine what he felt about that. She and Paula Deen are on the same level of stupid. kate said derogatory statements to her employees and so did Paula. If you could read the depositions of the lawsuit with Paula, it is mind boggling and just unreal what she said and did. CRAZY! Also read the chapter that the title says: Kate Gosselin is a Racist! in the book Robert Hoffman. Kate Gosselin: How She Fooled the World. She is a racist, child abuser and animal and husband abuser.

jimmycrackcorn

Posted at 11:53 AM on June 25, 2013

oh, shut the hell up. you are an idiot. you are a few levels of stupid above paula and kate. go soak your head in acid. get over yourself and your rotten p c attitude. get off this site.

John Clark

Posted at 12:55 PM on June 25, 2013

She’s a racist for doing that? Well then, she should lose her citizenship. In fact, ANYONE
has ever done that should lose their citizenship….or at least some jail time. Include in that
group anyone who has ever used “offensive” works like the dreaded “n-word”, etc. Of course
a lot of blacks would be in jail as I hear them still using it. But we can’t put more blacks in jail,
as that would be *racist*! Oh, where does it END?????

Steven Scott

Posted at 3:02 PM on June 25, 2013

is that indian or indian woo woo woo woo… again wtfc

gordon

Posted at 1:04 PM on June 27, 2013

How is she racist to asians if she married an asian. Luke you truely are a moron and its people like you that have ruined America with this politicaly correct crap. Boo hoo you got teased for being asian. We all get teased you big crybaby. If not for being asian they would have teased you for being an a-hole. Go cry about it little girl. I bet you also belive in not keeping score either. Thats because you suck at what ever you do and dont want it scored and kept track of how bad you lose. What a cry baby loser you are. As far as paula dean goes if africans dont like the N word then they shouldnt say it every 3rd word like they do. They greet each other with it. Sure seems to me like they love it because if you hated it you wouldnt say it.

Ky

Posted at 8:52 AM on June 25, 2013

I think that’s a bit of a leap.

Also, her children are quarter-Korean. Jon is half.

luvkim

Posted at 6:31 AM on June 25, 2013

I am South Korean and I feel that when I look at this photo, I don’t get a scene of racism, or like I’ve been hurt. When I was in primary school, I was teased a lot for my race. I mean, it’s not really funny either but it’s not racist, so many people think that every single thing said about Asians is racist. like my friend at high school would never call me an asian because she thought she was being racist.

Kerry Hitch (@hitchkerry26)

Posted at 3:23 AM on June 25, 2013

as Carolyn replied I am taken by surprise that a student able to make $8254 in four weeks on the internet. did you read this web link …………….. Rich6(dot)com

Delta

Posted at 1:41 AM on June 25, 2013

Kate Gosselin is a racist! This so called mother had an African American body guard. Her children were told by mommy dearest to call him Mr. Chocolate. While in Australia there was Mr Kiwi. She also lived in Ghettoville. She mocked asians while filming in NY Chinatown.My question –Will there be a reaction from Kate when someone makes those slit eyes at her 8 (count them 8) Yep she’s a racist.

lukebandit (@lukebandit)

Posted at 10:00 AM on June 25, 2013

I feel EXACTLY like you do. She is a racist! I wish the Hollywood Life or ANYBODY could read the chapter in Robert Hoffman’s book: Kate Gosselin: How She Fooled the World. It’s chapter heading is: Kate Gosselin is a racist! Can’t imagine how that AA bodyguard felt everytime that witch called him that and she FORCED her children to call him Mr. Chocolate, ALSO. What mom would do that? It is racist and UNACCEPTABLE! This is no different than Paula Deen! Paula’s layers are peeling and the onion is getting more rotten by the minute! She forced her black employees to wear plantation clothes to a graduation party and were told not to speak to anybody, do not be near anybody OR they would be fired. And they were never PAID FOR THEIR CATERING JOBS! She just gave them a little beer or liquor! One man said we were given this alcohol and I don’t even drink. Her horrible ways have finally came to roost. She is vulgar as she is horrid about her treatment of AA people! Just like KATE GOSSELIN!

johnnyb

Posted at 11:37 AM on July 1, 2013

luke you’re full of sh!t.

abe

Posted at 12:38 AM on June 25, 2013

a white american can’t use jokes any longer?

martha

Posted at 11:55 AM on June 25, 2013

You mean cracker, or whitey, the only people ever called out for racism…ole whitey!

Rolls Eyes

Posted at 11:58 PM on June 24, 2013

Don’t like Kate, but as I was scrolling I had to see what this article was about.
She’s not making fun! You guys are just stirring up drama over nothing.
I even went to find her Twitter, and she’s not making fun!

Lol

Posted at 11:57 PM on June 24, 2013

This is stupid. Sumo wrestlers are supposed to have chinky eyes and so Kate is just trying to be one since she has her sumo headpiece on.
Problem with this photo is that the chink should be going down. Chinese up.. Japanese down..

Not a big deal.

Kate

Posted at 11:52 PM on June 24, 2013

Are African American women mocking white women when they dye their hair blonde??? Political correctness has become ridiculous.

Denise

Posted at 8:52 PM on June 24, 2013

I don’t feel that looking at this photo. I have a mixed-race child and we poke fun at one another in ways others might find offensive. I’m not going to condemn Kate for this.

Tyrone

Posted at 1:20 PM on June 25, 2013

You have a Mulatto child. Sorry to say this, most of them are ugly as hell.