Paula Deen Gets Fired: Ricky Gervais & More Stars React On Twitter

Sat, June 22, 2013 12:38pm EST by 68 Comments
Paula Deen Fired
SplashNews

Greg Bradley

Posted at 11:06 AM on July 6, 2013

“As Paula got the ax for her unbelievable and shocking racist remarks …” This is reported as if she said this yesterday. It’s disgusting and I feel very sorry for her. I am a white male, a democrat, and I have dated black women – just so you understand that I am an open person. She testified under oath and stated that she had used the word. She could have lied and this thing probably would have blown over. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. The piling on here is just awful.

Dav

Posted at 12:28 AM on July 5, 2013

I was robbed at gun point by three black men and I freely use the N word verbally to describe them. It is offensive and that is what thugs are! I am not racist, but if you rob me I will say the most offensive thing I please about you.

Robyn Racine Roberts!

Posted at 1:57 PM on June 27, 2013

Listen People, I am Black & I feel SO Sorry for Paula Deen! Leave her alone, already! There is so much garbage going on in “our FAILING Country!” Many more Important stuff than what comes out of Paula’s mouth some 100 years ago! The Unemployment rate is a lot higher than “they” {in DC} want you to know……………………..etc………………………..

Ellen

Posted at 3:47 AM on June 27, 2013

I think Paula Deen’s employers and business partners expected her to understand that she is to hold herself to a higher professional standard. They expected her to be aware that the n-word is a racial slur and offensive when used in any context by any person.

Rita Bailey

Posted at 2:56 PM on June 24, 2013

Four words for Paula: Glenn Beck & Martha Stewart (Okay, five words)

Rita Bailey

Posted at 2:51 PM on June 24, 2013

I’m not particularly a fan of Paula Deen, but boy is she being crucified in the media. Her use of the ‘N’ word came about in a conversation with her husband after she was robbed at gunpoint by a black guy many years ago while working at a bank. When asked if she had ever used the ‘N’ word she was truthful and replied yes. And the comment about the black waiters each dressed in a white tux was totally taken out of context. She never referred to them as slaves or stated she wanted to hire them to portray slaves.

oldfart

Posted at 2:28 PM on June 24, 2013

The comments of these so called famous people seems to be like a child that is feeling left out of the spot light….look at me !!! With that said, I do wish Paula and her family the best. Everyone that is making their comments should look at their own life and hope you haven’t at one time or other said something you are ashamed of. I have read the complaint filed by lisa t Jackson. Have you? for me it seems that most of the complaint is against Paula’s brother Bubba. Paula’s part seems to be that she is a partner. Am not defending her, but folks read it before you speak.

Gman

Posted at 2:23 PM on June 24, 2013

I love it when a person comes on and spouts that “your people” enslaved their people as if I had something to do with it. By saying it this way you are trying to attach me, purely by race, to events that I can guarantee my ancestors had no part in. So who is perpetrating a race issue here?. I find racism reprehensible and have a multicultural family, but get over blaming today’s whites for what happened historically. It does not make it less of a travesty by you letting go of your vilification of whites today. Yes there is still racism, yes there are still ignorant people, but coming on and talking to today’s whites as if they all enslaved your relatives last week, although your right to do so, does more harm than good in opening dialog on the subject.

T

Posted at 12:28 PM on June 24, 2013

She’s 66, white & from the south of course she used the N word. Key thing to remember is that she used it in the past NOT currently. To punish her for her past ignorance is ridiculous its obvious she’s not prejudice now and has made attitude adjustments since the civil rights era. I disagree with food networks decision. feeding into media hype is absurd. The real enemy here is her PR & legal team. Her answers to the disposition should have been more clear, planned out and the clean up afterwards esp the video was horrible! – A black woman who’s met Paula b4

davfit

Posted at 10:41 AM on June 24, 2013

Lisa lampanelli has used the N..word in her act.. no one went after her. youtube did’nt delete it neither did HBO. no its not right, but,if your going to attack one… you should attack all…And the reporter who leaked this story is a hateful @#$#h…

jaazheal

Posted at 8:11 PM on June 24, 2013

i whole heartedly agree with you. There is absolutely no occasion from absolutely no race to use the words that, are inherently racist towards ANY ethnic group

wells

Posted at 3:49 PM on June 28, 2013

Tell that to the nasty rappers it seems to be ok to call whites all sorts of filthy words walk on our flag and more.

Bellbandmom

Posted at 8:37 AM on June 24, 2013

Exactly who is Patti Stanger referring to when she said “you people.” Is she speaking of people from the South, white people, ???. WTF? Her statement is just as prejudice as anything Paula said and she repeatedly makes similar comments. She is nothing but trash and she needs to keep her half-baked opinions to herself.

elizabeth bifulco

Posted at 10:01 AM on June 24, 2013

Society these days waits until someone reaches their goals and then proceeds to finish them off. As a born & bred southern gal, she and many others still have feelings. If this country can overcome Pearl Harbor,let’s give her a break. I personally have no animosity toward anyone. If the citizens continuously attack the President, where does it end?

Rita Bailey

Posted at 2:53 PM on June 24, 2013

Well, in all fairness, the president deserves it.