Corbin Bernsen Drops F-Bomb At 2013 Daytime Emmy Awards

Sun, June 16, 2013 10:32pm EDT by 25 Comments
FameFlynet

Bryan D. Armentrout

Posted at 5:04 PM on June 17, 2013

Start working at home with Google! It’s by-far the best job Ive had. Last Monday I got a new Alfa Romeo from bringing in $7778. I started this 9 months ago and practically straight away started making more than $83 per hour. I work through this link, Bling6.com

Marynelle Vickers

Posted at 4:39 PM on June 17, 2013

I loved it. It was his mother speaking through him. Normally, I would be upset with using the “F” word, but this was said in a different way and it was so Jeanne Cooper. HLN did not prepare for this show and must not have rehearsed. It was the worse Daytime Emmy Award Show ever. Corbin, Jess Walton, Doug Davidson and Billy Miller were the only bright spots. Y&R will never be the same.

Joy Margetts

Posted at 8:21 PM on June 17, 2013

I’ll 2nd that comment. It was Jeanne. :-)

Shelley Carlson

Posted at 1:26 PM on June 17, 2013

Corbin Bernsen did exactly what he was there to do, honor his mother. The problem was the pathetic venue that the Daytime Emmy Awards was stuck with to air on television. Maybe CBS, along with the other networks, should rethink their refusal to do so. It is a poor reflection on the programs that win for them. Deja vu, I think this conversation has come up in the past few years, as well, when this award show was threatened to not be aired at all. The poor production is what you should be bashing. If you didn’t like what you were hearing about the greatest daytime actress, as well as her many other film and series attributes, then you don’t know Jeanne Cooper. Turn the channel. I hope I never find the need to address something as petty as
this again.

Marynelle Vickers

Posted at 4:41 PM on June 17, 2013

ITA with everything you said. The Cooper Troopers are so proud of Corbin for honoring his mother in the only way exceptable.

Sarah

Posted at 10:01 AM on June 17, 2013

Where were the bleepers? I loved Jeanne Cooper, too, but I think she would know the proper place for the F bomb!

Marynelle Vickers

Posted at 4:42 PM on June 17, 2013

No, Jeanne would have done exactly what Corbin did. Bravo Corbin and as much as I hate that word, it was only fitting last night.

kathy Decicco

Posted at 7:45 AM on June 17, 2013

Love Corbin, loved his Mom! There is nothing he could say that would offend me!

jackie jacks smith

Posted at 7:18 AM on June 17, 2013

Most of the awards were jokes! First off Best Actress should have gone to “Stephanie”—Susan Flannery, not “boring whinny Katie!” And General Hospital should have won “Best Daytime Drama”—-not “Bores of our Lives!”

Mark

Posted at 9:26 AM on June 17, 2013

yes General Hospital should have won for some odd dollars are results days 1 and I totally agree with you looking at days our lives is like looking at the guiding light with no directions ending year 1986 87 for Pamela Long return of the head writer than the show back on focus. writing two episode does that make you the best show for the rest of the year. I would love for the Academy to look at each episode of 4 soap and then make a decision who should carry the Emmy Award for outstanding show and outstanding writing team.I encourage anyone take a look at days of our lives and you will understand you just sit there and watch her so and it’s so dead. and this is the truth

Denise

Posted at 6:15 AM on June 17, 2013

Loved Corbin’s comments.He is a real person like us!

Lots of mess ups and lousy singing. Who told her she could sing?

Renae

Posted at 1:54 PM on June 17, 2013

lol I was thinking the same thing… Robin Meade needs to keep her singing limited to the shower!

Teressa

Posted at 1:28 AM on June 17, 2013

Corbin dropping the F bomb was nothing. that is who his mom was he is still grieving I am sure. But everyone is right I could not believe how badly this show was produced. After a winner spoke there was a high pitch going back to one of the terrible hosts. Monty did not get his video. And OMG you give the wrong envelope for the award. who was running this thing a bunch of 8 year olds. I don’t think they even told people when they were coming back because they would always talk at commercials but when they came back they would quite down quickly. I love Nancy from GH but the things she did not the street did not even make since or fit in at the time they did them. So disappointed in the running of the show.

Jan

Posted at 1:10 AM on June 17, 2013

I couldn’t watch because Houston cable stations don’t carry HLN, apparently! If the show is worth televising, why not put it on a network that MOST if not ALL fans could watch it?

Carly Peitel

Posted at 7:26 AM on June 17, 2013

I live up north of you in the Dallas/Ft Worth-Metro/Plex…..And unfortunately we got the show, you are lucky you didn’t! It was long, boring & rigged….so I flipped over to Miss USA—-that was even worse, “a bunch of dumb, cookie cutter boring look alike bimbos!” Texas, & the 2 Carolinas & New Hampshire were the only 4 that stood out in a good way!
P.S. Not too pleased with the Daytime Drama Winners—oh maybe a few!

GOP/ TRUTH SEEKER (@RUSHLvR1)

Posted at 1:09 AM on June 17, 2013

This awards show was a total Joke. It was a slap in the face to all the great daytime soap stars. Ever since Headline news took it over it has stunk! I am glad my favorites from Y&R won, but the tribute they gave to Jeanne Cooper was a joke for someone who was the huge star of that show for 40 years. So what her son dropped the F Bomb. Jeanne would have said it herself. I just wish they would up the anti and put it on a station that would make it a great show to watch again. I was very disappointed in that show. Too many flubs and mistakes by the people giving out the awards. Gimme a break and the Soap Stars! It was the first show I fast forwarded through. Good thing I had it on my DVR. It sure is not as glamorous as the ones they used to have at Radio City Music Hall! I just feel they deserved more.

Candace

Posted at 11:25 AM on June 17, 2013

I agree. Too many screw-ups. I was actually funny. It gave me a chance to laugh.

Joanna

Posted at 11:24 PM on June 16, 2013

What a bunch of crap….someone did not learn manners…..ALL OF THEM

Carly Peitel

Posted at 7:27 AM on June 17, 2013

You are 100 % Correct, Joanna!

Macy

Posted at 11:09 PM on June 16, 2013

The award show was a disgrace Bernstein dropping the f bomb was the LEAST of their problems. It was the worst. Award show in history and awkward for the viewers and audience! Poor Monty hall was screwed out of his video tribute, the audience talked through the entire show, the hosts were terrible and every segment looked unpolished and unprepared. I think there will or should be major firings tomorrow. And the winners in some of these categories were ridiculous Ricky lake the CBS Sunday morning show on and on. Just overall bad tv!

patti

Posted at 11:59 PM on June 16, 2013

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who thought that was the worst award show of all times. Andy why did Robin Meade sing? She was horrible.

Carly Peitel

Posted at 11:38 AM on June 17, 2013

The Show Was A Joke!

shoozeyque

Posted at 2:46 PM on August 20, 2013

Can’t stand Robin Meade or her singing. She sounds heavy like a horse – actually she sounds more like a man.

Carly Peitel

Posted at 7:28 AM on June 17, 2013

I agree Macy

Susan

Posted at 4:50 PM on June 17, 2013

This show was a joke. It was the worst award show I ever seen. The three host were absolutely terrible. It seemed like they had no idea of what they were doing or what to say. Who ever wrote the script for this show should be fired, along with the producers and director. The couch on stage was truly horrible. This whole show look like it was put together by untalented people. I feel the soap stars got the worst of it all. These people work very hard, including their crew members.

Hopefully a professional network will give this award show a chance.