‘True Blood’ Boss Teases Major Death In Season 6 — Is Eric Dying?

Thu, June 13, 2013 5:28pm EDT by 54 Comments
True Blood Eric Dying
Courtesy of HBO

Sophie

Posted at 12:00 PM on June 30, 2013

if they kill Eric, i won’t watch the show ever again.

Truebie

Posted at 12:45 PM on June 27, 2013

I really hope Eric doesn’t die. He’s one of the best, most interesting characters. I kind of think it will be him because Alexander Skarsgard’s movie career is heating up – What Maisie Knew and The East out recently. Not blockbusters, but you know he’ll get a hit soon.

Alonzo Cruz-Bourne (@Marvell_Hookare)

Posted at 1:46 AM on June 24, 2013

DONT kill Tara, Pam, Lafayette, Eric, Sookie, Jason, they grandaddy, Andy, Arlene, Terry, Sam, Emma, Martha, Alcide, or Ricky. Bill caused the whole issue by blowing up the factories. And sadly Eric killed the general in season 5 (stupid move). Bill needs to be done. If they kill the wrong person, I will refuse to watch the show.

Chez Rodgers (@Chezzy9791)

Posted at 8:01 AM on June 22, 2013

I think it will be the Rev Newlin who falls of the immortal coil and maybe Erics sister Nora but def not Eric or Bill

Deborah Smith

Posted at 4:25 PM on June 27, 2013

I so hope that your right about Steve Newlin that bites it, because I have always HATED his creepy little “Bugs Bunny” face!! Cute on a cartoon Rabbit, but NOT on a “Man”! I wish he would throw his weight around Tara like he did Jessica, because instead of “playing with him”, and giving him the bums rush out of Bills house, TARA WOULD KILL HIM!! Just like she did that DISGUSTING new sherrif…..You Go Girl!!

thegiltreys

Posted at 7:24 AM on June 22, 2013

Sadly, I suspect the character that dies will either be Lafayette or Jessica. Those two would definitely really break the hearts of fans. Jason is also a strong possibility. I can’t see them killing Eric. He is way too important to the plot.

Heidi

Posted at 8:58 PM on June 21, 2013

It would suck if Eric died he hot.

wsucram15

Posted at 12:58 AM on June 18, 2013

I remember Lafayette when he took a stand in the first season over the cheeseburger at Merlot’s. I had read the books and was sure he was going to die, alas he is still here. He is one of my favorite characters for all the situations he has been put into and handled with great levity. He lightens up a sometimes overdone show.
The other character is Eric…his sarcasm at times cracks me up, and I dont care if he ever sees Sookie again. The anticipated memory loss season played out well and they should remain friends, however it is not necessary for him to be concerned with Sookie, the plot line was not continued as in the books so no need to drag that out for a few more views. Eric with his bloodline could do his own show if he wanted to. While he is not a original…he is a viking and a very old vampire, plus Goddrick was cool.
I also like Sam, Andy, Arlene, Holly and Terry..they give humanity to some of the other characters with their insight and friendship. While that is a secondary storyline, it gave some relief to some of the insane “authority happenings” of last season.
Its still a well written show, with many loved characters, but my favorites are Lafayette and Eric because of the added dimension each actor brings, with the added bonus of many loved secondary characters to keep the stories strait but if these guys are done, ..so am I.

Truebie

Posted at 2:26 PM on June 17, 2013

If they kill Eric they will lose a lot of viewers. No way they would take such a prominent character out like that. I myself like both Eric and Bill and would be upset to see any of them go. It may very well be possible that they are making us think it’s Eric to get more views and more people to panic. Although I don’t think Eric will go, I am a little nervous… I don’t know if the show would be the same without them..

KILLBILL

Posted at 2:03 PM on June 17, 2013

alcides father will die luna is dead already and eric will betray sookie and have to leave bon temps. bill will die in the end of the series finale saving sooki and redeeming himself. and he will go to vampire heaven.

KILLBILL

Posted at 1:57 PM on June 17, 2013

please somebody kill bill already

AtomicRose

Posted at 12:08 PM on June 17, 2013

Shut up people about stop watching because Eric dies… its a show!! Then good bye!! I Love Bill. Your just in love with Eric because he is young and beautiful looking…

Me

Posted at 8:12 PM on June 16, 2013

As long at Tara, Lafayette, Eric and Pam lives, I’m cool.

Mattie

Posted at 9:52 AM on June 16, 2013

If Eric dies, I give up on True Blood & never watch it again

Liz

Posted at 3:08 PM on June 15, 2013

No Eric, I never see this show … he is the only vampire who retains some sense, beyond, of their own mistakes…Kill Bill I hate him!

noah

Posted at 1:00 PM on June 15, 2013

I dont want eric,pam,tara,or jessica to die they are my favorite charcters.

Harry Coffer

Posted at 2:01 AM on June 15, 2013

its the red head read the book

asfandancer

Posted at 2:20 AM on June 15, 2013

I’ve read the books, but since the show no longer follows anything faintly resembling what is in those books who that’s no clue.

RC Lynn

Posted at 9:09 PM on June 14, 2013

Even though the series does not strictly adhere to the books, the strongest possibilities for a real death for Season 6 will be either LaFayette (who died early in the book series) or Jessica (not a book character, but very popular). I can see Billith offing her when she tries to help save/rescue Bill. Most me the other characters are essential for laser stories if the series gets renewed.

RC Lynn

Posted at 9:04 PM on June 14, 2013

Avengers though the series does not strictly adhere to the books, the strongest possibilities for a real death for Season 6 will be either LaFayette (who died early in the book series) or Jessica (not a book character, but very popular). I can see Billith offing her when she tries to help save/rescue Bill. Most me the other characters are essential for laser stories if the series gets renewed.

Renee Diggs

Posted at 5:39 PM on June 14, 2013

I think Eric, Pam and Tara have become such an intricate part of the show that their charaters are equally as important as Sookie, Bill and Jason. I could not watch without Eric Pam and Tara.

Baxter

Posted at 9:01 PM on June 13, 2013

It’s Pam. Rewatch last season and you’ll see the hints were there. I thought for sure she was a goner last season…

DC

Posted at 8:16 PM on June 13, 2013

Take Jason, please!

kate

Posted at 7:15 PM on June 13, 2013

i will never watch this show again if eric dies. i hope it’s bill, i really, really hate him.

Mrs. wright

Posted at 7:00 PM on June 13, 2013

Eric is so very beautiful, and always an interseting character. He is in all of the novels (not that they totally follow that) but I would be very surprised if they were to eliminate his character out of their storyline. The simple fact is that Eric is sexy/hot and the opposite type of buff scruffy/hot like Alcede. They don’t want to lose the Alexander/Eric fans.

asfandancer

Posted at 6:49 PM on June 13, 2013

As often stated, if Eric meets the true death this season it’s goodby True Blood and HBO for me. As far as I’m concerned, Eric, Pam, and Lafayette are the only interesting characters remaining on this show, and I have to give a shout out to Ginger and her great screens. Bill is a total sanctimonious bore no matter how they write his character; Sookie always goes back to being a Bill doormat no matter what he does to her; Alcide is only a shirtless body intended to entertain the female audience, but he has no substance and I’m frankly tired of his growl; Jason is dumber then a box of rocks, and that has become very old and uninteresting; I loved Sam, but hated his back story and not at all fond of Luna; Tara I run hot and cold about sometimes shes interesting sometimes she is just annoying; Jessica was so much fun in the beginning, but she has turned into a female clone of boring Bill; Terry, Arlene, and Andy are my favorite minor character, but the side stories get a bit tedious. Of course I’m not really sure that there will even be a season seven, and if that’s the case I guess it really doesn’t matter who they kill off.

remco

Posted at 6:24 PM on June 13, 2013

Nah its way to easy people wont be surpised if eric dies i think its jason i hope its sam i really dont like sam i never did he’s enoying as hell and i dont hate Lafayette or something but i wont really care or been sad if he would be the one that could get killed so and tara alreddy died once i dont think its gonna happed again,What also could happend is that bilith will kill pam and maby eric and tara both want revenge for killing her that’s also something that could happend??????????????