‘True Blood’ Boss Teases Major Death In Season 6 — Is Eric Dying?

Thu, June 13, 2013 5:28pm EDT by 54 Comments
True Blood Eric Dying
Courtesy of HBO

gerald G money

Posted at 10:07 PM on August 18, 2013

I agree with Maggie and Dee if Eric is dead there is no longer a True Blood show for me…to kill of Northman would be the stupidest thing the True Blood producers could ever do

Steph

Posted at 1:56 AM on July 29, 2013

it was Terry belflur

Sheri

Posted at 11:05 PM on July 20, 2013

I have a feeling the death will be Sam. They have hinted that the community will mourn–so I doubt it will be a vampire or a werewolf! The also sad the death would bring Bon Temps together to grieve–It could be Sam–maybe Andy–or Jason.

Dee

Posted at 6:46 PM on July 19, 2013

If they kill Eric I will not be watching the show any longer. He was the best character on the show.

Maggie

Posted at 1:53 AM on July 19, 2013

If Eric died, this show is dead to me! Better not be him!

wkl

Posted at 4:01 PM on July 17, 2013

Pam may be going. Unfortunately, this season is not putting much effort into the lesser characters like Sam and Tara. They really aren’t interesting anymore. And Alcide has turned into a jerk. I’m with the other people on here, if Eric goes I go.

jason

Posted at 8:15 PM on August 1, 2013

ahmen!

Lana

Posted at 12:26 AM on July 17, 2013

If they kill off Eric, I will stop watching. Period.

Dae

Posted at 2:47 AM on July 16, 2013

Lol uhhhhhh wtf?? What do you mean, would anyone miss Tara?? EVERYONE would miss Tara. Lol love love LOVE her!! Lol would anyone miss Jason?!?! I’m thinking Jason or Jess for sum reason. They’re seeming kinda lost and irrelevant this season. Moreso Jason

bloodsucker

Posted at 1:31 PM on July 15, 2013

after last nights episode im definitely thinking Pam :(((

truebieee

Posted at 5:05 AM on July 15, 2013

based on character storylines so far, i’m guessing either sam or lafeyette. i don’t want either to go, but both haven’t been crucial to the major plot, which could be why a principal character is being killed off. if i had to choose one though, i’d probably go with sam. after the emma situation is resolved, i have no idea where they plan to go with his character…

Izzy

Posted at 3:14 PM on July 20, 2013

After I’ve said it’s Eric, for sure, I can’t help but think after reading your comment if it would in fact be Sam. Not only would we lose a major character in him but we would also lose Sam’s bar Merlotte’s which in no doubt obviously would change the “tone” of the show.

Ziggy

Posted at 3:00 PM on July 9, 2013

Without Eric the show is over. Kill Bill please.

Izzy

Posted at 3:16 PM on July 20, 2013

Technically, Bill was killed off last season.

Sean will

Posted at 4:02 AM on July 8, 2013

Oh yea Terry, and the Sheriff too will be mourn for

Ms. Emme

Posted at 3:41 PM on July 6, 2013

I don’t think they’ll kill off Eric. That just wouldn’t make any sense. He and Lafayette are my favorites on the show, and he along with Pam and Tara (yes, Tara) are the only things getting me through since they are for whatever reason giving Lafayette NO screen time almost. If they kill off Lafayette, I’ll be done with this show anyway…

Really, the best thing to do would be to kill off someone that’s been on the show for a while, maybe since the beginning, like Terry Bellefleur or someone. I could see him dying to try to save his daughters from Bill or something like that. Anyway, whatever they do, they need to KEEP Lafayette, Eric, Pam, and Tara. They are the ones carrying the show in my opinion. And right now, I’m especially liking Laffy with Sam (hopefully that leads to some good screen time for both) and Eric is back where he should be, with Pam and Tara. They just need to make sure that all of that works out.

Dae

Posted at 2:50 AM on July 16, 2013

Lol I dig it. you’re an awesome fangbanger lol. I totally agree with everything you just said!! Lol EVERYTHING

Adrianne

Posted at 10:38 AM on July 4, 2013

there are lots and lots of time-sucking characters that no one would miss. tara is NOT one of them. you seem to forget the fan response to her ‘death’ in S4. the baby vamp tara storyline made S5 bearable for me. Besides. we’ve already watched tara die once. if the writers have gone in this direction with the character again, it would just be…vicious. If they so lack creativity/ination, maybe it SHOULD be the end of this show.

NEEDseason7

Posted at 12:48 PM on July 3, 2013

I think ben is warlow.
that is why sookie found him wounded and barely able to walk he was drunk on fairy blood and he had soo much of it that it has lasted for days. also sookie cant feel him because he is hiding his thoughts from her.

nora will die
steve newlin will die
most of the warewolf pack will die
i think bill (as billith ) will die after he saves everyone.
then he will become old bill again
if it is the last season then the true death for vampire bill
if last season eric will be taken by another vampire authority more powerful than him
sookie will come full circle and ending will hint at her and sam getting together.

truebieee

Posted at 5:07 AM on July 15, 2013

i’m pretty sure the sookie/sam ship has sailed for the tv show.
i know that’s how the book series ended, but i don’t think the show is even thinking of bringing that back. they haven’t really hinted at any of that since season 1.

Traci

Posted at 4:36 PM on July 2, 2013

I personally would be extremely upset if Eric meets the true death this season. I can guarantee not watching anymore. BUT this show is so far off the books, for a “true” FAN, of Charlaine Harris, It’s getting kind of hard to stomach the stupidity that goes on anyway… however, Skarsgard is HOT HOT HOT to look at and I personally think he does a good job on set as compared to his character in the Southern Vampire Mysteries.. “Team Eric”

KRay

Posted at 3:05 PM on July 8, 2013

100% agree!

Dominus Tortius Orbis

Posted at 7:16 PM on July 1, 2013

Eric has too much fandom around him. I myself was obsessively (and psychotically) in love with him until season 4. Though i’m over Eric, i’m not ready to see him go. He’s too pivotal a character, and the main antagonist of bill’s. if eric goes, bill will have to go too.
Alcide could be another to go, but i feel like he hasn’t received as much storyline as his ratings should suggest. it could also be pam, there’s not really much more to do with her, we know her story, eric released her, she’s really only there for tara now. Plus, the actress is visibly aging (not good for vampires). initially i was thinking jessica, but if she hooks up with a new guy mid-season, she’s probably going to stay (and she’s likely the main interest for our lesbian/hetero-male viewers). i’d say tara but she doesn’t quite seem important enough. lafayette’s death would kill me, but the lack of him in the first 3 episodes worries me.
jason has to stay if the whole love-triangle between the redhead and new character, wes is going to happen next season.
my money’s on Pam.

KRay

Posted at 3:06 PM on July 8, 2013

I think you may be right. Eric created Willa last night, so she will probably take Pam’s place.

truebieee

Posted at 5:14 AM on July 15, 2013

really good points. i thought lafeyette a couple times, but after choosing to keep his character at the end of season 1, i think they plan to keep him around. plus, with his new-found abilities, his character has a lot of potential.

i’m leaning more towards sam, even though i like his character. but after reading your thoughts about pam, that’s definitely a possibility too. as KRay mentioned, Willa adds a different element to the Pam/Eric conflict that’s been going on, if writers chose to kill off Pam.

Dae

Posted at 2:57 AM on July 16, 2013

Ugh dam DAM, you’re all right lol. I sooooooo didn’t give that Willa shyt much thought lol. That very well could mean tha end of Pam. But we know Eric would. Never do it he loves his Pam lol way more than Willa. She was just a convenient last ditch thought that popped in his head. But yea whoever it iz, it’s not happening until tha episode ” funeral” which iz like tha one after this one I believe.

Dae

Posted at 2:58 AM on July 16, 2013

Plus there’s tha Tara curse. Lol we as truebies know that everyone who gets with Tara ends up dead lol