Sasha Allen Should Have Made It To ‘The Voice’ Finale

Wed, June 12, 2013 11:41am EDT by 32 Comments
Courtesy of NBC

Linda Schwab Deutsch (@Liselinda)

Posted at 11:49 PM on July 29, 2013

I thought Michelle had the best voice, by far, as well as being a talented songwriter and artist from what I could see and hear on youtube. Can’t wait to buy her album when it comes out in September!

Jack Woodson

Posted at 3:37 PM on July 29, 2013

I not going to dispute Sasha’s talent. There were about 10 of the final 16 that I would not been surprised by their winning of which Sasha was one. What I’m annoyed with is how all three coaches who critiqued Sasha’s “I will always Love You” referred to it as Whitney’s song. Whitney sang it, but it was written and recorded and performed in a movie by another well known artist long before Whitney. Look it up.

My personal favorite, Sarah Simmons, every thing she sang was epic.

Renee

Posted at 6:08 PM on June 27, 2013

Sasha, Judith or Sarah Simmons should have won! Period

John

Posted at 10:27 AM on June 26, 2013

It’s true. This is a popularity contest that mostly kids and young adults vote on and Sasha was the least popular. But she was by far the best singer. Didn’t you notice Sasha’s coming home party compared to the other contestants? She didn’t have one. Just her and her kid and Andre 3000. No mayor gave her a key to the city. No awards, no pep-rallies. Just a modest underground concert. But that is who Sasha is. Modest, humble, and the best singer I have seen on the voice in 4 seasons.

Rob

Posted at 6:12 PM on June 19, 2013

What BLEW it for Sasha was when she went home to see her child…that was GOOD , but that spouse/boyfriend/lover or wharever…was super SCARY and should have not been profiled.

PS>>>Give it up Cher…You’re done like dinner….pathetic voice, hair was horrid and her body and outfit..well you know what I mean…if you don’t yuk!

Vic

Posted at 6:16 PM on June 19, 2013

Really? You would not vote for Sasha because of your judging of her fiancée?

reply to Vic

Posted at 11:32 PM on June 30, 2014

Get real. Of course that happens. When I saw the BF I thought the same thing – ugh, this is going to hurt her.

zyggie

Posted at 10:12 AM on June 19, 2013

I would like to know what the voting demographic was (teens, tweens, older, middle age) I would like to know where I might find those breakdowns?

Griffin

Posted at 5:48 PM on June 18, 2013

I dont think Allen is that good..just another singer – nothing special – you have to be special unless there is no one the contest that is that special. You have to really stand out to sell records!!!!

joe

Posted at 11:35 PM on June 17, 2013

I was upset and confused when judith was eliminated and now sasha? Amd the.swan bros stay? Thats just awful, they cant touch her voice.wise, not even close. I.wont even.bother watching anymore….they got it all.wrong this.year….i.guess too many hill billies in the US.

reply to Joe

Posted at 11:30 PM on June 30, 2014

Yep, too many hillbillies indeed.

Alice

Posted at 3:44 PM on June 16, 2013

Why isn’t anyone saying anything about Amber? Clearly a better voice than Sasha… Not to deny Sasha’s vocals, but no comparison in range. Sasha with all her hoopla covered some of her singing lacks. If Michelle wins it’s because she is “different”. I just jumped on to team Danielle. Rah

Arias

Posted at 7:26 AM on June 15, 2013

Danielle FTW.

Jen

Posted at 1:49 AM on June 15, 2013

I don’t think Danielle Bradbury is that special really. I don’t see why the judges are so twitterpated over her. I love Michelle.

CC

Posted at 8:24 PM on June 14, 2013

I think Michelle Chamuel is gonna take it. She’s just so freakin’ likable and people can’t get enough of her. I love the Swon brothers though. But I think and want Michelle to win.

Marcia

Posted at 11:44 AM on June 14, 2013

Wow the Voice got it ALL wrong this season…It seems like ALL THE GOOD SINGER WERE VOTED OFF, from Judith to Sasha.. and they kept the swan brothers and Michelle??????? I won’t be looking at show anymore..Who are these voters?????????????????

darrell

Posted at 8:38 PM on June 17, 2013

are you kidding everyone knows sasha clearly has a better voice better range and more diverse voice than amber not to say amber isn`t talented but lets be real

zyggie

Posted at 10:01 AM on June 19, 2013

Don’t know who the real voters are. The real singers ….seasoned singers who were examples of what the “Voice” use to be, were all sent packing. I think the show was rigged from the begining. The voting was off to me. The swam bros were a silly novility act yet they bet out real singers????
I stopped watching long ago but did read the headlines this morning. WOW!

Jessica

Posted at 9:47 PM on June 13, 2013

Like always America always go for their own race and not for the talent.

Vic

Posted at 10:01 PM on June 13, 2013

What is America’s “own race?” That doesn’t make sense. I’m guessing you mean Caucasian because the majority of Americans are Caucasian. However, if that is what you mean, you would still be incorrect. In the first two seasons of The Voice, the winners were both African American.

PJ

Posted at 11:42 AM on June 13, 2013

Well, when I saw that the Swon Brothers’ entire town came out in support of them, I predicted that they will be the winner. At this point it is all about the voting numbers. Let’s face it, they have the numbers, not to mention the fact that they were inducted into a some kind of hall of fame…really??? Greatly disappointed that Sasha didn’t advance to the finals and I won’t be watching any more this season.

maria lopes

Posted at 12:28 PM on June 13, 2013

i still remember karina iglesias!

zyggie

Posted at 10:07 AM on June 19, 2013

I remember Karina iglesias as well…Awesome “voice” should have stayed….not the swom bros.

zyggie

Posted at 10:03 AM on June 19, 2013

Wow, hall of fame, I did not know that because I stopped watching the show.
All I can say is “Really”.

Vic

Posted at 11:51 AM on June 19, 2013

The “hall of fame” mentioned by PJ above isn’t part of The Voice. The Swon Brothers received the Rising Star award from the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame. For what it’s worth, they both used to work there and Carrie Underwood, who initially was of American Idol fame, also received the same award in 2005.

I hope this helps,
Vic

ATurner

Posted at 2:18 AM on June 13, 2013

The fact that Sasha OR Amber OR Judith didnt make it to the finals is just pure RICIDULOUSNESS at it’s best! Clearly those three had the BEST voice. I may not watch next season…I just can’t get with this way of deciding the winner. The person with the best VOICE should win. That SHOULD HAVE BEEN SASHA ALLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Swan Brothers – what a joke!

Vic

Posted at 2:27 AM on June 13, 2013

Amber and Judith shot themselves in the foot, in my opinion. When Judith performed #thatpower, originally by will.i.am and Justin Bieber, I knew it was over. Same went for Amber when she performed Katy Perry’s Fireworks. I thought Sasha would move on though.

Vic

Posted at 12:15 PM on June 12, 2013

I was very, very surprised that Sasha Allen didn’t make it to the finale, but that The Swon Brothers did. I’ve been making predictions since the Live Rounds started and have been correct every single week, until this shocker.

I don’t know who I am pulling for more, Danielle or Michelle. Michelle’s music matches my tastes and preferences, but I admit her singing abilities aren’t as impressive as Danielle. However, Danielle’s performances are not even close to Michelle’s in terms of entertainment.

I would be happy with either of the two females winning.

(By the way, although I didn’t think The Swon Brothers would make it this far when I watched them in the Blind Auditions, I do commend them for doing so.)

abe

Posted at 12:04 PM on June 12, 2013

ofcourse………WHAT WAS THE PROBLEM?

zyggie

Posted at 11:53 AM on June 12, 2013

It appears that it is NOT about the voice anymore, it’s about gimmicks and emotionless presentations and blandness and a popularity contest. Maybe the name of the show should be changed?

Vic

Posted at 11:56 AM on June 12, 2013

Really? Danielle has an amazing voice with perfect pitch in every single performance. Michelle and The Swon Brothers’ performances are anything but “emotionless.” If this were a popularity contest, I don’t think Michelle would still be here.

Michelle fan

Posted at 3:00 PM on June 12, 2013

I wish she would have moved on too. I am still all in for Michelle, but having Sasha would have rounded out the genre’s. Sasha is a talented lady. Michelle is awesome in talent and what she stands for. The bottom line is no one “should have” moved on except the people who got the most votes…that’s how it works. I think the thing that turned me off of Sasha was stripping and borrowing Beyonce’s Super Bowl Outfit. She “shouldn’t have” done that then come back next week dressed like achurch choir girl….a bit confusing and seems just like sales tactics.