The designer is in the middle of taping an hour-long interview, making it his first TV interview after his racist rant and trip to rehab.
John Galliano is slowly making his way back into the spotlight and into the fashion world. The designer gave his first interview in over 2 1/2 years to Vanity Fair magazine, where he addressed his awful comments and trip to rehab. Now he’s scheduled to tell-all, yet again — and this time it will be on TV.
John Galliano’s TV Interview:
According to WWD, the designer is scheduled to sit down with Charlie Rose and he will be done filming on Wednesday, June 12. The interview, which will be an hour long, has not been given an air date. Galliano’s guardian angel, Oscar De La Renta, set up the interview and Galliano’s publicist, Liz Rosenberg, told WWD, “Charlie Rose has a very close relationship with Oscar – Oscar had been talking to John about the possibility of doing an interview with Charlie.”
Not only is Oscar helping him on his road to recovery, but he also invited him to work in his atelier leading up to fashion week. It sounds like Galliano is really trying to convey his remorse for his actions. “It seemed like a good platform for John to get his story across,” Rosenberg said to WWD.
Prior to the announcement of his televised interview, Galliano opened up in his first interview in 2 1/2 years in Vanity Fair, where he apologized for his crazy, anti-semitic rant and admitted that he has severe issues, even going so far as to say, “Even now I’m still learning every day how many people I hurt.” When he watched his rant he stated, “When I saw it, I threw up. The feeling was like I was about to take a step out onto the street and a bus or truck whoosed past me and the blood was drained from my legs. I was paralyzed from fear.”
Regardless of whether or not the world is ready to give Galliano a second chance we’re sure the television interview is definitely going to be very telling.