‘The Vampire Diaries': Delena’s ‘New Relationship’ & More Season 5 Scoop

Mon, June 10, 2013 1:30pm EDT by 146 Comments
Vampire Diaries Season 5
Courtesy of The CW

Andrea

Posted at 7:58 AM on July 6, 2013

Stefan & Elena are the real “true love” story. The one that lasts…hope to see them together at the end and in real life>>>

childagain

Posted at 4:03 PM on July 6, 2013

I respect your opinion, but I must say you can’t know what real love is only according to your life experience. I think you’re very young, like the majority of those who posted comments here.

Real love is not about safety and stability (like Stefan could offer to Elena). It could involve them, but not necessarily. Love which exists because the other person offers security and stability is only a conditional love, a compromise. On the other side, it’s right that the most relationships that stand are based on these, but that not mean love. The most relantionships are compromises, as I said, and there are about not standing alone, not being cheated, not being left alone – in a word: not to suffer.

But love, real love, is not at all about these; real love simply exists, beyond all reasonable motivations. You love the other person no matter of what he/she says or does; even if he/she hurts you. Even if he/she doesn’t offer you security, you can’t help loving him/her. It’s something deep and unconditional; mostly is not about “loving because”, but “loving in spite of”.
That’s a kind of love close to divine unconditional love; in a way, like Jesus loved us in spite of our sinns.

That’s why I say that love Damon and Elena share is closer to real love than the other. She loved her unconditionnally; even when she didn’t love him, even when she made him suffer. And he changed a lot for her; in order to worth her. On the other side, she also began to love him without even notice, naturally and with no possibility to stop herself; in spite of his ancient bad acts, and in spite of the fact his temper didn’t offer her any guarantees of stability. That’s a kind of love beyond reason, beyond comfort and commun rules; in a word – it’s “beyond’ no “because”; that’s why it’s real.

Sorry for the length of my speech :); but I love psychology and spiritual; and this movie has a lot of them (“spiritual” not meaning in this statement “supernatural”.)

shamsunisa

Posted at 6:11 PM on July 4, 2013

and i definitly want elena and damon to be a couple,they perfect together

shamsunisa button

Posted at 6:07 PM on July 4, 2013

oh my word!i so love vampire diaries and i certainly cant wait for season 5!!!

Marina

Posted at 7:38 AM on July 4, 2013

Damon and Elena are PERFECT COUPLE!

Iroda

Posted at 8:20 AM on July 3, 2013

I wanna that stephan and elena will be togather.

kevin

Posted at 6:26 PM on July 2, 2013

I love all of it can’t wait till season 5 is out but I’ll mis bonnie in this season didn’t think she deserved to die she was only trying to bring back a friend but anyway gonna mis her being so powerful.

Priya Bansal

Posted at 10:25 PM on July 3, 2013

She will still be regular as ghost

jayati

Posted at 8:31 AM on July 2, 2013

i wwanna c stefan and elena together…they made a truly cute couple.i miss d chemistry

ElinSwe

Posted at 10:04 AM on June 30, 2013

I want Stefan and Elena back together!! I love to watch him being concerned for her and their kisses and so on! They are the ones that should be together. Even though I enjoyed her fling with Damon.

Be2

Posted at 5:10 AM on June 30, 2013

Damon and Elena deserve to be happy after everything they have been through. They are the true love story of TVD.

shamsunisa

Posted at 6:14 PM on July 4, 2013

i have to say i totally agree!!!

milla

Posted at 5:05 AM on June 29, 2013

I don’t think Elena deserves either Stefan or Damon. I would rather them find someone else to be with. And not the same girl either!!!! Is anything sacred anymore. How disgusting? You’re jumping from one brother to the next. But I do like Klaus and Caroline. Now that I will watch if the writers don’t screw it up. I like that Klaus is getting his own show. His family is so much more interesting than the back and forth of who will Elena choose. Who cares? Its played out. MOVE ON. Maybe they can focus on other characters now, more history of the Bennetts.Lockwoods, and Forbes family. TVD acts like Stefan, Damon and Elena have the only history that needs to be talked about.

Jazz

Posted at 3:50 PM on June 28, 2013

Delena is gonna be really awkward with ian and nina breaking up :/

Ankit saha

Posted at 12:28 PM on June 28, 2013

I hope it does not end elina and demon as a coupal. All the twist and turns are good but elina and stepen are the best part.

Rhemmy

Posted at 5:17 AM on June 28, 2013

Delena??? Really! Oh please! Stelena all d way. I Really hope they get back together! I hate d fact dat she is now with damon… How can she just forget bout stefan just like dat.. Damon is Selfish. I mean For crying out loud at d end of d season 1 stefan gave everytin up for elena nd damon! His new life, His hummanity! I hate damon! D relationship betwn elena nd damon iS bound To fail! Damon should neva have taken elena from stefan! Stefan would neva ave done Dat!

Shauna

Posted at 9:02 PM on June 27, 2013

STELENA alllll the way! I REALLY don’t like Delena.. but I am all for Klaroline! They are super cute, and Stefan better come back! <3

jayati

Posted at 8:34 AM on July 2, 2013

i totally agree with you…the two true love i find here are klaroline and stelena….get them back Julie please…

susan

Posted at 3:27 PM on August 2, 2013

lol. klaroline and stelena true love, one isen’t even or never has been a couple, and caroline is still in love with taylor, and when it comes to stelena, meeting and falling in bed after a few episodes,, and one half falling slowly and madly in love with someone else, dosen’t make much of true love. Now a Love that had a slow journey over 4 years , until it could not be denied any longer, no matter how much they fought against it, because Elena was so afraid to admit her feelings, that is true Love. Now Klaroline could turn in to true love, as there journey continues, and she will see different qualities in klaus , just like elena did. Klaus and Damon have been hurt so much , that they have build a huge wall around themself, and only elena and caroline in Klauses case, seem to be able to break through it.

Nithala marshel

Posted at 5:08 AM on June 27, 2013

Im really excited about the baby,, kulaus would be confused, don’t know how will he react, Delena i don’t like them.. selena are the best

aileen

Posted at 6:46 AM on June 26, 2013

OK !! To all STELENA fans… You can go jump off mount everest !! To all DELENA and KLAROLINE fans… Just know that I adore you !! Your the best !! And to all people that hate TVD… You can go suck a black dick !! You disgust me !!

I just hope there would be more scenes of Delena and I hope Caroline and Klaus gets together !!

QuiinHaztyNarzizzta (@Hazty_Bingbing)

Posted at 9:37 PM on June 30, 2013

I worship Elena and demon ^^ and klaus and caroline also ..^^
even in real life ian and nina already broke up,I really sure that they still love each other :)

aileen

Posted at 6:04 AM on June 26, 2013

OMG… The season 4 finale was awesome !! Damon and Elena finally got together and I hope their relationship works out !! I think they are a very cute couple and Elena makes Damon a better person !!…. Klaroline is in the house !! OMG… Its great to see Klaus and Caroline together… They make me wanna hug a pillow !! I hope Caroline gives Klaus a chance because Tyler doesn’t actually suit her !!… Its a shame that Bonnie died !!… Jeremy is back on earth !!…. Stephan is Silas’ doppleganger… WOW !! That will put on quite a great show !!… I wish Alaric could came back to life as well !!…. So excited for season 5… Great job Julie Plec !! #TVD, #Delena, #Klaroline FORLYF !!

childagain

Posted at 7:12 PM on June 24, 2013

I wish Damon and Elena stay together in the end; even after an occasional separation. I think they’re the real example of true love, and not Stefan ans Elena.

lexkissoon

Posted at 2:42 AM on June 27, 2013

I think elena and damon r cute but stefan and elena were meant to be and we’ll c that in the future to com…..
(Hope)

Tamara

Posted at 9:32 AM on June 24, 2013

This show had better end up with Stefan & Elena, otherwise I have wasted precious time on this show! Just because Damon wants the girl, doesn’t mean it’s the best thing for the both of them. They don’t scream everlasting couple because as hot as their chemistry is, Damon isn’t Elena’s forever & vice versa no matter how much they may want that for now.

Samantha

Posted at 2:53 AM on June 24, 2013

I wished there was more to Caroline and Klaus but I actually exited about the baby

leo denis

Posted at 12:44 AM on June 24, 2013

I wish to see klaus and caroline having a relationship I love to see them together.

Cosmas

Posted at 3:43 PM on June 22, 2013

Elena and Damon mmmh thats nice,i hate it that Jeremy came back to life without Bonnie,i loved the part that Silas is Stefan’s double ganger Klaus is better off with Caroline,Kathrine’s human???i expected it would be Elena.Can’t wait for the fifth season keep up the good work,JULIE PLEC

Tia

Posted at 2:34 PM on June 25, 2013

It’s doppelgänger

Amber

Posted at 7:29 PM on June 21, 2013

omg im so excited to see how this damon and elena work out…i have been rooting for him all along !! all for team bad guy lol there is a such thing as too perfect and i think damon will be great for her..

kaelah

Posted at 12:10 AM on July 2, 2013

i know i have to

shamsunisa

Posted at 6:20 PM on July 4, 2013

i dont know why people like stephan more than they like damon,damon and elena are a match made in heavan.and hes sexy

Esther

Posted at 11:30 AM on July 5, 2013

HE SURE IS SEXY!!

ana

Posted at 5:46 PM on June 21, 2013

I dont think it will work out for elena and damon , i wished stefan and elena were still together after all theyve been through she wouldve been better off with stefan but lets see what happens with this ”new relationship” >:(

kaelah

Posted at 12:13 AM on July 2, 2013

i think Damon and Elena will have a great relationship all those romantic moments its called cemastry

kevin

Posted at 9:16 AM on June 21, 2013

Jeremy is alive so bonnie is good…stephen is a double ganger…wonder if his double ganger is inluv with kathrine…tyler is useless…klause,caroline and stephen should hav a luv triangle…delena are doomed…a human kathrine mins nytmares for me

Jennie

Posted at 4:04 PM on June 27, 2013

“Kevin”- Based upon your grammatical and punctuational ignorance, I feel it is safe it to say that you sir are an idiot.

era

Posted at 8:32 AM on July 1, 2013

hey jennie what have you written here? i mean first look at your comment. You have done mistakes too

kaelah

Posted at 12:15 AM on July 2, 2013

stefin Damon and Elena have a love triangle Damon loves Elana loves stefin and there brothers da da !!!!!!!!!!1