‘Switched At Birth': Vanessa Marano Previews Bay & Ty’s Intense Reunion

Mon, June 10, 2013 10:00am EDT by 63 Comments
Switched At Birth Bay Ty
Courtesy of ABC Family

Will Ty’s return crush any hope for a Bay-Emmett reunion? Vanessa gives HollywoodLife.com the scoop!

Switched At Birth returns with all-new episodes June 10, and if there’s one word to describe Bay’s upcoming relationship drama, it would definitely be “Love Is A Battlefield.” Ty (Blair Redford) returns from the Army, and while Bay is happy to see him, Vanessa Marano tells HollywoodLife.com to expect major “complications.”

“He’s coming back from war, and usually when people are coming back from war — especially in this TV world in which we live — they’re a little bit tougher than they were,” she says. “[Bay and Ty] want to try to pick up where they left off, but they can’t, because he doesn’t want to burden her with all the emotions he’s feeling.”

Still, Vanessa’s really excited to have Blair back on set.

“This was one of the great relationships of the series, especially for Bay,” she says. “It was one of her first serious boyfriends. She almost gave her virginity to this guy; she really loves him!”

Exploring Bay & Emmett’s Potential Future

Fans hoping to see Bay and Emmett (Sean Berdy) rekindle their romance in this new batch of episodes will probably be disappointed, as Ty’s a pretty major roadblock in that process.

“Ty came before Emmett, so Emmett better be freaking out,” Vanessa tells me. “If anyone could give Emmett a run for his money, it’s Ty.”

That said, we will get some pretty epic Bay-Emmett scenes in a future episode that takes place in an alternate reality.

“We have a ‘what if’ episode coming up where we see what would have happened if Regina had told the Kennishes about the switch right away,” Vanessa reveals. “We explore Bay and Emmett’s relationship through that — like, what would have happened if the hadn’t met through Daphne?”

HollywoodLifers, are you happy to have Ty back in the fold, or are you still holding out hope for Bay and Emmett to reunite? Drop a comment with your thoughts and predictions below!

— Andy Swift

More ‘Switched At Birth':

1. 15 Must-Watch Summer TV Shows
  2. ‘Switched At Birth’ Stars Talk Angelo’s Baby, Daphne’s New Boy & More
  3. ‘Switched At Birth’ Finale: Bay’s Moment With Emmett & More Scoop

Byorkey

Posted at 9:11 PM on October 23, 2013

I think Emmett really should finally get his wish and get Daphne and I think he ruined things with Bay and her character seems to be very level headed and it would ruin her character by getting back with him. Ty says he cheated just so she could move on while he’s gone to war which makes him the better faithful guy to lose Bays virginity too but I am disappointed the season left it with Bay believing Ty cheated and I hope he comes back and Bay and Ty are back together. I just never felt Bay and Emmett were right since the series started off with Emmett loving daphne. It almost made me feel Bay was 2nd best and Emmett was desperate for someone. Didn’t see the connection there. Not like Bay and Ty!!!

kathleen07athy

Posted at 9:39 PM on October 1, 2013

Ty and Bay, all the way. Emmett and Ty have no real chemistry, more like a long lived “re-bound” connection. The character of Emmett is kind of lazy, comes across gay, and is not driven at all. Plus he cheated on Bay, what girl with any self-respect would go back to a cheating loser.

Crystal

Posted at 10:34 PM on September 15, 2013

BAY AND EMMETT! Cannot stand them not being together.

Cherkf

Posted at 10:50 AM on August 28, 2013

I couldn’t bare to watch the show anymore if it’s not Ty & Bay

Kat

Posted at 11:26 AM on August 27, 2013

OMG I’m dying… I keep waiting for bay and emmett to get back together!!! I don’t want Ty to come back! Haha

Fikisha Broadnax

Posted at 11:46 AM on August 27, 2013

I have to agree that Bay and Emmett are the better match and as we saw in Episode 15 about what if the girls were raised together Bay Emmett would have ended up together anyway. Who does she run to when she needs to talk Emmett. It will always be Emmett.

sadieram

Posted at 2:42 PM on August 20, 2013

Bay and Ty have such great chemistry! I like Emmett a lot but I think he is better suited for Daphne. I have been hooked on Bay and Ty since day one. And patiently awaited his return and it finally happened. Yay!!! Their romance this summer was awesome and he better be back in January or else!

Fikisha Broadnax

Posted at 1:14 AM on August 21, 2013

I have to disagree. From the moment that Bay and Emmett met it was different. Ty I think became a crush of convience because of everything that happened. I have a feeling that Bay and Emmett will have a second chance but not with out a few bumps in the road.

kleolein

Posted at 5:20 AM on August 9, 2013

I’m addicted to the show. But there is one reason – Emmett and Bay. I kept hoping that they will get back together each episode I watched. But seriously – I am giving up pretty soon. I don’t know if I can stand watching it anymore if they don’t get back together!!!

Ty and Bay don’t fit – they are cute to each other, but it seems like they don’t belong to each other. There’s no chemistry. I’m always waiting for them to finally realise, that they don’t belong. They have NOTHING in common. Bay and Emmett do and I’d love to see them finally make it work!!!

Fikisha Broadnax

Posted at 5:04 PM on August 8, 2013

I am hoping to see Bay and Emmett get back together. For me at least they are the better match. If that for what ever reason doesn’t happen then they need to bring someone on who the fans can love just as much as a new love interest for Emmett. I think this will definately in one way or another get Bay to rethink her choices. I think she is afraid that Emmett will hurt her again. Remember she admitted her love for Emmett, but has she admitted to Ty yet? To be continued…BAY AND EMMETT ALL THE WAY!!!!

Chickerry

Posted at 3:50 PM on August 8, 2013

EMMETT AND BAY ALL THE WAY!!!!

Sam

Posted at 1:54 PM on August 5, 2013

BAY AND EMMITT NEED TO GET BACK TOGETHER!! THE WERE THE CUTEST COUPLE EVER AND IF THEY DONT GET BACK TOGETHER THE SHOW IS GOING TO LOSE A LOT OF VIEWERS!! DOWN WITH TY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT WATCHING ANYMORE IF THEY DONT GET BACK TOGETHER

jenniffer bobbe

Posted at 2:05 AM on July 30, 2013

i have gotten like fifty people to say that they will quit watching if emmett and bay dont get back together

jenniffer bobbe

Posted at 2:01 AM on July 30, 2013

i dont want ty to come back bc emmett and bay need to be together they are much better together

Anon

Posted at 7:55 PM on July 25, 2013

Bay and Ty

pamela

Posted at 9:52 PM on July 24, 2013

Ty and Bay are great together. I never liked her with Emmett

Anonymous

Posted at 6:08 PM on July 23, 2013

If bay and emmet don’t get back together I’m done with the series. Team E-bay <3

Cezza

Posted at 10:06 AM on July 21, 2013

Bay and emmett have to get back together would be such a let down if they don’t :( only reason I’m still hooked to watch them get back together

livy

Posted at 9:03 PM on July 22, 2013

i agree, im all e-bay, what would you even call bay and ty? by, or tay? Emmett and bay just had that connection that you only ever see when two people really love each other. and didn’t bay say that they could survive anything? now she is making herself a liar! no fair. and if they do not get back together, I think I will stop watching. its just not fair.

krista

Posted at 3:26 AM on July 20, 2013

i really love emmett!! I wish they could work it out, it was a epic romance :( thats the reason i still watch,,, so sad

Blair

Posted at 3:59 PM on July 17, 2013

I love TY!! I hope he stays!!!! I feel like they are a much better match. Emmett ruined his chance..

Katie

Posted at 10:39 PM on July 16, 2013

Bay and Emmett should be together!! I’m so upset she lost it to Ty. Not feeling like watching anymore…

c.riet

Posted at 5:42 PM on July 16, 2013

Bay and Emmett have to get back together they are the only reason I still wanted to watch it but now I´m not so sure anymore

cody pawelski

Posted at 12:51 PM on July 14, 2013

i think ty is damn sexy but i want emmett and bay back toghether they are great couple so cute together bring back bay and emmett back toghether plz

Katie

Posted at 5:40 AM on July 14, 2013

I like Ty, but emmet and bay belong to each other ……….in the episode eco mono even if regina switched the girls back emmet an bay still met and got together plus in season 1 she said that emmet was the only one who got her and understanded her an her art.

Miranda

Posted at 12:02 PM on July 13, 2013

I just realised, the only reason why I watch this show is because of Bay and Emmett! I know Emmett made a mistake but they are just so perfect for eachother. Sorry Ty.

Victoria

Posted at 1:51 PM on July 12, 2013

Bay and Emmett all the way!!!!

kristen

Posted at 12:08 AM on July 6, 2013

I would love TY to stay!!! I don’t really want him to leave the series again. Daphne’s always the one who gets the guys and Bay is the serious type now so I would really like it if the handsome Ty would be there for her…

hailea

Posted at 1:23 AM on December 14, 2013

yeah that’s true there such a perfect couple well that’s what I think also I am a big fan

yawna

Posted at 5:00 PM on December 27, 2013

Thalied so if he died she would not be crushed i mt is so true and the only reason why she might even cunseder going back to Emmet is because she thinks try slept with that army chick!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and Tryactually cares aa lot for her if people could not tellheb