‘Switched At Birth': Vanessa Marano Previews Bay & Ty’s Intense Reunion

Mon, June 10, 2013 10:00am EST by 64 Comments
Switched At Birth Bay Ty
Courtesy of ABC Family

Will Ty’s return crush any hope for a Bay-Emmett reunion? Vanessa gives HollywoodLife.com the scoop!

Switched At Birth returns with all-new episodes June 10, and if there’s one word to describe Bay’s upcoming relationship drama, it would definitely be “Love Is A Battlefield.” Ty (Blair Redford) returns from the Army, and while Bay is happy to see him, Vanessa Marano tells HollywoodLife.com to expect major “complications.”

“He’s coming back from war, and usually when people are coming back from war — especially in this TV world in which we live — they’re a little bit tougher than they were,” she says. “[Bay and Ty] want to try to pick up where they left off, but they can’t, because he doesn’t want to burden her with all the emotions he’s feeling.”

Still, Vanessa’s really excited to have Blair back on set.

“This was one of the great relationships of the series, especially for Bay,” she says. “It was one of her first serious boyfriends. She almost gave her virginity to this guy; she really loves him!”

Exploring Bay & Emmett’s Potential Future

Fans hoping to see Bay and Emmett (Sean Berdy) rekindle their romance in this new batch of episodes will probably be disappointed, as Ty’s a pretty major roadblock in that process.

“Ty came before Emmett, so Emmett better be freaking out,” Vanessa tells me. “If anyone could give Emmett a run for his money, it’s Ty.”

That said, we will get some pretty epic Bay-Emmett scenes in a future episode that takes place in an alternate reality.

“We have a ‘what if’ episode coming up where we see what would have happened if Regina had told the Kennishes about the switch right away,” Vanessa reveals. “We explore Bay and Emmett’s relationship through that — like, what would have happened if the hadn’t met through Daphne?”

HollywoodLifers, are you happy to have Ty back in the fold, or are you still holding out hope for Bay and Emmett to reunite? Drop a comment with your thoughts and predictions below!

— Andy Swift

More ‘Switched At Birth':

1. 15 Must-Watch Summer TV Shows
  2. ‘Switched At Birth’ Stars Talk Angelo’s Baby, Daphne’s New Boy & More
  3. ‘Switched At Birth’ Finale: Bay’s Moment With Emmett & More Scoop

Firefly

Posted at 4:06 PM on July 2, 2013

I would love to see Bay and Emmett back together…. watching her with Ty is nowhere as intense as it was with beautiful, kind, charismatic and lovely Emmett….. They belong together, they have an amazing chemistry and complement each other perfectly. So please bring them back!!! I believe they deserve a second chance, since LOVE conquers all, doesn’t it? Therefore forgiveness towards a kind and contrite heart should be considered!!

mcr

Posted at 8:39 PM on July 2, 2013

NO WAY!!!! BAY AND TY R SOOO MUCH BETTER TOGETHER! THEY HAVE HISTORY BUT EMMETT AND BAY DONT KNOW EACHOTHER AS WELL AS BAY AND TY DO!!! TAY FOREVER!!!

MEvans

Posted at 6:22 AM on July 2, 2013

I HAVE to see Bay and Emmett get back together!!

Miria

Posted at 10:20 PM on June 29, 2013

I really liked Bay and Emett, they seemed to fit really well. He was really sweet and a great shoulder. However, I loved Ty and Bay. Not sure if Bay and Emett will get back together, but if they don’t, I really want him to find someone. As for Bay and Ty, do to his story line, I think these too have to be together for now. Will they stay together? Don’t know, but I’m excited to see my fave relationship evolve after Ty’s tour.

Mallory

Posted at 4:25 PM on June 26, 2013

FIGHT EMMETT!!!!!! BAY IS YOURS!! Can’t you tell I’m a Emmett and Bay fan?? lol! Seriously they better get back together or I’ll die!

Janessa

Posted at 6:39 PM on July 4, 2013

Lol you sound like me!!!

Truth

Posted at 7:00 PM on June 25, 2013

Bay and Emmett. Its the whole reason I love this show.

Hettike

Posted at 8:16 AM on June 24, 2013

Bay & Emmett ForEver

Vivian

Posted at 10:30 AM on June 21, 2013

Bay and ty!!!!!!!!!

agypsyslife

Posted at 9:41 AM on June 19, 2013

I really really really love Bay and Emmett. He made a mistake yea. But together they were magic. They deserve another chance for sure.

Steff

Posted at 2:13 PM on June 18, 2013

I think it should be Ty and Bay together because of what Emmett did to her. I just think Ty is better for her than Emmett. I hope they do not make Emmett and Bay get back together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enchantedly (@enchantedly17)

Posted at 11:20 AM on June 18, 2013

From the start I loved Bay and Ty. Though with Bay and Emmett I did love them together but the whole cheating thing sailed my love for the couple. The thing is I always thought of Emmett as a guy who would never hurt Bay. I know everyone makes mistakes but that was a pretty big one and it hurt Bay a lot. I’m looking at this in Bay’s point of view and I think she’s making the right decision for herself to not go back to Emmett. Though I believe that Emmett should be given a chance to be forgiven and also move on from what happened. Hopefully they stay friends.
I’m happy to see Ty back again. I’m so excited for what will happen to Bay and Ty. Though I know it’s going to be a bumpy road but that’s what’s exciting about it. I think the SAB plot line is going to an interesting turn :)

shalonda

Posted at 9:27 AM on June 18, 2013

I hope bay and emmett get back together I loved when bay and emmett was together i think they are good together hopefully they get back together…..

Vicki

Posted at 1:15 AM on June 18, 2013

Bay n Emmett..Emmett understood Bay and they connected with each other. I hope to see them back together.

Gena

Posted at 1:13 AM on June 18, 2013

I hope to see Bay and Emmett

chas

Posted at 1:03 AM on June 18, 2013

Bay and Ty all the way!

Kate

Posted at 11:48 PM on June 17, 2013

I really liked bay and emmet together, but I think that ship has sailed. Bay and Ty should definitely end up together!

barb

Posted at 11:45 PM on June 17, 2013

Bay and Emmett forever

jessie

Posted at 7:05 AM on June 16, 2013

More Bay and Ty. :D

keke

Posted at 9:43 PM on June 14, 2013

I still got hopes foe bay and emmett plzz…..

Tamara

Posted at 5:43 AM on June 12, 2013

When he cheated on Bay, Emmett gave a part of himself to another girl. I don’t think that this relationship should go on after this. It would be built on uncertainty…

Esther

Posted at 12:29 PM on June 11, 2013

More Bay and Ty. I would like to c them both together!!

Tina G.

Posted at 11:18 PM on June 10, 2013

I loved the Bay-Ty budding romance in s. 1. I wish it had been explored thoroughly that time even if Blair Redford couldn’t be in every episode. She’s been with other guys since he left, esp. with Emmett, who cheated on her but still seems a better fit for her in age and personality. I want a Daphne-Ty romance instead.

sabrina

Posted at 9:22 PM on June 10, 2013

I really want bay and Emmett together again yes he made a mistake but who don’t bay I hope u can look past it and forgive Emmett and give him another chance if u could forgive regina for yelling at u then y not forgive emmeett I know its not nearly the same but I hope and pray that Emmett and bay get back together.

Samantha

Posted at 7:34 PM on June 10, 2013

I am hoping for bay and emmett to reunite they were a really good couple and they shouldn’t have broken up I hope bay moves past that.

jessa