‘Game Of Thrones’ Season Finale Recap: Daenerys Claims A New Title

Sun, June 9, 2013 10:55pm EDT by 15 Comments
Game Of Thrones Season Finale
Courtesy of HBO

Sarah

Posted at 12:15 AM on June 12, 2013

I liked all of the hints at what’s in store for the characters, Arya definitely seems like she may go down a dark path. During the long wait to see the new season, I’m going to be re-watching this previous season with my DISH Hopper. With my late work shift at DISH, I always record seasons of shows. The 2,000 hours of storage space, leaves me with enough space to keep some of my favorite seasons, without worrying about running out of room for new shows.

Guest

Posted at 8:43 AM on June 10, 2013

I hate this show now, nobody left to root for. The author can take a leap off a short pier.

smiley4better

Posted at 7:55 AM on June 10, 2013

Reblogged this on Smiley for better ( new day, new life…. new beginning).

Rich

Posted at 7:50 AM on June 10, 2013

Much better ending would’ve been having The Brotherhood find Catelyn’s body after it’s been floating in the river for a few days.

abe

Posted at 1:42 AM on June 10, 2013

…….sell your home.

RebeccaFuqua (@rebeccafuqua12)

Posted at 5:28 AM on June 10, 2013

my buddy’s mother makes $76/hour on the internet. She has been without work for nine months but last month her check was $12774 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read more on this site… Can99.c­om

incaunipocrit

Posted at 1:15 AM on June 10, 2013

Reblogged this on The Blogspaper.

Douglas Ford

Posted at 11:45 PM on June 9, 2013

I’m not disappointed, this series has a large story to tell, and every episode has another piece of the puzzle to tell. Almost every episode is crazy climatic, it’s om if they end it with some happiness.

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:47 PM on June 9, 2013

That’s a good way to look at it, too. I guess last week’s episode made me super-greedy. This was a good episode; I just expected more from a finale.

Mylanqolia

Posted at 12:18 AM on June 10, 2013

Well said. This last scene presents the opposite of darkness and death (Thanatos). There’s also light, life (Eros) and hope embodied by the “Mother”. That’s a very philosophical way of comparing the completely different episode endings.

sam

Posted at 11:32 PM on June 9, 2013

OK…..Bit dissapointed by the finale esp after last weeks red wedding and having read the book expected a whole lot of bang for the last episode. In short 5 more harrowing deaths and one spectacular twist end at the end. oh well, they had to waste time on theon greyjoy and the bastard bolton…..and a subpar finale to the sack of yunkai as the icing(really thats fit for a finale vs the book ending?). In all essence last weeks episode would have made a better finale if you are not going to be true to the book.

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:35 PM on June 9, 2013

I completely agree. I haven’t read the books — I know, I need to — but even as just a viewer, I knew the Red Wedding would have made a killer season finale.

Now all people will be talking about for an entire year is how lame the ending was. :-/

JaI

Posted at 11:09 PM on June 9, 2013

Wasn’t her first kill. She killed that boy in Season 1 when she was escaping. It’s the first ‘man’ she killed.

Andy Swift

Posted at 11:17 PM on June 9, 2013

You are correct. Fixed!

Queyak

Posted at 11:28 PM on June 9, 2013

That was unintentional and we are not sure he died, this one is done intentionally and she manipulates the situation in order to make it happen. Big difference, tonight was her first kill.