‘America’s Got Talent’: Anna Christine Stuns The Judges On Season Premiere

Wed, June 5, 2013 12:52am EST by 12 Comments
America's Got Talent Anna Christine
Courtesy of NBC

New year, new talent, and some new faces on the judges panel — is this ‘American Idol’? No, it’s ‘America’s Got Talent.’ The hit show returned for its eighth season and didn’t disappoint in any way.

Nick Cannon and the gang are back! The June 4 season premiere of America’s Got Talent brought out America’s best, and we can’t wait to see what this season has in store.

Sharon’s Out & Heidi Klum & Mel B Are In!

After Sharon Osbourne announced she was not returning for the hit reality show’s eighth season, the search was on for a new judge. We were over the moon when former Spice Girl Mel B (aka Scary Spice) signed on for the judges panel. However, we got a double dose of girl power when Project Runway host Heidi Klum also signed on to sit with Howard Stern, Howie Mandel, and newbie Mel B.

The Top 5 Performances From The Season Premiere

5. David Weathers: The Snake Handler

In the first act of the night, David literally scared us half to death with his rally with a live rattlesnake! With the audience holding its breath, David circled the snake while simultaneously blowing up a balloon. At first, we were confused as to what the meaning behind the balloon was, but then…POP! The rattlesnake launched and popped the balloon, just inches from David’s face. Whew, that was close!

4. Marty Brown: The Country Crooning Carpenter

This ordinary guy in a cowboy hat and a guitar seemed liked he would be easily forgettable, but raw talent proved us wrong. The 47-year-old carpenter from Kentucky stole our hearts as he sang Bob Dylan’s “Make You Feel My Love” to his adorable wife backstage. Howard told Marty he was a “great, undiscovered talent” and Howie vowed to not judge a book by its cover ever again.

3. Angela Hoover: The Hilarious Impressionist

Making an audience laugh is one of the hardest tasks for a wannabe comedian to do. But for 42-year-old stay-at-home mom Angela, this was a breeze. The stand-up comedian did gut-busting impressions of Drew Barrymore, Celine Dion and Kristin Chenowith that made you swear they were in the room. Howie called her an “excellent, perfect impressionist” and Howard gave her a standing ovation. Wonder if she’ll ever do a Heidi or Scary Spice impression?

2. Catapult Entertainment: The Coolest Thing You’ve Never Seen

In one of the most original and innovative acts to ever grace the America’s Got Talent stage, Catapult Entertainment combines illusion and body magic to wow you. The group of dancers worked together and used their bodies and shadows to create objects — from a mountain, to a helicopter, to a house! This almost unexplainable talent suspended our disbelief and we loved every second of this new artistry. You know you’ve got talent when Howard Stern bows down to you — and that he did to Catapult.

1. Anna Christine: The Girl With A Voice Beyond Her Years

This 10-year-old girl from Henderson, Nevada, may seem like another ordinary child singer but Anna Christine literally floored us with her flawless rendition of The Animals‘ “House of the Rising Sun.” Not only does she sing — with a voice that everyone could only dream of having — but she’s also a double threat on the piano! Mel B was amazed at this singing wonder and boldly stated, “You have depth, and you can’t teach somebody depth.” Howard even exclaimed that they’d found a “superstar.” We agree with Howard and we can’t wait to see what she sings next.

These top talents are headed to Las Vegas and the reality competition series will broadcast live from Radio City Music Hall in New York City starting July 23.

HollywoodLifers, what did YOU think of the season premiere of America’s Got Talent? Did YOU like Heidi and Mel B? Who was your favorite talent? Let us know what YOU think in the comments below!

WATCH: Host Nick Cannon Introduces ‘America’s Got Talent’ Season 8

– Avery Thompson

More Recent TV Recaps:

1. ‘The Voice’ Recap: Cassadee Pope Returns, [Spoiler] Is Eliminated
  2. ‘Awkward’ Recap: Jenna Tries To Fight Her Crush On Collin
  3. ‘Teen Wolf’ Season Premiere Recap: New Alphas Raise Hell In Beacon Hills

quit smoking with electronic cigarettes

Posted at 3:32 AM on August 24, 2014

What’s Taking place i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It
positively useful and it has helped me out loads.
I am hoping to contribute & aid different customers like its helped
me. Good job.

best electronic cigarette uk

Posted at 7:49 PM on April 17, 2014

Great website you have here but I was curious if you knew of any message boards that cover the same topics discussed here?

I’d really like to be a part of community where I can get comments from other experienced individuals that share the same interest.
If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

noticias

Posted at 8:28 PM on July 15, 2013

Excellent beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a blog site?
The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been a
little bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright
clear idea

richard40

Posted at 11:26 PM on June 7, 2013

Great show. One of the best AGT episodes ever. In addition to your top 5, I would add Special head, a very good, but also very wierd, magic/illusion/levitation.

Wanda Little

Posted at 4:41 PM on June 6, 2013

My favorite show of all time! Last night show was fabulous! Anna Christine stole the show and i had to rewind five times just for her performance. They should just sign her up right now to give the others a chance! Great job!

aussiegirl

Posted at 12:52 AM on June 6, 2013

I just watched this and agree with most of the top 5 except I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED singing in the rain. Didn’t like the snake handler at all. Anne Christine stole the show. She was fabulous.

Valerie

Posted at 4:08 PM on June 5, 2013

AGT was wonderful. I know you have to have the freaks on there too, but my goodness.MAO?Why did you waste your time and ours with that one?The Snake handler is definitely not a million dollar candidate either.Loved Angela hoover. I love watching Heidi and Mel B bounce things off of each other in a wonderfully friendly way!

literally?

Posted at 3:19 PM on June 5, 2013

Literally? Literally scared us half to death? Literally floored us? I can’t believe this writer literally doesn’t know the meaning of the word literally.

Radteach

Posted at 2:02 PM on June 5, 2013

Marty Brown’s performance was truly genuine and emotional. Can’t wait to hear more from him….love his music!

Nosgoth1979

Posted at 10:35 AM on June 5, 2013

There was actually a lot to like about the premiere of America’s Got Talent last night. But honestly, even if there hadn’t been, Anna Christine would have made it worth it by herself! I worked a bit late at DISH last night so I actually missed the premiere as it aired, but I caught up to it late last night. I love having the DISH Hopper because while I’m going from room to room doing my nightly routine (some cleaning, getting the kids ready for bed, etc.), I can pause my show and pick it up in the exact same spot in any of the four rooms we have TV in.

Al Kingham

Posted at 1:49 AM on June 5, 2013

Anna you are amazing…your beyond your age…

Vicente E. Kurland (@VicenteEKurland)

Posted at 5:33 AM on June 5, 2013

as Randall implied I cannot believe that a student able to make $4084 in four weeks on the internet. have you seen this link… Can99.c­om