‘Secret Life’ Series Finale Recap: Did Amy & Ricky Finally Get Married?

Mon, June 3, 2013 10:59pm EDT by 171 Comments 22,406 Article Views
Secret Life Series Finale
Courtesy of ABC Family

Smart

Posted at 5:33 PM on October 31, 2013

More than!!!

Mary

Posted at 5:10 PM on October 30, 2013

I loved the season absolutley hated the finale. I cannot believe writers ended it like that! There doesnt have to be a season 6 just another episode the finale left me more upset than ever I was ready to buy all the seasons on dvd until the finale. It left me angry and I have never been so mad at a tv show in my life. I just need another episode maybe like a 4 years later episode when they are all done with college and I need to see Amy and Ricky end up together I wasted so much of my time hoping they would end up together! And if they didnt want to get married right then okay, and they wanted to wait okay, they were still really young but to make the finale like that is just more upsetting than I could have ever imagined a show to be. Please make another episode tie up all the loose ends its understandable if they dont want to do another season. I really loved this show the finale ruined everything about it, and I am so dissapointed.

Bella

Posted at 10:06 AM on October 13, 2013

I think people forget that Television is a way to get away from the realism of life. I mean the whole show was pretty unrealistic. I mean come one. Yes she got pregnant, by a jerk ( realistic), but then another guy comes along and gives up his life for her and that is all cute but realistically do you know anyone who would do that?if you do than you’re lucky. The most unrealistic part of the whole thing was the LOVE part because no 15 – 17/18 year ld is looking for ‘the right guy’ or the one who will be their life partner. I mean you’re just a teenager and starting to like guys. I know i’m not looking for my life partner as a teenager. I loved the show but found it a bit draining after a while and Amy started to annoy me and Ben to. Ricky and Amy were in love it was just that AMy was too selfish to think about anyone else but herself and what suited her life. Your could see in the end Ricky really loved her and wanted to marry her. I found the show ended the way it started pointless. it didn’t change my life just made me think wow i wasted like a month or so watching this and it didn’t change my life one bit. I found it stupid and was disappointed with the ending. sometimes it’s nice to see people fall in love and get married. I for one think that they never should have got engaged they should have ended with a part that showed the future and maybe after college and stuff then they get married. but it should have ended with them still together and maybe him moving to New york with her and they be a family. That’s just what I thought.

Hallie Charlton

Posted at 8:34 AM on October 13, 2013

I abosolutely loved The Secret Life Of The American Teenager , i had been waiting the whole series for Amy and Ricky to get together and raise they’re son together , i wish they had of gotten married in the end and stayed happily ever after , the last episode was so sad :( i was really dissapointed in the way it ended. After everything they have been threw they should have stayed together! The show was so amazing until i watched the last episode :( i hope it continues though , i hope a seaon 6 will be made !!!! Amy was such a selfish character , after everything Ricky sacrifised for Amy :( George was such a hilarious character me and my sister cracked up laughing whenever he were around. I just finished watching the whole series today and now i have nothing to do with my life , that show was too good to end , i loved it i just wish the ending was really a ”happily ever after” .

lyza

Posted at 1:13 AM on October 6, 2013

Loved the show so much… was hoping Amy would have lightened up and realized what an amazing man she had… would have been a more enjoyable ending for the viewers… TV is an escape.. nothing wrong with giving us a happy ending after years of watching… (even if that’s not always realistic… sometimes it’s just nice to have your heart warmed)… loved the series… wish there would have been a more happy ending… that’s all..

Sarah

Posted at 8:33 PM on September 23, 2013

Just finished the series and I have to say that I thought the ending was very realistic. Amy was selfish throughout the series and she was at the end too. She was spoiled and used Ben then Ricky. Ricky deserved better than Amy. He started out a jerk but turned into a wonderful guy and a wonderful father. He deserved someone like Clementine who truly loved him. They weren’t in love. Why in the world does everyone think they should be married? Jack didn’t deserve Grace as many times as he cheated on her and she wasn’t happy. No need to keep them together. Adrien finally learned to love someone and as much as everyone spouts off about her being the bad girl, I liked Adrien. She got angry and did stupid things but she was real. She owned up to her mistakes and told the truth, most of the time. She was a great character and she grew as a person throughout the series. She deserved happiness. Ben deserved to be alone. He was a freaking psychopath stalker. By the end, it was getting super creepy. He was spoiled and selfish too and needed to grow up and move on and stop trying to wreck a family. He didn’t deserve to get the girl. He was super unmotivated and was planning to live off his father and spend tons of money to go to a college for a girl who said she didn’t want him. Get real, a dorm and an apartment…ridiculous! This show wasn’t a fairy tale. If you wanted everyone to have a happy ending then watch Cinderella. This was more true to real life and the facts are most 18-19 year olds are not going to marry their high school sweetheart and live happily ever after even if they had a baby.

shatn

Posted at 9:13 AM on September 18, 2013

I hate the ending….it sucks……amy should be with ricky……and adrian with ben ….y neonatal death….it was horrible…to watch

shana

Posted at 8:21 PM on September 17, 2013

Omfg that is so not fair…u guys shud really ave another episode or another season…amy nd ricky shud be married after all wat they’ve been thru gosh man…no good…how u expect ppl to watch anotherr show with such a terrible ending

Learn to type

Posted at 9:28 PM on October 9, 2013

Learn how to spell.
That’s all
Have a good day:)

Débora

Posted at 12:27 AM on September 16, 2013

I hate this final. òo I hope so much more. URGH! Upset brasilian fan here’s.

Annie

Posted at 11:29 AM on September 9, 2013

I loved this series… Pathetically so :3 … but if it was real life .. Amy is so selfish! I like Ricky :) (If it was real) He’d make a fab dad .. I’d of married him had I been Amy! …. ;)

Jennifer

Posted at 1:21 AM on September 9, 2013

Its was good but hated how amy acted she justs thinks of herself after everthing ricky did for her she wanna try him and all that cry cus she loves him blah blah blah, she will regret it she is so bossy

Isabell

Posted at 11:07 PM on September 8, 2013

i must say this was THE WORST FINALE EVER. i was so dissapointed i have been watching this show since the very beggining! i was so ticked amy has changed her mind so many times and it’s so irritating ricky deserves better ans so does john! ugh they should done a last 5 minute thing where they skip 5 ears ahead like in one tree hill, gossip girl,etc. i mean they didn’t even show them graduate! come on abc family 5 stars down.

jasmine

Posted at 8:30 PM on August 31, 2013

This is really a terrible finale am reading up here! Thank God I didn’t waste my precious time watching the last episode. Amy and rickey deserve to be together as a family for john at most. Bad! Bad!! Bad!!!

nixole

Posted at 3:18 AM on August 28, 2013

The worst ending ever like gives you noyhing about amy and ben and if amy and ricky ever get back together like nothing where grace goes to college if ricky goes with celine like worst ending abc family im in shock

Paige

Posted at 5:31 PM on August 18, 2013

I’m so glad I didn’t finish watching this show. I knew with them previews your were going f it up like you do every other show, but i kinda understand bc in the real world exactly that would have happened. The bad girls always end up with the good guys. As far as Amy’s concerned you destroyed her character from what i read and that’s so wrong. I’m am boycotting your shows forever. I will never give you another rating. For once you could atleast end a show decent, but hell I’m just really proud you finally ended a show.. That’s a first. Abc Family is a joke…

Scooby123

Posted at 7:21 AM on August 14, 2013

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? That is the worst ever series finale I have ever witnessed. What the hell were the writers thinking????? I am extremely upset about this ending. Ricky and Amy should’ve gotten married. They had both matured so much. They were definitely ready to be wed. Not to mention the other couples! What the hell! They just ruined the whole show. I am very angry about this!

chichi

Posted at 7:55 AM on August 12, 2013

what..!i don’t like this,how can you do such a thing,no good ending.please season 6 before i dislike you.

kamoga Daniel

Posted at 11:34 AM on August 9, 2013

its a cool serie only that ending with many break ups mmmmmh!

Rachelle

Posted at 10:24 PM on August 7, 2013

Yep pretty terrible….like how selfish was it of her to run off to NY….where does this really happen…I was a teenage mom too….I never would have let my kids especially if the dad was worth being with…how ridiculous..she made her bed….once you have a kid your life is for them not you…thanks ABC for teaching teenage moms to be selfish……what an UNBELIEVEABLE ending……

Bella McCormick

Posted at 9:25 PM on August 7, 2013

WTF? This is the worse finale I’ve ever seen.. I mean I wanted them to get married their relationship grew they both grew up Amy & Ricky should’ve ended up married or at least together….I wasted like 3 years watching that TV show I loved it until they ruined it with that crappy ending… They should do. A season 6!!! I hated that finale Adrian didn’t deserve to be with Omar and end up happy… Amy and Ricky did! They made Amy look selfish and bad….

Paige

Posted at 5:39 PM on August 18, 2013

Yep and you will waste your time on any other show you watch on abc family. Most of them they don’t even finish at all. So i’m kinda excited that they finish this one, but very disappointed in how they ended it, but if you do think about it that’s probably how it would have worked out in real life. The bad girls always get the good guys and happy ending. As far as Amy goes most young parents do do such things, but they should have portray her as that kind of mother in the first place.

Linda

Posted at 9:39 AM on July 20, 2013

I was pretty upset with the series finale. Ricky and Amy should of been married. They should do one last ep fast forward 4 years and show what happened from the last ep on with everyone.

vivian

Posted at 5:50 AM on July 13, 2013

What! No hapy ending for amy and ricky? What about john? Then there is no need wachting it! Ricky is now a good guy both should have ended up together after all they’ve been thru. Abc just spoilt a good drama with an ending that sucks. Hope u do something about it.

maryam meemee

Posted at 7:54 PM on July 1, 2013

seriously amnot happy at all amy and ricky deserve each other they should be change of plans am dissapointed it is like i just wasted ma time just because ben wasnt happy ricky too should be happy

Pam

Posted at 7:14 PM on June 21, 2013

And Ricky deserved to be left alone but adrien gets someone. Just sooo messed up! Ricky deserved the family!!! Adrian was horrible to people. What really were u thinking?

Pam

Posted at 7:06 PM on June 21, 2013

I have been watching this and as much as u hope these things don’t happen like this- the way their relationship grew and the way Ricky became such a good man all around. U rooted for these 2. I’m sorry but u ruined it. They could have gotten married and she still did her thing. Seriously that was not the way u should have gone. Making Amy seem like she was a selfish brat and just didn’t love him. U portrayed them as really loving each other!!! Bad bad bad. How could you do this to the fans!

Richard Rogers

Posted at 10:46 AM on July 31, 2013

man i just finally finished secret life of american teenager and i wanted amy to run to ricky or make season 6 the ending upset me i was crying for 5 minutes wtf happen