‘Game Of Thrones': Red Wedding Deaths Reduced Cast To Tears On Set

Mon, June 3, 2013 7:00am EDT by 16 Comments
Robb Stark's Death Game Of Thrones
Courtesy of HBO

Hoffmann

Posted at 10:20 AM on September 29, 2013

I cried my eyes out watching it, good thing I understand english, ’cause the lyrics were blurred out by my tears… :'(

Claire

Posted at 6:32 PM on August 3, 2013

Doesn’t Catelyn come back as Lady Stoneheart or something? I read the wiki, ha, I couldn’t help myself.

Claire

Posted at 6:26 PM on August 3, 2013

I love this show!!!! I heard everyone praising it and thought, nah it won’t be for me, well 5 minutes into the first episode and I was hooked for life, who wouldn’t be after you have your first introduction to White Walkers.

But the two scenes that made me seriously cry was when Eddard lost his head and the second was the Red Wedding, the degree of betrayal was jaw dropping. I knew it was called Red Wedding for a reason but what they did to Robb’s wife I couldn’t believe. I love Peter Dinklage and his portrayal of Tyrion. He’s so witty and clever, who wouldn’t love that? I watched all 30 episodes in 7 days because it was just so addictive. Can’t wait for the next installment but I know it’s a long way off, they need to film them back to back, Bran, Rickon and Joffrey are getting older and 5 more seasons will see them as men. BTW, I love Sam Tully, I hope they never kill him off. I want to read the books but I don’t want it to spoil the show for me, once the series is done I’ll them to fill in all of the blanks.

Easily hands down one of my top 5 fave shows of all time. Hurry up season 4!!!!!

Dolittle Charles

Posted at 1:54 AM on June 7, 2013

With Robb dead , this show is officially “Beauty and the Beast”

Mark Schuster

Posted at 2:25 PM on June 6, 2013

The red wedding.
I was shocked originally by Ned Starks death and immediately hated king Joffery. Who is no king. I cheered for the underdog Rob Stark as he was crowned King of the north. I believed one day Rob would personally cut off Jofferys head. ( maybe Rob or Ned will come back as ghosts! Lol. ) But last night at first I figured that things would be ok. Rob was going to have a little prince named Ned Stark. When mother Stark saw the armor under that mans shirt I thought , uh oh! Instantly the most horror filled my soul when the young queen and the unborn Ned Stark were brutally turned into hamburger, and Robs men all killed. So I thought. Well Rob and his mom will have to start over. When mother Stark held the dagger to the queens throat, I thought. That’s how they will get out. Till the crazy king said,”I’ll just get another” OH SXXT! Quickly, Robs throat, then the offending queen, quickly, horrors, mother Stark! . So the camera goes to the dao wolves. I think Ah ha, they will get out and kill the evil king and some how they will patch up the Starks! But all the wolves are shot! I am at a loss. I never sit and watch the credits. But I starred at the credits in silence. Mind blank. wtf! I have seen horror films. I remember as a youth watching the exorcist in the theater and being shocked. But this is not a horror movie. Yet I have NEVER been more stunned. Usually some good prevails. It looks like the Lanasters will reign supreme! Kind of reminded me of last November lol!

Sarah

Posted at 10:45 PM on June 3, 2013

The “Red Wedding” was hard to watch, I never expected it to end in such a terrible way. I’m anxious to see the fall out in the finale, and I’m so glad that I won’t miss the episode, even though I’ll be working late for my job at DISH when it airs. If I’m not home to see a show, I use my DISH Anywhere app to stream the shows I record on my DVR, to my tablet. My train home is always more entertaining when I get to spend it watching episodes I missed.

ALEX

Posted at 9:06 PM on June 3, 2013

I WAS MAD SADD JESUSS AND STILL IS MOST CRAZY EPISODE …

I Hate People Like You

Posted at 3:19 AM on July 9, 2013

Please die. Please go away and die. There is no way you can even possibly begin to comprehend the complexities of this story. Go back to the trap house you crawled out of. And never have children. And die.

Mrs. wright

Posted at 2:38 PM on June 3, 2013

Crazy,but its how the novel kills off those characters. It’s a bummer. He is a hottie! They will be missed from this series. It’s a bummer!

Anabelle Whitepaws (@AnnaWhitepaws)

Posted at 10:19 AM on June 3, 2013

THIS EPISODE BLEW MY MIND! OMG…

abe

Posted at 9:50 AM on June 3, 2013

all SISSIES?

Jen

Posted at 9:09 AM on June 3, 2013

I’ve seen some sad endings to characters before, but this one is by far the worst. I was bawling, I couldn’t believe what happened and the way it happened. Robb Stark was one of my favorites and I routed for him all the way. I appreciated HBO showing the credits in silence gave us the views the time to mourn. And I am still mourning.

Anabelle Whitepaws (@AnnaWhitepaws)

Posted at 10:20 AM on June 3, 2013

OMG… Me too!

Dominic Isaac Corpin

Posted at 8:33 AM on June 3, 2013

he was my favorite character!! I saw a lot of my self in him and I saw my family with the Starks. These death must have justice. And this show better make things interesting because I don’t like how i feel tonight.

Alex

Posted at 2:31 PM on June 3, 2013

Ha! Well, I am sure that making you happy is at the top of their list… You do realize that all of this is based on books that were written long before the show began filming, right?

Charlie