Ashley Madekwe Not Returning For ‘Revenge’ Season 3

Fri, May 31, 2013 4:56pm EDT by 13 Comments
Courtesy of ABC

On the heels of creator Mike Kelley’s departure and Declan’s death, the red sharpie is out again — and this time, it’s crossing Ashley off the cast list!

There’s about as many plot twists on Revenge off-screen as there are on-screen! After two seasons of scheming her way around the Hamptons and among the Graysons as Ashley Davenport, actress Ashley Madekwe will not be returning in the fall for the series’ third season.

Season 3 Shake-Ups For ‘Revenge’

After creator Mike Kelley announced he was leaving the show in April and Connor Paolo’s Declan died in the season two finale, it didn’t seem likely we would lose another member of the show. But in true Revenge fashion, the show shocked us again when news broke on HollywoodLife.com‘s sister site TVLine that Ashley wouldn’t be returning.

The actress confirmed her departure May 31 on Twitter.

“Yes it’s true I’m leaving Revenge,” she tweeted. “I’ve LOVED playing Ashley Davenport but after 2 seasons there is no longer a story left for me to tell…”

Ashley’s Epic Way She Wants Her Character To Be Sent Off

Ashley also offered her idea for how she would like to see her character leave the series and we must say we wouldn’t expect anything less.

She tweeted, “My preference is that Ashley Davenport dies in a blaze of glory. Preferable whilst wearing Valentino couture….Or Chanel. I’m not fussy.”

We’re sure the writers will find a way to send Ashley off with deserved shock value and Ashley dressed to the nines.

Are you bummed that Ashley Madekwe isn’t returning for season three, HollywoodLifers? How do you think she should be written off? Let us know in the comments below!

– Avery Thompson

More ‘Revenge’ News:

1. ‘Revenge’ Recap: Emily Forges Her Most Unlikely Alliance Yet
  2. ‘Revenge’ Recap: Jack Makes A Shocking Discovery About Amanda
  3. ‘Revenge’ Recap: A Shocking Death Rocks Jack & Amanda’s Wedding

Lendiwei

Posted at 4:19 PM on November 22, 2013

I strongly believe that Ashley will make a come back…. And when she does, her revenge plans will be against victoria(the hamptons) and emily…

MidnightJenny

Posted at 12:55 AM on October 21, 2013

I think they’ve written off too many characters. The cast is growing stale. Even the addition of Justin Hartley isn’t making it for me because he’s just moody and boring. There needs to be a pop of color the way Ashley and Amanda were but we’re not getting it. Not yet, at least. I hope they have more planned than this.

Palmchat

Posted at 4:05 AM on July 18, 2013

I think there is an angle that the writers haven’t exploited regarding Ashley’s character. I don’t know if you guys remember but they showed an episode when Emily first met Ashley, they were in a bathroom I think and Emily told Ashley to get out of that place (it was an episode when Emily was sent to help Aidan). To be honest I thought that because of that episode, in a twist they were going to reveal that Ashley is actually Emily’s friend and she was acting bad to gain Conrad’s trust to help Emily too. I thought that because Emily saved her on that day they could have become friends since. I mean I don’t know about you guys but I always thought that Ashley was never who she said she was, I think there is still more they could have done with the character! Yes, she is manipulative but you certainly need more than that to get that close to the Grayson because they are very clever and manipulative themselves!!!! so I thought that Ashley was trained by Emily, that she gave her a place to live, etc and from them the friendship started. It could have been cool if Ashley even fought in a scene that she got discover to leave us all perplex!!! Because we all see her as this posh girl who wouldn’t move a finger and having her fighting could have been a really good twist!!! Yes, I know she is not the main character but it could have brought certainly fresh air from the same characters doing all the action shots. They could have even say she was trying to get something else from Conrad and that is why she sleeping with him. I mean now the computer is at the bottom of the sea so they could have explain with something else they were looking to incriminate them. If you really think about it it makes sense as Amanda is now dead and although Jack is now on board with the revenge she doesn’t really have any girlfriend. I agree, with some viewers that thought that Ashley was going to hook up with Jack. I mean what’s going to happen if not? Emily can’t end up with Jack straight away, that doesn’t leave much gap for the story to develop and as I viewer I wouldn’t believe that Jack is going to be ok with Emily hanging out with Daniel because even thought he wants a revenge for Declan’s dead and everything else, we all know that Jack is not the best liar in the world and that he acts by impulse. For God sake! even Aidan struggled when Emily and Daniel were together and we are talking about a guy that have trained with Takeda to be a master of deception! You see what I mean? Also, it wouldn’t be such an issue because she allowed Amanda and they were friends since they were little. Just some thoughts…(By the way, English is not my first language so I apologise in advance for any structure, spelling or grammar mistakes).

Marisol

Posted at 11:49 PM on June 5, 2013

I want Ashley to be killed by Conrad!! I mean, since Conrad is doubting her.. But I want Emily to be with Aiden so that Daniel’s heart can be broken again, I mean this could be another way in which Emily could get to the Graysons right? SInce Victoria cares for her children so much, ohh…. But I’m really looking forward to seeing Patrick with VIctoria, I hope it’s gonna be a hit!!!

Jessica

Posted at 6:31 AM on July 17, 2013

No, Ashley must go dramatically, car crash, burn to death.. Conrad would not do the deed himself anyway….Yes, I am most curious about Patrick

Michelle

Posted at 11:45 PM on June 5, 2013

I want Ashley to hook up with Jack, and Emily will express her feelings towards Aiden to break Danny’s heart! I really think Daniel is annoying….

Caitlyn

Posted at 8:36 AM on June 1, 2013

Ashley was annoying but I think she could have been useful. However, I am just glad Jack knows the truth now, it’s about time. Oh & I can’t believe Demily shippers still exist, he is the frigging enemy!!! That would not only never work, but it would also be a betrayal of everything she is trying to achieve, it’s like some people don’t even watch the show! They’re dating in real life, so people need to stop confusing them with their characters!!!

GuyAwks

Posted at 7:49 AM on June 1, 2013

I want Jemily but I am incredibly disappointed in this. Ashley had so much character potential and the show is already low on female mains. They better kill her off at least and make it grand and plot-moving. I want to see her go out in a blaze of glory too, far better than her just leaving.

Dannie

Posted at 2:19 AM on June 1, 2013

YES!! JEMILY VS THE GRAYSONS!! GAME ON;-)

Cara

Posted at 9:46 PM on May 31, 2013

Finally, nothing standing in the way of Jemily!!!

Aly

Posted at 9:09 PM on May 31, 2013

I was hopping they were goin to hook her character up with jack!

nosey

Posted at 6:29 PM on May 31, 2013

She is the only one Jack really trusted. . .the only one Jack really had left, wow, they just took everything away from him, so that probably means Jack would more than likely work w/ Fauxmily? . . . which could be interesting b/c I don’t think he will trust her, and doubt he would trust Nolan especially since he knew all that time, I am interested what they would do w/ Jack’s character, I mean he is on Conrad’s raidar, I seriously thought they would put him w/ Ashley being that he would not trust Fauxmily(although I am pro Jack-Fauxmily), it will be interesting how Fauxmily will juggle these men, now that Jack has no one, I doubt Aiden is dead(might have been shot but not dead), will she juggle Daniel, Aiden, and Jack, maybe they will add other women to the mix, can’t imagine the writers will not having a mate for either of these 3 men, all 3 are hunks, but I am sure Fauxmily cannot have all 3.

Caddy

Posted at 5:28 PM on May 31, 2013

AW WHAT?
I thought she was going to hook up with Jack!
Nooooo!! I was hoping for her to hook up with Jack so that (fake)emily will be with Aiden or ….idk, Daniel?