Robert Pattinson & Katy Perry: The Truth Behind Their Relationship

Thu, May 30, 2013 7:00am EDT by 208 Comments
Robert Pattinson Katy Perry Relationship
Pacific Coast News, Getty

Robsten

Posted at 8:51 AM on June 7, 2013

Robert and Kristen will meant to be for- ever !!

Rainne

Posted at 7:18 AM on June 7, 2013

Robert has the rights to move one. I know all the robsten fans including myself, are hurt to see them split because for 4 years we`ve been supporting their relationship and it was wasted because of one mistake. I , too , wish they will go back together again , but I know Robert could not put his heart to forgive Kristen for what she had done. That’s why he has the rights to make this decision. And for Kristen, she will have to move on too, cause some relationships don’t last long. I will still support their loveteam in movies and if there is a chance of getting back together, I will support that too.

Samuelle 40

Posted at 6:37 AM on June 6, 2013

Rob wouldn’t be swayed by anyone else’s so called advice he’s quite capable of orchestrating his own .He can’t go back to Felix to much press around ,,can’t go to a hotel every move watched,can’t go back to UK for same reason and doesn’t want his family involved .So has opted for staying at Perrys place .Doubt anything going on just escaping.How Rob and Kristen have remained sane is a miracle hope this saga doesn’t have a really bad ending.Nobody knows the truth about any of it .

Crizomar DaSilva

Posted at 9:53 PM on June 5, 2013

o guys your faces are going fall to the floor very soon just wait ok

happy

Posted at 7:43 AM on June 5, 2013

Rob has moved on so should you

Catherine

Posted at 3:39 PM on June 5, 2013

In case you all haven’t figured this out yet – I am NOT moving on from this topic until YOU ladies take it upon yourselves to start CARING about heartbroken ‘robsten’ FANS beyond yourselves. OR again… wait for the book about you to come out about your sick, desperate Twilight obsessions. At this moment in time, either choice works for me.

CATHRYN DELGADO

Posted at 8:36 PM on June 3, 2013

WHY ARE YOU ALL SAY THEY ARE BREAK UP , DID THEY TELL YOU THAT . HOW MANY TIMES DID YOU HEAR ROBERT SAY TO YOU TELL KRISTEN I DON`T LOVE HER.. YOU ALL ARE ACTING LIKE FOOLS, NO ONE TOLD YOU THAT BUT THE MEDIA, T HE LAST I HEARD WAS ON YOU TUBE WHEN ROBERT SAID THAT HE LOVE HER AND WILL FIGHT TO KEEP LOVING HER, THE ONLY ONE NOW IS THE MEDIA TALKING. WHY ARE YOU LETTING MEDIA DO YOU TALKING.THEY SELLING BOOKS

niki

Posted at 6:26 AM on June 3, 2013

Rob was only 21 when they met he is 27 now . People change with age . He probably finds her immature now . she still behaves like a teenager . That on top of her cheating made Rob take the decision to split . happy that Rob has moved on

Samuelle 40

Posted at 5:51 AM on June 3, 2013

Why do you say he ended relationship my guess after argument it was mutual agreement to spend time apart.They have both tried it would seem to make it work and by living apart they can persue any other interests they may have.Wouldnt think Rob is into any other relationships at all at the moment anymore than Kristen is .Give them a break let them sort it out themselves without all the surmising and disgusting comments ,they are both people with feelings the same as you or me.

universe

Posted at 11:37 PM on June 2, 2013

Why are you turning on Rob? He ended a relationship when he knew he could not remain in it any longer. Remember she admitted to cheating, that is what started this. He tried to forgive and couldn’t, that is her problem and the price she paid for cheating. He was hurt by her but still tried to move on. They were kids when they met, stayed in this fantasy world of Edward and bella for 5 years, then when it ended and they untangeled themselves there was cheating and they had grown apart. I can not believe how ugly and harsh people have become against Rob and the rumors and stories that are being spread and never confirmed or proved. Just let them move on. The end of any relationship is painful but don’t get ugly over it.

nenad

Posted at 12:21 AM on June 3, 2013

God, this is frustrating, if you read my comments you will know that I liked them together and both the same. I’m not rob’s or Kris’s screaming fan. Just liked 2 young people that I felt have something very special and not very often seen in movies. After her naive mistake did start to research both of them to figure out what they are all about since her cheating on guy she was so obviously in love did not make any since at all. All my comments about both of them are based on what I learned and believe me not based any contradicting bogus reports of some low level scandal seeking tabloids or screaming and obsessed fan robs or Kirsten’s. So I’m not ’turning on rob’. If I came to opposite conclusion about Kris I would take robs side.
Looks like very few people tried to first figure out this 2 people before they jumped to hate wagon against both, and based on scandal seeking tabloids.

Cam

Posted at 10:12 PM on June 2, 2013

Katy is as infatuated and mesmerized by Rob as Kristen was, and Katy is blinded. Kristen paid a high prise but she is out of the situation by her own decision. I hope Katy does not go through what Kristen has gone through. If Katy is interested in Rob, then Katy should talk to Kristen because at this point Kristen is free of all emotional holds from Rob. Kristen will tell Katy the truth and open her eyes, and Kristen will mean it because she has not let hate take over her. Katy should run from Rob while she can.

Cam

Posted at 9:40 PM on June 2, 2013

Kristen got entangled with Robert because she was young, naive and they were thrown together into the Twilight madness. They are done now. Katy is more mature, and should not engage in any romantic relationship with Rob. Katy should run away from Rob. If Katy does not run away from Rob she will regret it.

tee

Posted at 3:55 PM on June 2, 2013

Rupert destroyed Ruperts marraige….if not kris them someone else…isnt kp alot older than rob?

Guest

Posted at 4:38 PM on June 2, 2013

Tee, to answer your question, Katy is 28. I think it’s great Rob has women friends he can talk to, especially after this break-up. I think having two older sisters probably helped him make and keep platonic friendships. I think some find it odd because they would not trust their boyfriends to keep it platonic. This over-the-top fame thing that sprung up on both Rob and Kristen, I think would make it especially helpful for one’s sanity to have friends like Katy, etc. Your other point, I agree, Rupert ruined his own marriage by cheating on his wife. Like you said, if not Kristen, then probably someone else. Can we also say same about Kristen? “If not Rupert, then someone else”—?? As outsiders only guessing, who knows if we can. I think that was the underlying problem in their relationship these last ten months. However, that “Rupert ruined his own marriage” while absolutely true to the bone, doesn’t let Kristen off the hook: she knew his wife, socialized with her to some degree, knew Charlize Theron was good friends with Liberty, and Kristen spent time with their two young children when they visited the set. All that makes her whole affair with Rupert all the more creepier, IMO.

Smile

Posted at 10:41 PM on June 2, 2013

I think it is probably false that Kristen knew Liberty well or children at all. Directors don’t take their young children on film sets or to cast party. Kristen filmed no scenes with Liberty. Liberty filmed with young girl who played young Snow White in early part of film. I think that I may have seen something about that on Celebrity Dirty Laundry which seems like a Kristen hate site. Certainly not a credible site.

niki

Posted at 2:45 PM on June 2, 2013

@ Jane T.
god cheated on you and forgot to give any brains .

Jane T.

Posted at 1:14 PM on June 2, 2013

Rob and Kristen are meant for each other. Katy is a snake pure and simple to be trying to influence Rob filling his head, having dinner with him, and then hanging around him when he is on the rebound when she was supposed to also be Kristen’s friend. Her ugly soul needs to be burned and we should avoid listening or buying her music or performances. Rob is also an absolute idiot to think that he can hold things over Kristen when in asking for time away or taking it slow he is in fact, letting other women entrap him emotionally and physically. He does not realize that he has been cheating all the years he has been with Kristen and someone should let him know that. It is said that there is such a double standard. Kristen so young is crucified by everyone, but yet Rob who is several years older and has been around the block so many more times than Kristen thinks that he can use the allowable reasons within a relationship to get to be with other women and share emotions and closeness with them. He in fact has been cheating. Kristen, you’re best action now is to be your very best and enjoy life and the person that is deserving of you will come to you one day. You need not worry. Keep away from the producer. He was just using you for lustful reasons as you had a remote resemblance to his wife so he misplaced his need for her onto you. He never really loved you.

Hmmm

Posted at 3:39 PM on June 2, 2013

Jane T, you said: “He was just using you for lustful reasons as you had a remote resemblance to his wife so he misplaced his need for her onto you. He never really loved you.” That sounds like something your friends told you when your husband was caught cheating. I can’t believe all the hate some women are spewing about Rob. He has proven to be a great guy and I think all this hate is a symptom of women who have been spurned by the man in their life. Not all men are alike. Kristen, I believe, found a great guy in Rob but that one July episode ruined it in the long haul. Let this be a lesson to young girls out there, we tell men to keep it in their pants but the same holds true for women, so to speak. Cheating is near impossible to forgive and forget. Trust is vital but very fragile. I have been fortunate not to have my three deal breakers happen in my marriage: verbal abuse, physical abuse and cheating. My husband is a sweetheart but he knows I’d be out the door is he were guilty of any if those. It’s hard to know, impossible in fact, if your partner’s “indiscretion” was a one time thing or not.

d.harris

Posted at 12:23 PM on June 2, 2013

i do not believe in anyway that miss perry has that kind of influence on rob.this break -up is long over do.rob has never been the same since after the cheating.probably he cannot stand the lies any more .the ealier he let go the better ,the longer the deception goes the worse for both of them.for now well ,the wisest decision.let them put their every foot step in GOD ,he will guide their foot step together or individually.i still think kristens fans are too childish.they have to get real .this is real life,not fantasy world.

seinna

Posted at 10:12 AM on June 2, 2013

Katy is just a friend to Rob so Question of the baby trapping doesnoe arise

Go Go Girl

Posted at 8:08 AM on June 2, 2013

KP is is decieving trap him into a baby and ruin his career…wait and see…career buster for both maybe the feelings they share are worth it…not… katy is like a tic…latching on and leaving you diseased. Kristen will prevail…stronger

Guest

Posted at 12:52 AM on June 2, 2013

Dang, I wish I were still in college. I would certainly have had fun doing my dissertation on the celebrity obsessed fan psyche, particularly focusing on those who visit here, coming up with all these hilarious conspiracies, weaving complicated sordid stories from innocent random pictures and unsubstantiated statements by anonymous sources printed by publications who benefit from website hits and comments. What’s even funnier is these subjects “know” all these things about two people who happen to guard their privacy to a fault. What would have to be determined is whether the individuals actually believe their fantasies or if their out in left-field claims are made tongue-in-cheek in order to affect the “other team” adversely. Then we’d have to figure out if their “gullibility” bleeds into other areas of their lives, such as believing all claims made in advertisements, believing everything claimed by their party’s politicians, etc., etc.

Samuelle 40

Posted at 10:26 AM on June 1, 2013

Dela how refreshing to have another balanced view on all this .Perry and Sanders not relevant to the split/break up neither is Polly .Both looked miserable from what I could see rob and Kisten I mean in what few photos around.Neither is happy and only time will tell regards the break unfortunately family and friends are now making comments which only makes more confusion .Nobody can help its just how they feel themselves ,I don’t think its the forgiveness bit I think they are both very insecure people from being the most looked at couple to being the most hated now in some people’s eyes with all this media attention one strange thing why hasn’t Rob flown home to visit family to escape all this,something still not quite right,and why didn’t Rob take things same day as upset but wait 5 days to do self move..Pity filming hasn’t started all ready to take thir minds off themselves and all the sick comments.Wish them both well together or apart.

ashley

Posted at 9:32 AM on June 1, 2013

I am happy for Rob . Split has happened for the best .

dela

Posted at 7:12 AM on June 1, 2013

All these comments are just idle gossip and talk. The sad thing is the demise of a couple who held so much promise. Not only were they a good team professionally but seemed to have love for each other. This turn of events is very sad and for outside parties to interfere is just wrong. What was done almost one year ago was stupid and wrong but to continue the hate like this serves no purpose. She tried hard to make amends and prove herself to him but in the end lost the battle. He seems to have a huge problem with forgiveness.

acerrr96

Posted at 11:59 AM on June 1, 2013

I agree their love for each other is still very strong can not be completed as simple

Anon

Posted at 1:09 PM on June 1, 2013

Stop with your fanfiction,how do you know if did she try?And now you blame Rob for lack of forgiveness?She is single now and should come back to Rupert Sanders,she proved last summer that he was a very important person in her life.

acerrr96

Posted at 3:48 AM on June 1, 2013

All the differences that occur between Rob and Kristen because Katy Perry

ashley

Posted at 9:34 AM on June 1, 2013

All differences occur because kristen cheated . Stop blaming KP , she is just a friend

acerrr96

Posted at 11:49 AM on June 1, 2013

Damn Katy Perry coming in every sense of the word
bayyyyyyyyyyy

Such a good boy he is.

Posted at 3:36 AM on June 1, 2013

Maps , the film problem.
The most logical seems to me,
that the breakup prepared by a team pattinson.
Low, as it can be for reuse Kristen.
It seems to me that he wants success and therefore was willing to give a free hand for his team, friends, even his mother gives interview to hurt, destroy Kristen.
To free his hands and look like the victim pure for Cronenberg team, Gadon, director’s daughter.

BraviStewart (@LeaBraviStewart)

Posted at 10:45 PM on June 1, 2013

I defenetly agree with u!

strength

Posted at 6:51 PM on May 31, 2013

I guess it’s the old adage, Rob be careful who you get your advice from. Isn’t kat recently hanging with JM–the same JM that cheated on Kat? Hmmm ok for Kat&JM; but not for Rob&Kristen. And doesn’t Kat have a history of contacting prior flings while in a current relationship? Unlucky, or does Kat only hang with men who serial shag. A womanizer (look it up) vs a oneof remorseful event. As a mom, I wouldn’t hesitate to choose the latter to be part of our family. Mama Clai should thank Kristen for providing both stable home and silence regarding Robs indiscretions. Kat won’t be silent.

Guest

Posted at 11:25 PM on May 31, 2013

Now you are bringing up unsubstantiated sh*t on Katy Perry? You appear to be such a coward talking like this in an apparent attempt to further your agenda. (And I direct this at people who endlessly bash Kristen or Rob on this forum as well) If these people were standing before you I would just love to see you talk big then. Coming here and claiming as fact what some gossip rag once printed up as alleged facts obtained from some anonymous source, to garner website hits way back when; same ol’ same ol’ that the gullible always seem to drink up. I find it particularly humorous (and simultaneously pitiful) when the holier than thou spout off like you have just done. Does that describe you? If, and I emphasize if, you attend church or are one who calls yourself a believer, then please go to your church and ask for forgiveness for slandering people as you have done here. Do you preach, Do as I say, not as I do? Maybe next time before slandering someone, try asking yourself (or your religion’s equivalent) WWJD? Or if no religious affiliation, maybe try to guide your life by following the Golden Rule.

Guest

Posted at 5:19 PM on May 31, 2013

I agree with jd, Rob has to be commended and admired for never publicly speaking of Kristen’s indiscretion. He could have run with it. If we remember back to that time, the hate for Kristen was dripping and rampant. It died down when Rob was willing to give it another try. It was as if he had rescued her. I was heartbroken by what she did but also felt badly for her (and for Rob). Now it seems that some of the more vocal Kristen-only fans think its their turn; they want equal billing with this new break-up. If Kristen was called a whore last year, they want reason’s to call Rob the same. It is sad that July happened to Kristen, but their current break-up does not mean salacious stories are begging to be uncovered.

Eddie

Posted at 2:50 PM on June 1, 2013

PLEASE take a step back in time—-I agree Rob never said a bad word about Kristens indicretion however had never showed that he was man enough why didn’t he ask the tabloids to stop hounding her, instead he decided to have his house renoviated, the drunk needed a place to flop and his camp though it would be good publicity if he went back to Kristen for about 4 months he made everything look like he totally forgave her then he went to Australia where the creep ignored most of her calls, Kristen was trying to make amends for her mistake–we all make mistakes–.upon his return to LA in March they were constantly together—he even had a birthday dinner for her and according to the gossip he was touchy, kissey with Kristen, then there was coachella he showed love to Kristen—SO WHAT HAPPENED!!!!!!the renovation on his house was completed, he went to NY a week before Kristen—screwed the slutty KP and WALLA kstew & rpatz were done –I understand the heartache Kristen is going throuh, it isn’t easy however she is better away from him, he was verbally abusive to her, down right mean—he is not a man, what is he a child who still is tied to his mums apron strings. Grow up Rob you know you love Kristen—get over it and be a man or keep on being a d–k. we love you Kristen you are going to be one of the biggest stars to shine.

Guest

Posted at 9:53 PM on June 1, 2013

Eddie, your post was too long and I can’t find it again as I reply, but I’ll address two points that I remember: Where Rob was filming in Australia, do you really think he had a cell phone tower near by?!? That report of refusing her texts was one of the most lame stories. Second one is, yes, we DON’T know what happened to sour their relationship after they seemingly seemed to be getting along following the Australia break, do we? Neither do the gossip magazines. “Something happened” is all we know. Perhaps something happened to open up the old cheating wounds or something else happened. Thats as creative as I can get. We can spend all day speculating and placing blame on one party or the other. It may be a permanent split or it may be temporary. We have never been privy to their personal business except for that one day in July.

Katja

Posted at 5:07 PM on June 2, 2013

@ Eddie You could not say it better than this. You got it all right. it totally make sense. Great comment. Totally agree with you!!!!