‘The Voice': Sarah Simmons & Judith Hill Should Have Made It To The End

Wed, May 29, 2013 6:59pm EDT by 65 Comments
Sarah Simmons Judith Hill Eliminated
Courtesy of NBC

On the May 28 episode of ‘The Voice,’ everyone was shocked by the elimination of Team Adam’s Sarah and Judith. However, I’m wondering how it happened to begin with.

Adam Levine clearly wasn’t thrilled that two of his team members were in the bottom, forcing him to mumble a not-so-positive statement — but I don’t really blame him for being upset!

Judith Hill Eliminated — ‘The Voice’ Loses One Of The Best Singers Yet

In my mind, Michael Jackson is most likely rolling over in his grave. Judith Hill, backup singer and friend of MJ, was cut from The Voice last night along with front runner Sarah Simmons.

Judith and Sarah were definitely the two most talented singers in the competition.

Judith’s super powerful voice turned the chairs of all four judges  when she took on Christina Aguilera‘s “What a Girl Wants.” She actually turned Adam’s chair, before he climbed on top of it and applauded.

“You are the first person that’s ever come on this show an done a Christina song as well as Christina Aguilera,” Adam said. ”As far as I’m concerned, I’m running for President right now.”

Her different style won everyone over, including me. There’s no way that 16-year-old Danielle Bradbery or Holly Tucker — both of whom I really like — had a stronger voice.

Sarah Simmons Elimination — Her Voice Was The Perfect Combination

After Sarah’s audition, all four coaches were literally begging her to be on their team. When she belted out “One Of Us,” she impressed all the judges with her mix of soft singing and intense rasp.

“Please, please, please,” Adam begged Sarah.

And that was enough for her apparently. Well, who wouldn’t it be enough for?

While I really love the contestants that made the top six, Blake’s entire country team does not have the talent that these two girls have. No offense to The Swon Brothers, who are very talented, but unfortunately they sound like most other country stars.

What do YOU think HollywoodLifers? Do you think that Judith and Sarah should have at least made the top six?

WATCH: ‘The Voice’ Eliminations Revealed – Top 8 Highlight

– Emily Longeretta

More On ‘The Voice':

1. ‘The Voice’ Elimination Recap: Top 12 Announced After Shakira’s Shocking Elimination
  2. ‘The Voice’ Recap: Emotions Run High During Top 10 Performances
  3. ‘The Voice’ Elimination Recap: Top 12 Announced After Shakira’s Shocking Elimination
  4. ‘The Voice’ Recap: Sarah Simmons Cries During ‘Angelic’ Performance

simone

Posted at 2:29 PM on May 30, 2013

this kind of thing even makes me hate country music.
I only hope Sarah and Judith gonna do well in the future…

Barbara

Posted at 1:50 PM on May 30, 2013

Shocked! Sarah should of stayed!

abisco

Posted at 11:07 AM on May 30, 2013

I’m a country music fan but again this is not a country music fan competition… This is the voice and I am so sad to see Judith Hill go.. I’m sure she’ll do great. Look at Jennifer Hudson

Louie

Posted at 9:02 AM on May 30, 2013

The show should now be called “The Votes” as the
best voice was just eliminated in Judith.

Louie

Posted at 8:59 AM on May 30, 2013

The show should now be called “The Votes” as the best voice was just eliminated in Judith.

Felix

Posted at 9:20 AM on May 30, 2013

Its not really about the best talent or finding the “the voice”. Its about the money that is generated through the voting system.

I dont even believe that the ones who are voting are making the largest difference in the outcome of the respective carriers. We have seen now over the past 10 years of “reality music shows” that there are plenty of early “exits”, who had more impressive careers then some of the forgettable winners.

if it would be about finding the best talent, we would not need public voting.
Its a popularity contest and NOT a talent or singing contest. Where the producers are wrong in my opinion is the fact that the voting does not even reflect how America sees the contestants and how their career can be monetized (if thats what they are after). There is a certain age, sex and geographic and what else group who enjoys voting more then others, it does not necessarily mean that this are the same people who hire musicians, or pay for good music.

At the end of the day its more about the drama, then its is about the singing and the talent… unfortunately.

I’m just bummed that now i can’t hear and see the best two singers in action anymore.

A

Posted at 3:43 AM on May 30, 2013

I was completely shocked! They were my 2 of my favourites and obviously very talented. They were miles above The Swon Brothers who I think should have gone home a long time ago. Judith Hill was the back up singer for Michael Jackson and she is even part of a documentary coming out about back up singers so I think she already has the platform that she needs to succeed in the business. Sarah’s voice was also amazing and I loved her rasp. I just cannot believe that these two went home. I am still trying to pick my jaw up from the floor.

itsME!

Posted at 2:39 AM on May 30, 2013

Im done watching this show, its no longer about true talent!!
it shouldnt be called the voice, it should be called country music competition,
because if they had any sense, and based on the preformance alone the swan brothers should have gone HOME! they sound like everyone else, and theres nothing new about them.
this show is not fair, and this competition is biased,
for the past two years country artists have won, and I bet the same thing is gonna happen again
-__- i OFFICIALLY give up on the voice!

Dan Branch

Posted at 2:35 AM on May 30, 2013

I hear a lot of people on here complaining. How many of you actually voted? I was shocked too and the best singer obviously got sent home but, hey,I didn’t vote either. The country fans support their artist on these competitions all the way too iTunes. On Idol, Candice beat out a country artist (Kree) because people actually logged in and voted for the better singer (I voted for Candice the final 2 weeks). Country fans don’t care about who’s the better singer just as long as they’re singing country. I can’t be mad at that because they love and support their genre no matter what as we sat on our hands and let a great singer go home.

itsME!

Posted at 2:33 AM on May 30, 2013

OMG, this elimination was NOT fair, Judith and Sarah, are WAAAAY more talented and versatile than the swan brothers, danielle and holly combined!! this is WRONG!

abe

Posted at 12:30 AM on May 30, 2013

so starting all over again?

Holly

Posted at 12:24 AM on May 30, 2013

Sarah had it in the bag! Period! What in the Hell are people voting on exactly? Danielle has a bright future but if we are talking about VOICE talent it was Sarah’s to win. I no longer have faith in this show being focused solely on sound.

jquin3

Posted at 11:56 PM on May 29, 2013

Then what do all of you suggest? To not let America do the voting? Because in competitions like these, at a certain point, it all stops being all about the talent and becomes who connects the most with the audience. In the end, it is the American audience who will determine the success or failure of these artists as they are the one who will buy their songs.

Tina

Posted at 11:10 PM on May 29, 2013

Sarah should have won or at least made it to the final. What is the world coming to?! She is by far one of the best & versatile voices available, man America really is dumb!!

AnnetteMarie

Posted at 10:43 PM on May 29, 2013

Btw…Judith Hill & Usher would make a cute couple…lol

AnnetteMarie

Posted at 10:39 PM on May 29, 2013

I really only tuned in to watch Judith Hill perform. But honestly I could not understand what she was doing on there. The show is for amateurs, and she is an obvious pro. Having said that, I have never heard of her before The Voice. Hope to see her again…definitely a new fan here!

David

Posted at 1:22 PM on May 30, 2013

This show is not for amateurs only. It is for anyone who wants a shot at a record contract. Many of the contestants are former back-up singers for huge stars but have not achieved stardom themselves. Last season’s winner Cassadee Pope was the lead singer for a band called Hey Monday that, according to wikipedia, achieved moderate success with their first album. She wanted to start a solo career and used The Voice to do so.

bryan

Posted at 10:37 PM on May 29, 2013

I Hate That Sarah and Judith Went Home!!! Sarah And Judith should Have At Least Made it to the final!!!!!!!!! I’m sick of this show!~ I watched this show just for both of them!!!!!! And America Dissapointed us by sending them home and letting 3 Country singers in…this show is The Voice……..Not Country Karaoke Competition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T^T dissapointed
NEVER ever watching the voice of USA …………..only holland,uk and china

barbosh

Posted at 10:27 PM on May 29, 2013

America voted they chose, there are a lot of good voices on the show this season, however, I listen to their voices and I think to myself which voice really is natural and who does have the VOICE and only one voice stand’s out and that is the youngest one on the show and that is Danielle. Yes she is young but she has a voice that takes no effort, all the others have to strain to sing the way they do. I am sorry for all those that had to leave, but only one can win, and to me that is Danielle. I believe there is a lot more to come from this young lady,

celine99

Posted at 9:26 PM on May 29, 2013

I think we have the same situation on The Voice s we have on American Idol. With Idol, the female teeny boppers overloaded the voting. Now with The Voice, I think it’s the country
Western fans overloading the vote. I really am a huge lake Shelton fan, but that doesn’t extend to his team this season. I like the Swon Brothers…the girls are ok too, but nothing special. Judith Hill and Sarah Simmons have amazing voices and to seen them go like that while some of the other female singers who are pretty boring is sad. The one bright spot left for me is Michelle Chaulmer. I hope she wins!

camille zulpo

Posted at 10:35 PM on May 29, 2013

I agree, I just don’t even want to watch the end. It has become a farce, it’s not about talent,
it’s about America’s low standards. How can we compare Judith, Sarah or Michelle to the country singers? I think the judges should decide, not a bunch of immature sentimental country music
enthusiasts. Michelle is like no other, an amazing star. I’m so disappointed but not surprised given
the state our country is in.
I love all the judges……leave it to them to decide based on their vast experience and talent.

Felix

Posted at 9:23 PM on May 29, 2013

I’m with Adam too. Even more though it shows, its not really about talent, its about who can get votes. There are many varied factors for that. (Maybe being bored out in the country is one.. ;-)) Its not even about who is liked or not. There are a certain groups of people who would go in a blink of an eye and see Judith in concert and even watch her on the voice, but they cant be bothered with all the reality show clicking and texting.

In my mind, there is not even a question if Judith should have been in the finals. The quality was obvious. Btw. Do you really think anyone of mediocre quality would be able to be part of MJ’s tour, as she was planned to be??

Nedsdag

Posted at 9:19 PM on May 29, 2013

Judith was practically a pro who couldn’t connect with the audience and Sarah was too musically schizophrenic for my tastes. The one you should be promoting is Sasha Allen.

Lisa

Posted at 9:03 PM on May 29, 2013

I loved those two, I thought the country brothers needed to go home first then I was torn because I like all the rest of the contestants, they are all really talented!

HATHEYAREGONEBABY!!

Posted at 9:01 PM on May 29, 2013

Ha! Its about time! They were amazing singers but I ask myself would I ever buy their music if it were to be produced and the answer is NO. So I am not disappointed they left. Judith Hill there was nothing making me want to hear you again. You have a powerful voice and thats it. You can find about a 1000 of you in every state!

barbosh

Posted at 10:18 PM on May 29, 2013

amen, how true

May

Posted at 10:28 AM on May 30, 2013

Really? A thousand in every state??? If that’s true, America must be music heaven!!!
Come on, talk about the most blatantly myopic and prejudiced statement ever! I don’t think Judith Hill would miss you not buying her music one teeny weeny little bit!

Beth

Posted at 8:44 PM on May 29, 2013

I´m with Adam, i just “hate this country”. The two deserve to win this thing! I´m sooo done with this season!

Mikala

Posted at 8:35 PM on May 29, 2013

I think this competition has lost all credibility and will definitely be waning in popularity. This is no longer a ‘voice’ competition when the best and strongest voices leave. Something has to be done with the voting structure to really allow for variety in musical genres and keep the best voices in. It’s completely ridiculous that Judith Hill or Sarah Simmons would leave this early, while the Swons and Danielle move forward. Completely frustrating, and I totally understand Adam’s sentiment.
I’m done with ‘the voice’! it’s just another crummy music reality show.

JanJason

Posted at 8:20 PM on May 29, 2013

I am sick those 2 talented ladies are gone!!! I can’t watch that show anymore!!! I voted and I bought their songs!! The Voice needs to reevaluate their rules. Maybe there needs to be a save like AI. I mean seriously you have the Swon Brothers, Holly off pitch/screech, Danielle nasal trying to sing emotional songs at 16…sorry I did not sign up to watch a country kareoke contest!!!

Llh

Posted at 8:56 PM on May 29, 2013

You guys forget that arrogance is not a good trait! Judith Hill could sing but her attitude was very off-putting. Most people like to see new singers with very little experience and watch them grow each week! That is what these shows are forays Danielle will get better each and every week!

joancj

Posted at 9:30 PM on May 29, 2013

Better isn’t good enough on this level…better compared to what?

May

Posted at 10:32 AM on May 30, 2013

What you people have against Judith Hill??? Unfathomable!!! Hmmmmm…. “Interesting” people, you Americans…

bryan

Posted at 10:33 PM on May 29, 2013

can’t agree more :)

Wendy

Posted at 10:53 PM on May 29, 2013

I was very shocked and both ladies are extremely talented BUT I’m tired of everyone dissing the country singers. Holly off pitch? Really? She is consistent week after week and has a great voice! Danielle’s voice is so clear and effortless, it’s just amazing and The Swon Brothers are cool and unique. I am surprised they made it over Judith and Sarah but this is not a conspiracy folks. Country music is great and all of those that made it through are great singers PERIOD.