‘The Voice': Sarah Simmons & Judith Hill Should Have Made It To The End

Wed, May 29, 2013 6:59pm EDT by 65 Comments
Sarah Simmons Judith Hill Eliminated
Courtesy of NBC

On the May 28 episode of ‘The Voice,’ everyone was shocked by the elimination of Team Adam’s Sarah and Judith. However, I’m wondering how it happened to begin with.

Adam Levine clearly wasn’t thrilled that two of his team members were in the bottom, forcing him to mumble a not-so-positive statement — but I don’t really blame him for being upset!

Judith Hill Eliminated — ‘The Voice’ Loses One Of The Best Singers Yet

In my mind, Michael Jackson is most likely rolling over in his grave. Judith Hill, backup singer and friend of MJ, was cut from The Voice last night along with front runner Sarah Simmons.

Judith and Sarah were definitely the two most talented singers in the competition.

Judith’s super powerful voice turned the chairs of all four judges  when she took on Christina Aguilera‘s “What a Girl Wants.” She actually turned Adam’s chair, before he climbed on top of it and applauded.

“You are the first person that’s ever come on this show an done a Christina song as well as Christina Aguilera,” Adam said. ”As far as I’m concerned, I’m running for President right now.”

Her different style won everyone over, including me. There’s no way that 16-year-old Danielle Bradbery or Holly Tucker — both of whom I really like — had a stronger voice.

Sarah Simmons Elimination — Her Voice Was The Perfect Combination

After Sarah’s audition, all four coaches were literally begging her to be on their team. When she belted out “One Of Us,” she impressed all the judges with her mix of soft singing and intense rasp.

“Please, please, please,” Adam begged Sarah.

And that was enough for her apparently. Well, who wouldn’t it be enough for?

While I really love the contestants that made the top six, Blake’s entire country team does not have the talent that these two girls have. No offense to The Swon Brothers, who are very talented, but unfortunately they sound like most other country stars.

What do YOU think HollywoodLifers? Do you think that Judith and Sarah should have at least made the top six?

WATCH: ‘The Voice’ Eliminations Revealed – Top 8 Highlight

– Emily Longeretta

More On ‘The Voice':

1. ‘The Voice’ Elimination Recap: Top 12 Announced After Shakira’s Shocking Elimination
  2. ‘The Voice’ Recap: Emotions Run High During Top 10 Performances
  3. ‘The Voice’ Elimination Recap: Top 12 Announced After Shakira’s Shocking Elimination
  4. ‘The Voice’ Recap: Sarah Simmons Cries During ‘Angelic’ Performance

Caê Aiman (@CaeAiman)

Posted at 7:31 PM on September 3, 2013

Sadly the program does not call The Country, huh? Adam’s team this year was definitely the strongest of all the other teams and seasons. Too bad the U.S. population prefers interpreters than artists. Shame is the only word to describe this elimination!!!

woooooooozee

Posted at 7:51 PM on June 16, 2013

every show has an audience and sometimes I learn I may not be the audience for a show like the voice when performers like Ms. Hill are ejected. Adam made a comment about one of her performances that made me feel he was living in my head – he said she wasn’t singing like a contestant but like a performer. when i had originally turned the program on that night and she was performing, i had a moment of “oh, who is this artist? she’s good. how come i don’t recognize her” lol…i’m a confident i will see her again and am equally confident that this was my last voice season. no offense to usher and the international superstar shakira but a bigger yawn fest i’ve never witnessed!

Angie Carter

Posted at 9:43 PM on June 11, 2013

What I hear is a lot of whiney, sore losers. The show has always been about AMERICA voting. I aree that both Sarah and Judith have great voices,however Judith was way over the top for most people. I can’t believe that adults would quit watching a program because their favorite didn’t win.

Angela Terrell-Castron

Posted at 5:41 PM on June 14, 2013

if you’re not entertained then that’s why they stop. Just having a good voice is not enough today, unfortunately. You have to have some style, charisma. I don’t see that in Danielle. Blake played it safe with her. I like the Swon bros. They are the only reason why I would watch. Michelles’ good, but not great. She’s just lucky to have Usher picking the songs.

Angela Terrell-Castron

Posted at 5:43 PM on June 14, 2013

I also think Judith was too mature for the young audience. I’m older and I was comparing her to Patty LaBelle when she was with her group. Now that was entertainment!

Queen V

Posted at 10:41 PM on June 5, 2013

never watching the “Voice” again…….Sarah and Judith were the best…its not interesting anymore…plus I think the viewers really miss Christina Aguerila….

mark strange

Posted at 1:48 PM on June 5, 2013

While i was surprised that sarah got voted off Amber Carrington is a much better singer and judith would never be able to compete agaist the voice of The Swon Brothers, or Danielle Bradbury, Amber can, Amber is a solid singer the fact that Adam could give Amber a song that she never heard of the song, or the band,(it was a song by skidrow, she didn’t know it because, they were popular 20 years before she was born in a genre she doesn’t sing) and just sing through it once and said i got it and hit a home run with it. I commented on my blog about this mark-strange-music.blogspot.com, (I actually created my blog, because of this, and because of Adam’s comments, what he exactly said was I hate Country! some have misreported that he said I hate my country others said that he said i hate this country, he said I hate country! as in Country Music, please read my blog, comments are welcome

Angela Terrell-Castron

Posted at 5:45 PM on June 14, 2013

agree with u

ucbr

Posted at 12:48 AM on June 4, 2013

Not watching the rest of the season and maybe never again. I have already cancelled the season series on my DVR. The show itself is fantastic up until the fans start to vote. It screws up the whole premise of the show. No way in the world Judith should not have won, and would have, if the professionals are running the asylum. Once the amateurs start picking, the Voice turns into any other of the lousy reality shows in this genre.

Kelvin

Posted at 9:22 PM on June 2, 2013

Team Adam has the most powerful and talented group of singers at the beginning of this season. He made some mistakes like eliminating Sasha Allan. But overall, I though his three remaining singers were still fantastic. I found it shocking that two of his singers were eliminated.

Amber’s performance of Skyfall was phenomenal. All season long, I’ve always thought that Amber was a very pretty little girl, but that performance for the first time made me see her as a very beautiful woman. Judith Hill has a terrific voice; but I think she made a wrong song choice.

I was really bummed when Sarah was eliminated. Her performance of “Somebody that I used to know” was great as usual and I simply do not think that she deserved to be eliminated and I think America definitely made a mistake. Her voice was one of my favorite on the show. I found most of the other singers, as great as they are, are too much of a cookie cutter type of singers whereas Sarah’s voice was unique and I love listening to her sing everyone of her songs.

Actually, I also liked Caroline Glaser’s unique voice as well. Clearly, most people in the States likes to have more of the same old, same old. There is no place for the beautiful and unique sounds of these wonderful ladies in the States. How sad?!!

Maria Rosal

Posted at 8:12 PM on June 3, 2013

I’m very disappointed with America for not appreciating the two most talented singers that enter this singing competition. Sarah Simms & Judith Hill are simply the best & should be in the finals. I’m not going to say that I’m not watching the Voice anymore. But boy I’m not looking forward watching it like I used to. Hopefully Amber, Michelle & Sasha makes it through tonight!

huguana

Posted at 7:27 AM on June 23, 2013

Leave Adam Levine alone. You americans preach the freedom of speech but dont seem to be walking the talk. Get real

mark strange

Posted at 2:08 PM on June 5, 2013

what did judith in was 2 things (I must state i wasnt a fan of her style of music) she picked a song that was so far out of her wheelhouse, that in practice she was flat pitchy, and Adam at that point should have told her pick another song, on the other side of things, in my view he tried to throw Amber under the bus, and she said, you realize this is out of my genre the first time to which he said to her, you need to sing something besides country, then after she was his only artist he did it again, i write about this on my blog, that he twice threw her under the bus, I really like Adam however some of his choices this year have left me baffled. Also, when she sang that last song the night before she got voted off, Usher whom, i really respect as a coach, said to her your a talented singer however, this song was out of your wheelhouse, you were pitchy and flat he went on saying, while i understand what your coach was trying to do that wasnt the song. check my comments at mark-strange-music.blogspot.com

phiki

Posted at 4:25 PM on June 13, 2013

Are you retarded? Who would read your nonsense blog? You can’t even hear right.
Read it yourself.

Angela Terrell-Castron

Posted at 5:48 PM on June 14, 2013

agree.

Shane

Posted at 7:50 PM on June 2, 2013

Totally not watching anymore. Sarah’s voice is one in a billion and Judith resonated immense vocal technique. The Voice is turning into American Idol by getting rid of AMAZING singers for a POPULARITY contest. Miss ya Sarah :/ but you’ll go far anyways

zyggie

Posted at 1:24 PM on June 1, 2013

Not watching anymore. If the talent of Sarah Simmons and Judith Hill is NOT appreciated and the show (per votes????) keep the swom bros. than it is NOT about the “Voice” it’s personality contest.

100% agree with some of the bloggers …Will NOT watch The Voice again.

Martine

Posted at 9:38 PM on June 1, 2013

Totally agree, they lost me too.

Am-os

Posted at 12:33 PM on June 3, 2013

Agreed 100%…I am not interested in watching a show that cuts incredible and unique talent. This was my first season watching The Voice (have never really been into these types of shows) and I had such high hopes since I thought it was actually about the voice…that has proven to not be the case. The only person left that is of the same caliber as Judith and Sarah is Michelle (take it home, girl!)…even though Danielle has a beautiful voice her rendition of Grandpa was terrible, I kept waiting for Sasha to step up (you can tell she has it in her) but she has yet to produce as expected, the Swon Brothers just don’t belong in the top eight forget about the top six…neither does Holly, and Amber has only recently started proving her ability. By my figures (in my opinion) there are several artist that should have been cut before these two…very disappointed in The Voice and removed it from my DVR immediately!

malaysian

Posted at 10:44 AM on June 1, 2013

come on people! those two has the best voice compared to others in that show. Adam clearly has three of the strongest artist on the show. BTW, Sarah has a very lovely voice and I thought she will win.

Ulysse Windon

Posted at 9:20 PM on May 31, 2013

I am not watching the show anymore as well. THE PRODUCERS need to monitor the vote from the public, and if the general public gets it wrong…THE PRODUCERS need to change the vote so that soooo many viewers will not be outraged. The show is named “THE VOICE” , how could the producers allow the best voices to be eliminated. Honestly, with these two brilliant voices GONE…why watch this show. And, I think that because of this misshape, many devoted fans will stop watching this show. And, THE PRODUCERS are to blame! THE PRODUCERS disappointed so many of the show’s supporters, THE VOICE should be taking off the air. Whoever wins…WILL NOT BE “THE BEST” VOICE! So who the hell cares who wins.

Monica lacour

Posted at 7:06 PM on May 31, 2013

I am very disgusted that America choose to send home the most talented singers home and kept the Swan brothers and Sasha we need voices That’s rare and we love I am never going to watch this show again.adam had the best team like always and y’all choose Blake’s team as if they can sing.what the hell is going on and who is counting the votes.because it had to be wrong

jimmymackey

Posted at 3:13 PM on May 31, 2013

Yes, the Swon Brothers do sound a little generic, but they are decent and sing on pitch. The question is whether there are enough Country music fans watching the show to put a Country singer in the winners seat. I love watching The Voice, but it is so difficult when I work long hours at my job at DISH. My DISH Hopper whole home DVR helps me watch more TV now though because I watch in the morning, while I’m getting ready for work. I press pause in the bedroom, then continue where I left off by watching in the living room or kitchen. That way I don’t miss a thing, while maximizing the opportunities I have to watch TV.

Barbara Harrell

Posted at 3:04 PM on May 31, 2013

I voted for Judith to stay, but not Sarah. Even so, I was not surprised Judith went home. Even though I liked her, she had low sales on iTunes and few views on YouTube. In order for her to be successful, people have to want to pay for her songs and watch her music videos. Even though Judith impressed me with her performances, I didn’t buy any of her songs. I wish her the best though, because she is a very talented lady.

june

Posted at 12:49 PM on May 31, 2013

judith hill was the best singer on the voice! extremely talented!

Mary Ellen Lanigan

Posted at 4:32 AM on May 31, 2013

THe Swon brothers are insipid at best. Even Blake mentions that he likes a well-delivered lyric…honestly I didn’t detect any of the bridge lyrics to seven bridges road. Sarah is the best singer I have heard in a long time, I am so moved by her performances, hanging on every note.
Would it help to continue downloading her songs???? Probably not. I hope Adam can help her in her career. Tell me it is so!

Donna

Posted at 11:32 PM on May 30, 2013

I truly was shocked. Judith Hills’ elimination is insane. I’m not going to watch anymore.

Susan Lewis

Posted at 5:11 PM on May 31, 2013

Agree 100%

myk aayah ekyra yasara

Posted at 8:16 PM on May 30, 2013

That show is pathetic. JH is the bedt singer I have heard in a long time and can perform

Mike

Posted at 2:49 PM on May 30, 2013

Danielle and holly allways sing good but not great.
Swon Bros are just a crap.
Sasha does every song too too dramatic. I m sick and tired of her.
Amber is better than the other 2 country girls but not Judith and Sarah.
Michelle is great. I hope She’ll win.