Chinese Baby Flushed Down Toilet — Mom Didn’t Intend To Flush Baby

Wed, May 29, 2013 4:11pm EDT by 25 Comments
Chinese Baby Flushed Down Toilet
Courtesy of CNN

The mother of a newborn baby boy, who was heroically rescued from a sewage pipe in China, has come forward to reveal what really happened the day she flushed her infant down an apartment toilet.

A newborn baby boy remains in stable condition in the hospital after being rescued from a sewage pipe in a Chinese apartment building. While the baby boy recovers, the young mother has come forward to reveal she didn’t mean for her infant to be flushed down the toilet.

Baby’s Mom Reveals What Happened When Baby Was Born

Police questioned the woman claiming to be the boy’s mom, who said that she didn’t mean for her baby boy to fall inside the toilet, according to CNN.

“That day she felt stomach aches,” Jiang Song, the vice director of police, said. “So she went to the toilet. It was actually close to her due date and the baby just slid out.”

Even though the woman has not been identified, police say she is in her early 20s. So far, police believe her story, according to CNN.

Baby Recovering After Being Rescued From Pipe

The precious infant, known as “Baby 59,” is recovering well in the hospital and drinking formula. He has made a miraculous recovery, considering the dire circumstances under which he was found.

“When the baby arrived here, he was in critical condition,” Zhang Songhe, a nurse of the pediatric department of the Pujiang County People’s Hospital, told the Daily Mail. “We suspect he has a fracture in the top right section of his skull. But now everything has been stabilized.”

Chinese Baby Flushed Down Toilet Alive

The infant was found after residents of an apartment building in Jinhua city, Zhejiang province, heard cries from a fourth-floor apartment bathroom, according to CNN.

Once authorities arrived on the scene, they tried to pull the baby boy out of the toilet, but with no success. So the rescuers ran to the floor below the apartment, and sawed away the section of the pipe where the baby was stuck. Unfortunately, rescuers couldn’t remove the baby from the sewage pipe, even after it was sawed off.

Authorities brought the pipe the hospital, and carefully cut out the infant.

What do YOU think of the mom’s story, HollyMoms? Let us know in the comments below!

WATCH: Chinese Baby Boy Survives Being Flushed Down Toilet

CNN

More Heroic Baby Rescues:

1. Police Officer Rescues Toddler & Two-Week-Old Baby From Sweltering Car
  2. Newborn Baby Boy Found Abandoned In Florida Parking Lot
  3. Heroic Father Rescues Daughter From Abductor’s Arms

Lisaette

Posted at 2:42 PM on June 3, 2013

She didn’t want her baby . She did that on prepuce she should go to jail and die

Thalie

Posted at 10:45 AM on May 30, 2013

The baby fell in the pipe because it’s a squat toilet, where you squat down over a big hole/pipe, no bowl. She obviously did not flush the toilet because the baby would have drowned. Think before commenting on things you don’t know.

LissaCaldina

Posted at 9:52 AM on May 30, 2013

Reblogged this on Welcome To My World (My Life My Way ツ. My Destiny).

Heaven & Earth

Posted at 8:10 AM on May 30, 2013

I bit the mommy flashed the baby, coz if she didn’t then the baby would have just in the toilet bowl not in the zeewage pipe. and how come she did not ask for help right after what happened…

Moonangel4evr

Posted at 7:38 AM on May 30, 2013

I don’t see how a baby can even fit through a toilet hole. Even a small one, and thus was normal size. Mine was a premie and wouldn’t have fit. Unless they have very different toilets than we do. And by the way, the reason a baby fits through a vagina us because it stretches, idiot. A toilet doesn’t.

Timmy

Posted at 7:10 AM on May 30, 2013

There isn’t any evidence that the baby is actually ‘flushed’. It is a squat toilet that thing can drop into the pipe with out flushing.

Mizar Mhaladi

Posted at 2:36 AM on May 30, 2013

she is lying how do you flush a baby down a toliet on accident… Really that doesn’t seem like an accident but it is insane. Oh my god at the least the baby is recovering.again she could have reported the accident,of which she didn’t the infant was found after residents of an apartment building in Jinhua city, Zhejiang province, heard cries from a fourth-floor apartment bathroom,

Sunday

Posted at 1:30 AM on May 30, 2013

I totally agree with @taishe

Ashley

Posted at 11:44 PM on May 29, 2013

I think she is lying think about it you have to cut the umbilicul cord . but its a damb shame if you dont want kids keep your legs closed.

taishe

Posted at 10:52 PM on May 29, 2013

They should not definitely NOT allow this baby to go back with his mother what type of mom flushed a baby that she just went into labor with down the toilet if she cared anything about this child and this was a accident she would have went and got help right Then and there

brandy

Posted at 10:36 PM on May 29, 2013

How does a baby even fit through the hole? My daughter was 5.6 lbs and looking in the toilet she would not have fit!

halle

Posted at 3:45 AM on May 30, 2013

Well, a baby somehow fits through a vagina so it wouldn’t be too hard to fit in a toilet hole…

R BetKe (@rogerbethke)

Posted at 9:33 PM on May 29, 2013

Gosh officer, I just went to the bathroom to take a #2, and..Whoa! …he just popped right out! Then, I accidentally pushed the lever and flushed em’ down! I promise to never to do it again, I swear. Can I have my baby back now?

Kiki

Posted at 9:10 PM on May 29, 2013

Do you have to have an IQ of 0 to be part of the Chinese police? Who on their right mind will believe this story? I can understand she was scared and inexperienced but flushing the toilet, leaving a baby there?! I guess the Chinese authorities just don’t have the money or time to deal with another child and prefer to leave him on the care of an unfit mother than not to take responsibility for him. Does Angelina Jolie has any room?

Mel

Posted at 9:08 PM on May 29, 2013

Can somebody put this crazy mother in the toilet so I can flush her!!! And believe me, it will not be an “accident”!

Sarah

Posted at 9:06 PM on May 29, 2013

I agree with all of the comments as well.

Sarah

Posted at 9:24 PM on May 29, 2013

OK I said that I agreed with all of the comments on here, but I don’t agree with one. God will not decide what happens to this baby…people will decide. If God was looking out for him, then why did he allow the mother flush him down the toilet? That comment is definitely flawed.

gigi

Posted at 8:58 PM on May 29, 2013

I really feel like she did flush that toilet she knew what she was doing, but after that baby being able to survive,i feel like she wants to be his mother and trutly regrets what she has done. BUT i do not feel like she should keep that baby, i feel like the baby deserve a good home. ONLY god will decide what will happen. i’m praying this baby gets what he deserves.

Really??? Common Sense

Posted at 8:54 PM on May 29, 2013

Wow I can’t believe this article.. how do you flush a baby down a toliet on accident… Really that doesn’t seem like an accident but it is insane. Oh my, at the least the baby is recovering.

Tonya

Posted at 7:35 PM on May 29, 2013

I agree with all the comments!!!

Annie McAdams (@AnnieMcAdams1)

Posted at 6:01 PM on May 29, 2013

until I saw the check 4 $7083, I did not believe that my cousin could truley bringing home money part-time on there computar.. there brothers friend had bean doing this for less than 12 months and a short time ago cleared the morgage on there apartment and bought a top of the range audi. I went here, Exit35.comTAKE A LOOK

hilda

Posted at 5:23 PM on May 29, 2013

I could understand possibly giving birth to the baby in the toilet. If it’s her first she could have been ignorant and those “stomach aches” were probably contractions. However, she flushed the toilet. Not an accident. Bunch of BS.

Danielle

Posted at 5:13 PM on May 29, 2013

It’s bull. If it really was an accident she would of came forward or called for help. She does not deserve to be a mother.

Chelle

Posted at 5:04 PM on May 29, 2013

That’s a bunch of BS. A baby just “slid out” And she didn’t call for help immediately?? That’s insane.

Debi

Posted at 4:52 PM on May 29, 2013

I cal BS on that it wasn’t intentional. If it just slid out which is hard to believe. Why didn’t she call for help right away?