‘The Voice': Usher & Shakira’s Teams Survive After Shocking Eliminations

Tue, May 28, 2013 10:34pm EDT by 25 Comments
The Voice Recap
Courtesy of NBC

Phoenix

Posted at 9:44 PM on June 3, 2013

Sorry, but I, too think Judith picked the wrong song. Up until last week, I was a fervent supporter of Judith Hill, but that song turned me off and I did not vote at all. In the past, I would vote online and call in as well, giving her as many votes as possible. I know now that I would not purchase her music. I wish her success in the future, but I am no longer a fan. That’s just my humble opinion, to which I am entitled. Sasha is the only one left that I am interested in hearing sing. At first I thought Michelle was okay, but I hear her straining to sing at times, or her voice just fades off a bit. Oh well, The voice is getting boring, and Judith got voted off, by her own “undoing” with a horrible song choice.

STORYtMAN

Posted at 7:10 AM on May 29, 2013

I believe all will have record contracts and i think they are all great entertainers. But i don’t believe the wann brothers should have been in the save. My hat is off to all the contestants for they are very good. but i have to admit I too believe that Danielle Bradbury will win it all.

STORYtMAN

Posted at 11:54 AM on May 30, 2013

let re say what i ment with the swann brothers should have been voted off.

Sherry Hitch (@sherry_hitch)

Posted at 1:20 AM on May 29, 2013

as Ernest said I cant believe that someone able to get paid $5283 in 1 month on the computer. did you see this web site ———-> Rich6.comREAL

tiger4199

Posted at 12:49 AM on May 29, 2013

I think it will come down to Danielle and Michelle unless one or both really slip up Danielle has been in the top 10 on Itunes every week none of the others have

Sunday

Posted at 12:44 AM on May 29, 2013

What a shocking result! Love both Judith and Sarah but Team Blake is obviously better

Lily

Posted at 12:35 AM on May 29, 2013

I cannot believe the comment Adam Levine made. Right after Amber Carrington was announced Adam said I hate this country! Well, Adam that can work both ways. I can honestly say I don’t think I’ll be buying your stuff anymore. I have 35 of Maroon 5’s song on my IPOD. I think Adam needs to take a long look at himself and maybe it’s his attitude that is making him a loser. I personally think Judith and Sarah have nice voices but I couldn’t see buying a ticket to a concert or even an album by them. Judith picked her song and sold the way she wanted to sing it. I didn’t like it. I have never been a big fan of Sarah’s so I knew she would be leaving.

Lee

Posted at 1:12 AM on May 29, 2013

FYI – Most live shows have a 5 second delay. I would be willing to bet that the rest of Adam’s sentence was likely cut off/silenced (i.e., “I hate this country #%$&! ….”) because he attacked a genre of music that is popular with the audience and obviously the basis of Blake’s career. Adam can use some cuss words, but for the producers, criticizing his fellow judge and/or a popular form of music would be too much. So, no, I don’t think that he was stupid enough to actually criticize the entire US population. More like he is frustrated that The Voice is becoming The (Country) Voice.

Hannah

Posted at 12:32 AM on May 29, 2013

I can’t believe Sarah got sent home! She was one of my favorites this season… I guess I’m going to be Team Michelle from here on out. I’m actually never home to watch The Voice live these days because I’m always working my shift at DISH when it’s on. My DISH Hopper always tapes it for me though. It records all the primetime shows on NBC every night. This way, I can always come home, turn my favorite show on and not have to worry about missing anything.

Really???

Posted at 12:31 AM on May 29, 2013

Song choice is a big part of it… The stylist for Judith Hill should be fired! She looked like Tina Turner from ‘Beyond the Thunderdome’. Absolutely brutal and partly to blame. He can you connect with anyone when you can’t be comfortable in what you’re wearing. Total distraction…

Anthony

Posted at 12:14 AM on May 29, 2013

The reality – “I can’t wait to go back to Japan” comment is what turned the public away from Judith Hill. That turned the tables. My wife and I were shocked and knew that she was gone.

Cindy Leine

Posted at 12:07 AM on May 29, 2013

JUDITH HILL WAS THE BEST SHE IS THE WHOLE PACKAGE MICHAEL JACKSON THOUGHT SO!!! SOMEONE WILL SIGN HER TO A RECORD DEAL

Lee

Posted at 1:16 AM on May 29, 2013

Say whatever you want about Michael Jackson’s personal life. The fact remains that he was an incredibly talented musician and artist of not only his own work, but when working with others artists as well (and I say this as someone who was not much of a fan of his even in the 80’s).

zyggie

Posted at 10:37 AM on May 29, 2013

There ya go.
Judith and Sarah will be fine. They will excel.
The swom brothers are a novility act and have very limited talent. I noticed they played on the publics emotions in ref. to the storm victims in Oklahoma.

And making faces on stage of that horror character was gross. I think they are silly and someone is pulling strings to keep them on the show.

That’s it for me and THE VOICE, it’s really not about talent anymore. Let’s see who wins. If the Swom bros win, that is a slap in the face to all the contestants gone and still there.

logan sweeney

Posted at 11:35 PM on May 28, 2013

I think Danielle Bradbury will win it all!!

Mari

Posted at 12:05 AM on May 29, 2013

I don’t think she should

kevin

Posted at 12:29 AM on May 29, 2013

if she does not because she is the best all around talent. michelle has showed star potential

tiger4199

Posted at 12:46 AM on May 29, 2013

I think it will come down to Danielle and Michelle unless one or both really slip up Danielle has been in the top 10 on I tunes every week none of the others have

JustMyOpinion

Posted at 11:30 PM on May 28, 2013

I thought Adam Levine was overly confident about Judith Hill. I’ve listened to her songs every week, and I honestly believe that a couple of the singers left in the race to win are better than her. As others have said, she really didn’t connect to the audience very well and her hair was a distraction. I think Sarah Simmons is a good singer, but you really need “star power” to stay alive in this show, and I do not believe that she had that.

abe

Posted at 11:13 PM on May 28, 2013

o,k. Shakira, let’s spend the night together!!

Rob Whiteley

Posted at 11:04 PM on May 28, 2013

This is such an incredibly wonderful show this year. All four judges have an unbelievable chemistry and the blend of their talents and personalities is simply magic … with a host and producer to match. The talent is so strong this year, not just in terms of musicality but in terms of how they present themselves as people. As I said before, just wonderful. The only disappointments in the mix are the public. Unbelievable that people in general could be so wrong to vote off Judith Hill … one of the top three performers by any measure. I think it’s great to involve the “public,” but this voting was just not right when it comes to Hill. The goal should be to have the greatest talent in the final four. It says to me that the public should only be given partial decision making power until the final pairing, and then maybe they should only get part of the vote.

Aimee

Posted at 10:53 PM on May 28, 2013

I would have love to see Judith make it to top 4 although I am more of a Sasha and Danielle fan.

Mari

Posted at 12:07 AM on May 29, 2013

I think she should have made it to the final 4 too. Danielle is starting to be overly confident. Not good.

Dani

Posted at 10:38 PM on May 28, 2013

SARAH SIMMONS<3 That's such a shame but I really hope Adam helps her in spite of this!!

zyggie

Posted at 10:40 AM on May 29, 2013

Same here. I hope Adam helps Sarah and Judith. No one really knows if he helps them after the show ends. I noticed CEE LO had one of his people with him and is doing an album with her, I forgot her name but, at least he is helping her beyond the show.