‘DWTS’ Finale Recap: [Spoiler] Wins The Mirror Ball Trophy

Tue, May 21, 2013 10:59pm EDT by 47 Comments
Kellie Pickler Wins Dancing With The Stars
Courtesy ABC

Anonomyous

Posted at 11:13 PM on November 26, 2013

I DEFINITELY don’t think that right person won.Someone else was better.But that’s just my opinion.I truly believe some else should of won.Why is it if you mess up once.Your whole past just dissapears everyone forgets all those other PHENOMENAL dances and judge you on that dance.It just messes me up.I really do like that they give America the right to vote but when it comes to the important stuf that matters leave it to the pros.Some people are biased like vote on how they look or if they like their acting or singing or dancing in there actual careers instead of the dancing that goes on,on the show.I know people don’t believe this but YOUR VOTE DOES COUNTS.Please think about it before you choose.Also,No offence to kellie pickler I like her dancing she’s very graceful.This is just my comment don’t take offence,I repeat this is just my comment. Have a nice thanksgiving! =)

– Anonomyous

Nana JuJu

Posted at 5:40 PM on June 11, 2013

It was a close competition, but I truly believe the right person won. The premise of the show is to take a non-dancer and teach them to dance. Derek did a wonderful job of doing just that with Kellie. I understand the type of dance Zendaya did wasn’t ballroom, but she already had the basics of performing. Plus I didn’t think she improved as much in the 10 weeks as Kellie. I also think Kellie’s freestyle dance was so incredible, she pulled in a lot of the undecided votes on the last week. If you didn’t have a preference by the finals, her freestyle would have surely convinced you to vote for her. Even the pros interviewed later were blown away by that freestyle…so if you can impress the pros, you’ve done a great dance. DWTS was a great platform for Zendaya to make herself known outside of the Disney channel. I believe we’ll see that young lady in the future. She’s got a bright future ahead of her. I just pray she doesn’t go the way of some other former child stars whose lives had such promise, but they threw it all away by bad choices. Hopefully, her strong family bonds will keep her in the right direction. Kellie, on the other hand, had to make it all on her own without the benefit of nurturing parents. So kudos to Kellie for reaching her dreams in singing….and now, as Derek says, she can call herself a dancer, too.

Rosaline

Posted at 1:26 AM on May 23, 2013

Zendaya should’ve won hands down. Kellie was great, but Zendaya, my gosh, she was…indescribable. My gut’s saying something incredibly fishy was going on. I wish a recount was possible. :/

And about Kellie’s freestyle, although it moved me to tears, but shouldn’t it be about the overall effort and not just judge someone on one incredible dance? I wanted Zendaya to win cuz of the overall dancing, I really thought she had a chance and apparently, so did many other people.

Rosaline

Posted at 1:24 AM on May 23, 2013

Maisy

Posted at 10:45 PM on May 22, 2013

Kellie was amazing!!!! Derek always seems to get the most out of his partners. Can’t wait to see what he will do next. I hope Kellie will continue dancing. Their freestyle was beautiful. It definitely touched my heart! Great season!

Rose

Posted at 7:14 PM on May 22, 2013

Zendaya should have won, kellie’s edge is her partner, so my suggestion is a dance with the same choreography for all finalists at least, that’s how you can eliminate the partner from the formula and come up with who really is the best contestant

JimmyMackey

Posted at 2:17 PM on May 22, 2013

Mellie, I agree that Kellie was really the best choice and she really gave us her hard work as an amateur to show what the average person can do, rather than someone who is already gifted with their body, like an athlete. Normally though, I watch the show the next morning, but my wife and I watched live while my two kids watched their shows in separate rooms. My friends from my DISH office came over too. What I really liked was that everyone in my family was happy watching their own shows because my DISH Hopper DVR has three tuners, so we don’t have to fight anymore.

Ava

Posted at 6:33 PM on May 22, 2013

Really, I think Zendaya and Val should’ve won. Kellie was fantastic but I gotta hand it to you, for a 16 year old girl, it was pretty incredible and impressive, so Zendaya should’ve been the winner. They all worked hard though and I’m proud of that. But like I said before, Zendaya is amazing!

Connie

Posted at 10:05 PM on May 22, 2013

Zendaya was absolutely fabulous, but is experienced with Disney shows — also has many years ahead to win trophies. Kellie started from scratch & worked hard, learned enuf to deserve the trophy. Hands down WINNER 2013!!!