Michelle Obama’s Hair Makeover: Side-Swept Bangs

Fri, May 17, 2013 7:06pm EDT by 13 Comments
Michelle Obama Bangs
Courtesy of Getty

Our beauty savvy First Lady got a new ‘do, and it suits her perfectly! Although we loved her youthful bangs, her latest hair change is definitely a hit! Are you a fan of her new look?

After switching to a bold cut last month that featured a straight-across fringe, Michelle Obama, 49, admitted that the bangs were “getting a little irritating.” On May 17, the First Lady gave a commencement address at Bowie State University and debuted a new look with longer side-swept bangs!

Michelle Obama’s Bangs: Her Midlife Crisis

Michelle originally jumped into the cut due to a midlife crisis that she experienced around her 49th birthday in January. On the Rachael Ray Show, Michelle confessed,”They won’t let me bungee jump. So instead, I cut my bangs.”

However, the trendy bangs grew out rather quickly, and we all know that there’s no worse feeling than the prickle of overgrown bangs in your eyes — especially when you have more important things to worry about like being the First Lady!

Michelle Obama Adapts To Longer Bangs

Luckily, her whispy bangs have finally grown out long enough to sweep to the side and stay out of her eyes. The side-swept look totally complimented her shoulder-length waves.

Like any girl, Michelle wants to keep up with the changing trendy hair styles and after five months, she did just that! “It’s fun but you know, I’m like a girl, what’s next?” she explained.

It’s so impressive that the First Lady keeps her beauty look fresh, yet is still so devoted to her position. In rational Michelle reasoning, she stated, “Bangs are a day-by-day proposition.” Good way to look at it!

HollywoodLifers, we know not everyone LOVED Michelle’s first dramatic cut, but what do you think of this one? Should she have stuck with her short bangs or let them grow out and sweep ‘em aside? Vote below and tell us what you think!
– Courtney Dunn

More On Michelle Obama’s Bangs:

1. Michelle Obama: My Bangs Are ‘Getting A Little Irritating’
  2. Karl Lagerfeld Disses Michelle Obama’s Bangs — ‘Fringe Was Not A Good Idea’
  3. Michelle Obama’s Bangs — First Lady Cuts Blunt Fringe

financial advisor bank of america

Posted at 10:45 AM on October 8, 2014

Corporate Taxes: All business structures pay taxes on the income made in that particular business.
6) Easy export and import:- A tax preparer can easily import W-2, Schedule D, Trial balance and Year-end balance, as well as forms like child’s form
8615 and K-1 data from 1041, 1120S, and 1065 are easily exportable.

For a common judgment creditor lien to outrank an IRS
lien the lien needs to get recorded before the IRS’s
lien is recorded, and be a “Choate” lien; which means it is a
final lien circumstance, and that lien specifically lists what’s attached.

lasercap efficacy

Posted at 8:42 AM on October 4, 2014

It is an unfortunate irony that many “nutritional” products people
take to improve their appearance have the side effect
of causing them to go bald. They use a multi-therapeutic
approach, trying to win the war on hair loss by using every possible
angle. Men and women who have long, medium or short hair can benefit equally from products that
contain this wholesome milk.

deck ideas for grecian style pools

Posted at 3:35 PM on September 29, 2014

Artificial baits include spoons, jigs, ribbon baits, rattler baits & streamer
baits. After users select their avatar they’re transported into their apartment.
If you are getting ready to go deep-sea fishing, there are a
few things you might want to know about sea fishing bait.

the best instant fake tan

Posted at 7:41 PM on September 18, 2014

The more one is exposed to the sun the more one can reduce the
SPF factor of the lotion at the risk of the skin becoming dried out, leathery and full of wrinkles.
Since 10% of California’s budget goes to pay for its prison system, the idea is that AB 109 will free up billions in the state budget.
I picture a white light swirling around me, and see myself smiling and happy as I say to myself, “I am Happy, I am Healthy, I am Wealthy, I am Wise, I am Light, I am Love.

hybrid kit for cars

Posted at 10:38 AM on September 2, 2014

Ӏts leading character is based on Eugene’s tragic yyet infinitely romantic еlder
brother Jamie, who also dominates the. “The list of people below are all members of the 27 club, having been musicians that died at the age of twenty seven. That is to say which you have to locate an region exactly where the supply is low and the demand is high as a way to get the very best profit scenario.

Storage units in atlanta ga 30314

Posted at 1:05 AM on August 15, 2014

Hiring a moving company one can count on is crucial. Hostgator claims that it uses shared and reseller servers which are 130%
powered by wind and it has certified renewable energy credits needed for
generating efficient and reliable dedicated servers.
Using a yacht delivery service is a simple decision for sea-crossings, but what about moving a
motor yacht interstate from say Sydney to Brisbane or San Francisco to Los Angeles.

Samantha

Posted at 8:04 PM on May 21, 2013

My favorite First Lady in the whole wide world!!! We love you here in the U.K!!! Unpretentious, smart, beautiful, kind, caring, down to earth, gracious in the face of the most vicious and hateful attacks!! Michelle Obama has to be one of the best role models for women the world over. A terrific wife and mother and a fantastic modern day First Lady, she does it all so effortlessly.

Carly Peitel

Posted at 4:43 AM on May 19, 2013

Not bad, not bad at all—but would look more stunning & edgy, perfectly STRAIGHT!

Sergio DeSantis

Posted at 1:35 AM on May 19, 2013

Amicos, I have never liked Michelle, and I feel that she is only doing these “hair-style” changes for the media attention! Michelle is the “Kris Jenner” of politics, very spotlight hungry!! She’d much rather live life like a “celebrity” instead of a first lady (her husband, President Barak Obama, has the same mindset; great minds think alike, I suppose, by the way, amicos, that’s not a compliment)! Amicos, in my lifetime, I have never seen a first lady so into herself like Michelle. Come to think of it, the Obamas would probably feel offended if their face wasn’t on TV for a single day! Well amicos, regardless of the circumstances, I’d say both could use immediate counseling (that also goes for V-P Biden and Barak’s press secretary Jay Carney, too)!

Dan

Posted at 11:26 AM on May 18, 2013

Mom Michelle, you are beautiful in all styles, we love you forever…..

Lane

Posted at 12:10 AM on May 18, 2013

Exquisite and amazing woman! I love Michelle Obama…

me again

Posted at 11:33 PM on May 17, 2013

however u put it, you can’t fix ugy

abe

Posted at 10:45 PM on May 17, 2013

yes indeed, SHOW THEM WHO YOU ARE!!