‘Vampire Diaries’ Season Finale Recap: Stefan Makes A Dark Discovery

Thu, May 16, 2013 11:00pm EDT by 267 Comments 26,260 Article Views
Vampire Diaries Stefan Dies
Courtesy of The CW (3)

sudhir

Posted at 5:08 PM on May 18, 2013

I liked delena but the way they laid foundation of their relationship makesme sick. Don’t like the couple anymore. N reading this finale I think VD just got more pathetic n idiotic! I mean bonnie dead!? How will they do without a witch?? N katherine of all ppl get that cure! What rubbish! N stefan dead is down right catastrophe!

Amy

Posted at 2:50 PM on May 18, 2013

did stephan die though?????

vwaire

Posted at 11:32 AM on May 18, 2013

am very happy,Elena and Demon together.is the best cos he is the best for her.i call them, that is,their love is an adventure love that is full of exploring.am happy she chose Demon.

❤TVD❤

Posted at 10:39 AM on May 18, 2013

Never mind that last post I missed the flashback part! Don’t know how I missed it the first 3 times!

❤TVD❤

Posted at 10:34 AM on May 18, 2013

So no one else has seemed to notice this but it was Silas posing as Elena with Stefan in the house when she gave him the cure – so Stefan could be dead if he took it. Also it could have been Silas with Damon as well because he knew Stefan was listening and her choosing Damon would give Stefan the push he needed to want to take the cure – Let me explain – Silas created the cure and if you notice Elena gave it to Stefan but he never gave it back to her – but she somehow has it in her pocket when she is fighting with Katherine – therefore the only logical conclusion is that Silas made another cure, posed as Elena to give it to Stefan while Elena still had the original cure which she gave to Katherine so Stefan could very well have taken the cure and drowned in that box. Did anyone else see Stefan give it back to her? I watched the episode 4 times to make sure I didn’t miss anything and I didn’t see him give it back to her so I don’t see how she could have known it was in her pocket unless she never took it out after Damon gave it to her.

deb

Posted at 7:13 PM on May 21, 2013

I am wondering if it was Silas as Stefan who gave Elena the cure, or if it was Silas as Elena fighting Katherine.

Katherine has yet to encounter Silas, so it could have been Silas as Elena, or Katherine as Silas. He could have gotten in Elena’s mind to remind her it was in her pocket and make her deliberately feed him the cure as Katherine. Also, it could have been Silas in Elena’s head about Stefan (Silas) handing her the cure. The episode was confusing.

The big kicker, how will they explain a living, breathing Jeremy walking around Mystic Falls??? A small town would know that he died. His photo was hanging on the wall at the school none of the group ever attend. .

Heidi

Posted at 3:34 AM on May 22, 2013

It was DE’s time. Even if for a little while. And as for Stefen sacrificing everything and Damon nothing, you are forgetting all the times Damon stood up for his brother, supported him knowing his little brother loved Elena, chose to be the “bad guy” so not to put his brother in that role, … Damon has been stronger and protected Stefen and Elena throughout Season 2-4. Damon could not just turn his feelings off for Elena w/o turning off his humanity again. I was; however, hoping that Stefen would find a new love and have a great time (even if for a little while). Instead, that guy is at the bottom of the gorge dying over and over again. :( I know he’s just a character, but I don’t even like thinking of poor Stefen. And, yes, wait until his brother finds out. He will do anything to save his brother…ANYTHING. Don’t make Damon out to be evil. Remember, he’s a vampire (they all have their weaknesses and personality traits that were “heightened” after they turned and remember, he didn’t want to be a vampire in the first place). Damon still loves and above all, the brothers love each other to death. The boys aren’t perfect. They are brothers. If the Stelena fans want that “epic” love back, the characters need to build that up again so we all want it. Who knows what Season 5 will bring for the 2. But for now, I’m relishing the Delena moment.

Shauna

Posted at 9:34 AM on May 18, 2013

Damon & Elena make me sick. Their foundation is based on Damon screwing over his own brother & if they think that it will last, then Damon is even more needy & pathetic than before. It’s stupid how people are soooo into a couple that-once the excitement wears off-will be done & then what will the DE fans do? They’ll be forced to face the truth that Damon & Elena are not the everlasting couple that they wished they were.

maria

Posted at 2:23 AM on May 31, 2013

There Foundation is build on starting with Hate , to Friends to Trust and to love, and that is a Foundation that will last. They will have obstacles, because they are both volatile People and Damon is unpredictable, but Elena knows that and still loves Him The Foundation of Stefan and Elena, that was build on lies, secrets and deceptions, and on elena needing a safety Net, because her parents died, like she told Matt , when He asked Her about stefan, She said I felt that He could not die on Me , like my Parents,and you schould be with the one that made you glad your alive, but that is gratitude. Damon she said He consumes Here and She can’t shake him, and Matt basically told her then, that she loves Damon. She was always to afraid to admit it, and beeing a vampire heightened that love and she was not afraid anymore. Damon did not screw over His brother, He time after time pushed elena towards him, even though he loved Her, even made her hate Him. Stefan broke up with Elena because He knew She loved His Brother. Elena loves Stefan, but not the Way She loves Damon. She grew up and is not that scared little girl anymore like She said., that is afraid to admit what She wants.The excitement will not wear of, because Delena will never be boring,, like i sad there two volatile People and it will be fun just watching damon trying to be a good boyfriend, he is unpredictable, impulsive insists on acting out like a child sometimes and that makes elena bossy and protective. She probly will be just happy he comes home alive at nigh lol. Jeremy living with Damon next Season schould be fun to watch to.

wale

Posted at 6:13 AM on May 18, 2013

i*realy wnt stefan nd elena 2 get bk #2geda,nd dat 1dat stefan becmin ‘dopp-s**t,there wil stil b sm conectn btwn dem,so no worries!!!@yall

tania

Posted at 2:49 AM on May 18, 2013

Really looking forward to human Katherine and more vampire Elena. Its sad the way Katherine blames Elena for ruining her life when it was already ruined the moment she was born (she’s a doppelganger created to break the curse) I dont think Elena will torment her the Katherine did to everybody. Okay, Silas’ true face is Stefan’s who is his doppelganger, does that mean that the girl Quetsiah (or however you spell it) is the true Original Petrova, and are we ever going to find out more about Tatia? I think this season would have been much better if the whole Silas thing had not been introduced and we had learned more about Esther’s spell to make her family immortal and how she used Tatia’s blood. We know that her blood was used not only to bind Klaus’ werewolf side but ingested by the entire Original Family to make them immortal.

Yuki

Posted at 11:58 PM on May 17, 2013

could it be like, Elena is the doppelganger of Katsia and Stefan is the doppelganger of Silas and they end up together? i mean, STELENA all the way!

Kay

Posted at 3:34 PM on May 18, 2013

I SO NEED STELENA BACK.

❤TVD❤

Posted at 11:19 PM on May 21, 2013

Bonnie is a decendant of Quetsiah not Elena. I’m also positive that she isn’t the original petrova doppelgänger as we already know they have traced the bloodlines of the petrovas back to the girl who they used as a sacrifice to make the originals. She was the original petrova and the spell on Klaus was that he had to have her doppelgängers blood to create his hybrids. Therefore there was no earlier petrova before her and that was 1000 years after Silas was put in the tomb.

Stephanie

Posted at 11:09 PM on May 17, 2013

Totally agree with the comment about what Klaus said to Caroline.. That was definitely the MOST romantic thing EVER said on TVD. I love Tyler, but I’m rooting for Klaroline!!! :):) Can’t wait till next season!!

nakie

Posted at 9:03 PM on May 17, 2013

something doesnt feel right……with diz finale……i never mic an episode bt dis episode feels like something is missing….y
THE INTEREST SEEMS LIKE IT JUST COME OUT FROM MEEE…….****

I THINK IAN AND NINA WORK IN REAL LIFE…..BUT NOT ELENA AND DAMON…………..ON TV……….

SOMETHING SEEMS OFF ,WITH DIZ TWO…………

BT NOW I THINK JULLIE XULD FOCUS ON KLAROLINE…….THEY XULD BE THE FOCUS ON SEOSON 5 NOT DELENA………..

WE WANT TO EVEN SEE STEFAN MORE OFTEN …………. MAYBE GETTING IT ON WITH KATARENA…….OTHER THAN ELENA…….

rebecca

Posted at 7:02 PM on May 17, 2013

I am very glad elena chose damon. I know many disagree but Stefan cant always have everything. I mean damon has been very kind and accepted the fact the elena loved Stefan when they were together. but now damon finally has the chance to be happy and get the girl he wanted every since catherin. I think the only reason damon has been the “bad guy” is because hes had a depressing love life and hes taking it all out through his actions. and I love matt and rebekka…cute couple and omg caroline and Klaus..Don’t get me started but theyre the cutest couple. I had already seen bonnie leaving the show so im not that surprised.and Im happy to see Jeremy back so now elana can be happy. and rofl dkm catherin drank the vampire cure. cant wait to see her being a human!

stacy

Posted at 6:32 PM on May 17, 2013

This show has definitely lost its appeal and I know it has to do with keeping Stefan and Elena apart. When I go back and watch the first two seasons, I am reminded of how much I miss the chemistry between the characters. This has become one bad soap opera. I tried to give Delena a fair chance, but it just doesn’t feel right. I am really hoping that the writers go back to their original formula. I also dont think the show will be the same without the Originals. This whole Silas plotline is so ridiculous.

Led

Posted at 5:27 PM on May 17, 2013

Elena surely picked the wrong brother. Stefan is the one for her. Elena is like his strength and Damon is so superficial in everything. No depth to him at all.

maria

Posted at 2:28 AM on May 31, 2013

actually Damon is the most complicated, character with the most depth on TV ever. That has build a Wall around Him a Mile High, that only Elena see’s through and was slowly breaking down that wall, to a certain extend, but not all yet.

Denisse

Posted at 3:39 PM on May 17, 2013

I don’t like Delena

Jordan Cullen

Posted at 2:45 PM on May 17, 2013

Reblogged this on The E-Report.

sashtonwam

Posted at 1:40 PM on May 17, 2013

Oh, also, anyone else find it funny that Aunt Jenna never returns? She WAS a vampire when she died, and she should have unfinished business like maybe getting revenge on Klaus or saying bye to (now ghost) Alaric or the kids….so shouldn’t she have shown up either time ghosts came back? Lol they never even mention her anymore. Poor Jenna.

KZnas

Posted at 2:02 PM on May 18, 2013

No she shouldn’t. In one of the previous episodes there is told that Jenna remained pure (I think because she didn’t kill anybody). And that she peacefully has crossed over.

sashtonwam

Posted at 1:33 PM on May 17, 2013

Having read some of the books (after watching the show) I was expecting Damon to be forced to take the cure–his character accidentally becomes human again in one of the books and has a miserable time readjusting. Of course if they had gone that route I’m pretty sure he would want to become a vampire again once cured of the werewolf venom–not too hard but everyone would see it as a waste, no doubt. And while I love Jeremy dearly, I wish Alaric had come back for good instead–his friendship with Damon is too precious to give up again! :'(

Anyway, I’m sure Stefan is NOT dead–just miserably drowning and starving while remaining immortal. Not gonna be a pretty sight when they eventually rescue him (a bloated, dessicated vampire?!)… That Silas doppelganger twist was VERY out-of-the-blue, but it was dumb of them to not understand that the best thing was to let the hunters kill Silas and be done with him when they had the chance. Stupid fixation on curing Elena when she doesn’t really want it. Hey, maybe the new “Stefan” won’t be so annoying. :P Finally we can see Damon and Elena in a REAL relationship!

Eleni1212

Posted at 1:26 PM on May 17, 2013

I’m DE fan and for three seasons we were seeing damon unhappy and not have the girl…on the other hand stefan had both katherine and elena! It’s time for damon to have some happiness !!! He deserves it after so much that he did for elena and his brother

Sasha

Posted at 11:43 PM on May 17, 2013

I disagree. Katherine and Elena CHOSE Stefan first. Damon was the one that came around and tried to take his brother’s girl. He made himself miserable by staying around. In no way is it fair that he is okay with taking the thing that made Stefan happy first. And Damon did do some things for SE but let’s not forget Stefan has never hesitated to help Damon. And even when Damon and Elena said they loved each other and kissed while Stefan was still in the house, Stefan still said he was happy for his brother. While I don’t think Damon deserves Elena, I think Stefan deserves someone better than Elena so DE doesn’t bother me. BUT in other news, who do you think is gonna figure out that Stefan isn’t really Stefan first in s5? I say either Caroline or Damon

Eleni1212

Posted at 1:21 PM on May 17, 2013

Damon had always respected stefan and elena….in many episodes he said good things for his brother to elena …. Stefan never said something good for damon…for three seasons he handled to be Elena’s friend!!

sashtonwam

Posted at 1:43 PM on May 17, 2013

Very true! I think that’s a big part of why I don’t like Stefan–he refuses to admit that Damon actually is very good at times, even though Damon’s been showing his good side since like five episodes into season 1. Stefan just likes to whine and bash his brother–at least Damon is man enough to admit his flaws!

Emma

Posted at 3:24 PM on May 17, 2013

Umm, so you do understand that Damon is Stefan’s brother. And Elena was Stefan’s girlfriend and they had sex right? Damon going after is little brothers girlfriend is just sick. Talk about sloppy seconds or an episode of Jerry Springer. Damon’s a freak for wanting someone his brother had sex with.

sashtonwam

Posted at 4:05 PM on May 17, 2013

Yes, but really that incident was just a plot device to make the shock of Elena being sired that much worse. And the focus of the love triangle is who is more deserving/better for Elena, not the sex–it seems like these days sex is considered automatic between couples so even if you ignore that, of course it’s still going to be an awkward love triangle with them being brothers, sex or no sex. But that awkward love triangle is what drives this show. I am of the opinion that Damon and Elena make each other better (although I often question her deserving either one)–plus Damon is waaay more entertaining and attractive. (IMO, that is.)

Georgina (@gc123x)

Posted at 1:15 PM on May 17, 2013

Oh god reading some of these comments make me sad. When people get too obsessed with one aspect/character/relationship in the whole it’s a shame because they can’t see the show as a whole & just go ahead & slate it because things didn’t go their way for their precious character. They can’t keep everyone happy. Both SE & DE have had ups & downs, you just have to go with it & enjoy the show as a whole.

Masearte

Posted at 1:28 PM on May 28, 2013

I agree some of these comments are so pathetic like there is so much more to TVD then the love triangle, now that she has chosen they should quit this triangle and focus on other storylines and more character developments.

filmiin1983

Posted at 6:36 PM on May 29, 2013

you are correct it’s time to move on.Elena choosing Damon is the best,no matter what the past will always come back and that is Stefan.

Masearte

Posted at 10:15 PM on May 29, 2013

Exactly!! Thank you finally Somone who has sense, no matter what yes Stefan will always be her first love she will always love him even if she is not with him she loves both of them always and even if she stays with Damon a part of her will always love Stefan to even though she is not in love with him anymore I’m just tired of this annoying triangle already personally I think Stefan as a dobbleganger and Katherine taking the cure is far more interesting.

Rochelle

Posted at 11:57 AM on May 17, 2013

So this show has just gone to the crapper! I have completely lost any respect for Damon & all I want is for Stefan to be happy now. I mean, it’s just pathetic how by catering to the preteen DE fans, they have made me begin to hate this once beloved show. The only saving grace was that hopefully Silas will wreak havoc on DE & the fact that Jeremy is alive. Oh & if they plan on killing Stefan off, well let’s just say hell hath no fury like me SCORNED!!!!
I am cautiously giving S5 a chance, I mean I can always skip over DE but I NEED to know Stefan’s fate:-(

Masearte

Posted at 1:39 PM on May 28, 2013

Oh wow how is Julie catering to De fans? This show was always promoted as a love triangle which means she is support to explore both sides she can’t just be with Stefan the whole time and never Damon, that’s fine if you hate it but your delusional if you never thought this was going to happen and might as well have stopped watching in the beginning instead of waiting till now.

sonya

Posted at 11:52 AM on May 17, 2013

WOW some of u are so rediculous smfh its just a tv show NOT REALITY so get over urselfs already….I do think the finale was kind of rushed but I liked it in a whole…so what if shes with damon,its mostlikely not gonna last too long bc shes meant to be with stefan obviously.I think her being with damon in a true relationship is due….she needed to lose stefan to realize what she had so I believe they will eventually end up with eachother! so stop crying like babies over a fictional show smh lol get a grip!

Masearte

Posted at 1:33 PM on May 28, 2013

I agree that these comments are seriously pathetic, there is so much more interesting things totals about besides this annoying triangle like Kats human and Stefan has a doubl ganger! however I disagree that Elena is meant to be with Stefan that’s not obvious because there are plenty of signs that pointed to Damon especially with the fact that her meeting Damon first was revealed in S3 instead of 1 and the crow Bonnie Saw in Elena’s future among other things and there is a good chance that Elena may end up with Damon but who knows I guess we have to wait in see.

tetteh victus

Posted at 11:50 AM on May 17, 2013

why does it have to end that way “Julie Plec”. i feel sorry for the stelena fans and all the same am done watching this series cause of delena version of VP. What an awkward moment julie plec

Lynnkayak

Posted at 10:43 PM on May 17, 2013

To “Julie”…you hit it right on. To go back to where we ended last year would be a road to disaster for TVD. This isn’t a choose your own ending, people. This is a drama that needs to keep us engaged and always guessing. We have a lot of NEW twists for season 5 and it is time! Julie Plec is QUEEN!

Ash

Posted at 11:02 AM on May 17, 2013

Oops forgot to add,..the matbekka and klaroline scenes were too good.