After eight seasons, we finally met Ted’s wife on May 13 season finale of ‘How I Met Your Mother’. Here is everything you must know about Cristin Milioti — aka the mother!
Cristin Milioti is the mother! It took 183 episodes and countless near encounters, but Ted’s (Josh Radnor) future wife was finally revealed on the How I Met Your Mother season finale, to the delight of fans. Cristin is not only a famous Broadway actress, there was also a very specific reason why she was picked to be Ted’s wife! Read on to learn all about Cristin.
Cristin Milioti — 5 Things You Need To Know About Her
1) Cristin Is A Broadway Star — Cristen is a notable Broadway actress, and she has starred in many plays including Crooked, That Face and Stunning.
2) She was in The Sopranos — Cristin, a New Jersey native, starred in three episodes of The Sopranos as a mob bosses’ daughter.
3) She starred in Once — Cristin made her name playing “Girl” in the stage adaption of the hit film Once, for which she received a Tony nomination!
4) She was chosen because she can play an instrument — Ted meets his wife when she is playing in the band at Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) and Robin’s (Cobie Smulders) wedding, and so Cristin was picked because she can play the ukulele!
“It was a pretty big umbrella to fill,” says producer Carter Bays to TVLine. “And yet Cristin is, against all odds, exactly what we were looking for. She made us laugh on 30 Rock, she made us swoon in Once, and her ukulele skills are no joke.”
5) Neil Patrick Harris guessed she would play the mother — Carter also revealed to EW that Neil guessed that Cristin would be playing the mother, and he rooted for her to get the part!
Neil walked into the makeup trailer while I was just chatting with Cristin, she was getting make-up to go do this screen test with Josh, and Neil walked in and looked at her and his eyes widened and he sort of said, ‘Oh my God, are you the mother?!’ And he gave her this big hug and was like, ‘You’re the mother!’ And Cristin and I were like, ‘No, it’s still just an audition; it’s not done. I’m not cast yet.’
‘HIMYM’ Mother — Ted’s Wife Is Revealed
The unveiling took place in the last few seconds of the season eight finale on May 13, when Cristin’s still unnamed character walked up to a Long Island Rail Road ticket booth to purchase one ticket to Farhampton, on her way to the wedding.
Only true fans would know that she is the mother, because she was carrying the famous yellow umbrella!
What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Do YOU think Cristin is right to play the mother?
— Eleanore Hutch
More ‘How I Met Your Mother’ News:
- ‘How I Met Your Mother’ Finally Reveals The Mother On Season Finale
- Ashley Benson Joins ‘How I Met Your Mother’ Tonight — Watch Preview
- ‘How I Met Your Mother’ Reveals The Mother — Watch The Dramatic Video